Moderator: Moderators

Masterblaster
Sage

Matthew 11:28 ' Hope in God? '

Post #1

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

I went down to the beach this morning. A 180 degree turn for the better ,in the weather, has brought about a total transformation. Children are in T-shirts, Dads are eating ice- cream. Mams are having breakfast alfresco. Horses and dogs are being exercised. Almost everyone is talkative and happy and life appears suddenly wonderful. This spell of weather is predicted to last until the 25th.

Jesus encourages people to 'fall into God'. Embrace God totally and joyfully,...just like a sunny day. Become uplifted and eternal, in the moment.

QUESTION

How can this be a scam?

Thanks
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

Capbook
Scholar

Re: Matthew 11:28 ' Hope in God? '

Post #31

Post by Capbook »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 am A good observation, but before I go onto the naturalist rebuttal...when you say Intelligent Designer of the universe ...which one are we talking about?
I am talking about God. Not just because of the Law of Gravity by Hawking take God out of the picture.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #32

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Capbook wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:23 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 am A good observation, but before I go onto the naturalist rebuttal...when you say Intelligent Designer of the universe ...which one are we talking about?
I am talking about God. Not just because of the Law of Gravity by Hawking take God out of the picture.

I am talking about any gods,including Biblegod, and how science and scientists have done so much to show that gods (including Biblegod) does not beling in the picture. Any response arguing why a god Does belong in the picture is welcome.

Capbook
Scholar

Post #33

Post by Capbook »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:49 am

I am talking about any gods,including Biblegod, and how science and scientists have done so much to show that gods (including Biblegod) does not beling in the picture. Any response arguing why a god Does belong in the picture is welcome.
Of course there is God in the beginning of the world.
There is God during the pioneers of science time.
Just until this circular reasoning of a famous scientist. But already debunk by his schoolmate in Cambridge.
That says " Nonsense remain nonsense even spoken by famous scientist".

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #34

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Capbook wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:49 am

Of course there is God in the beginning of the world.
There is God during the pioneers of science time.
Just until this circular reasoning of a famous scientist. But already debunk by his schoolmate in Cambridge.
That says " Nonsense remain nonsense even spoken by famous scientist".
No. That will not do. 'of course' is just a faithclaim, you must do better than that.
I have explained elsewhere that early scientists did believe in a god, sure, but the science they discovered made a go un- necessary. Now the generality of scientists do not believe in a god, and those who do don't appear to have good arguments for their faith, just Faith.
You will have to explain who this schoolmate in cambridge is and what the circular argument was. But I already said, even if you can make a casefor a god with Kalam or ID or dismissing Abiogenesis, it may get one to a god, but not to a particular religion.
Yes, nonsense remains nonsense even when spoken by a famous scientists. Sure appeal to Authority is a fallacy. So any scientists who says 'Big Bang is proof of God' (LeMaitre), is actually wrong. It proves a Cause, perhaps, but not an intelligent cause.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #35

Post by Clownboat »

Capbook wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 am Of course there is God in the beginning of the world.
Please show that you speak the truth or retract your unevidenced religious faith claim.
Thank you.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb