This proves Jesus is the Messiah, huh?
He turned water into wine
Walked on water
Blah-blah-blah
WHY are Christians so impressed with those things?
Did you notice that all the things that Jesus was said to have done cant be proven.
Walked on water? Says who? Wheres thevell evidence? And even f you had evidence it doesnt matter. It means nothing. It is not foretold that the messiah will walk on water.
Hey,...Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. Pretty cool. But thats not what we look for. Walking on the moon or the water means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
Nobody dared to claim he brought peace. Because wed know it.
If he built the 3rd temple we'd know it
Jesus has done nothing the messiah is to do. And all the things that 'wow' Christians arent the things that we are told the messiah will do.
Christians: Why are you so wowed over things that dont matter?
THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Moderator: Moderators
- Tcg
- Savant
- Posts: 8793
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
- Location: Third Stone
- Has thanked: 2282 times
- Been thanked: 2414 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #41And is about the king of Babylon.
Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.
- American Atheists
Not believing isn't the same as believing not.
- wiploc
I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.
- Irvin D. Yalom
- American Atheists
Not believing isn't the same as believing not.
- wiploc
I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.
- Irvin D. Yalom
- AquinasForGod
- Guru
- Posts: 1079
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:29 am
- Location: USA
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 77 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #42That is not why I am convinced. I can't imagine anyone being convinced because they read the bible. I am convinced because God revealed it to me supernaturally, which is what faith is, when you know something you cannot know, like Jesus rose.Avoice wrote: ↑Mon Aug 18, 2025 3:19 am This proves Jesus is the Messiah, huh?
He turned water into wine
Walked on water
Blah-blah-blah
WHY are Christians so impressed with those things?
Did you notice that all the things that Jesus was said to have done cant be proven.
Walked on water? Says who? Wheres thevell evidence? And even f you had evidence it doesnt matter. It means nothing. It is not foretold that the messiah will walk on water.
Hey,...Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. Pretty cool. But thats not what we look for. Walking on the moon or the water means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
Nobody dared to claim he brought peace. Because wed know it.
If he built the 3rd temple we'd know it
Jesus has done nothing the messiah is to do. And all the things that 'wow' Christians arent the things that we are told the messiah will do.
Christians: Why are you so wowed over things that dont matter?
-
Avoice
- Guru
- Posts: 1172
- Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 am
- Location: USA / ISRAEL
- Has thanked: 14 times
- Been thanked: 46 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #43[Replying to AquinasForGod in post #42]
What?
You say you can't imagine anybody be convinced because they read the Bible? That you learned of Jesus supernaturally? And you believe he rose after he died? And that information came to you supernaturally. Really? No it did not. You read about it.
Your belief didn't come to you supernaturally you were taught it. From a from a Bible.
How did you hear about Jesus? Did he just appear to you and you never heard of him before? Nobody else had ever heard of him? No. You learned of him from reading a Bible.
What?
You say you can't imagine anybody be convinced because they read the Bible? That you learned of Jesus supernaturally? And you believe he rose after he died? And that information came to you supernaturally. Really? No it did not. You read about it.
Your belief didn't come to you supernaturally you were taught it. From a from a Bible.
How did you hear about Jesus? Did he just appear to you and you never heard of him before? Nobody else had ever heard of him? No. You learned of him from reading a Bible.
-
Ray the atheist
- Scholar
- Posts: 355
- Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2026 12:28 pm
- Has thanked: 12 times
- Been thanked: 48 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #44[Replying to Avoice in post #1]
: This proves Jesus is the Messiah, huh?
He turned water into wine
Walked on water
Blah-blah-blah"
__________________________________________
Turning water into wine, walking on water, making the blind see again, raising people from the dead and so on sounds to me like a list of magic tricks from a famous magician.
I can imagine Jesus being very popular at weddings as an entertainer.
We know that back then, there were magicians.
Kings usually had armies... and payed for entertaining magicians .
If I had to guess, jesus was more of an entertainer than a king.
: This proves Jesus is the Messiah, huh?
He turned water into wine
Walked on water
Blah-blah-blah"
__________________________________________
Turning water into wine, walking on water, making the blind see again, raising people from the dead and so on sounds to me like a list of magic tricks from a famous magician.
I can imagine Jesus being very popular at weddings as an entertainer.
We know that back then, there were magicians.
Kings usually had armies... and payed for entertaining magicians .
If I had to guess, jesus was more of an entertainer than a king.
I study religiously motivated reasoning. I'm an agnostic atheist and I don't believe in the supernatural or superstitions. I genuinely want to engage your ideas charitably and respectfully. I value critical thinking, empathy, intellectual honesty, and civil disagreement. I am committed to understanding each other’s arguments, remaining open to correction, and discussing arguments rather than attack each other.
-
Ray the atheist
- Scholar
- Posts: 355
- Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2026 12:28 pm
- Has thanked: 12 times
- Been thanked: 48 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #45[Replying to AquinasForGod in post #42]
" That is not why I am convinced. I can't imagine anyone being convinced because they read the bible. I am convinced because God revealed it to me supernaturally, which is what faith is, when you know something you cannot know, like Jesus rose."
_____________________________________________
I could just as easily say that God revealed to me the very opposite, and offer just as much evidence of my revelation as you did for yours.
If I need to, it's really quite easy to convince myself of what I already believe.
" That is not why I am convinced. I can't imagine anyone being convinced because they read the bible. I am convinced because God revealed it to me supernaturally, which is what faith is, when you know something you cannot know, like Jesus rose."
_____________________________________________
I could just as easily say that God revealed to me the very opposite, and offer just as much evidence of my revelation as you did for yours.
If I need to, it's really quite easy to convince myself of what I already believe.
I study religiously motivated reasoning. I'm an agnostic atheist and I don't believe in the supernatural or superstitions. I genuinely want to engage your ideas charitably and respectfully. I value critical thinking, empathy, intellectual honesty, and civil disagreement. I am committed to understanding each other’s arguments, remaining open to correction, and discussing arguments rather than attack each other.
- AquinasForGod
- Guru
- Posts: 1079
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:29 am
- Location: USA
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 77 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #46You could. I never said it was a reason for others to believe.Ray the atheist wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2026 8:01 pm [Replying to AquinasForGod in post #42]
" That is not why I am convinced. I can't imagine anyone being convinced because they read the bible. I am convinced because God revealed it to me supernaturally, which is what faith is, when you know something you cannot know, like Jesus rose."
_____________________________________________
I could just as easily say that God revealed to me the very opposite, and offer just as much evidence of my revelation as you did for yours.
If I need to, it's really quite easy to convince myself of what I already believe.
- AquinasForGod
- Guru
- Posts: 1079
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:29 am
- Location: USA
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 77 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #47[Replying to Avoice in post #1]
I wasn't convinced by anything in the bible. I was convinced by God.
I wasn't convinced by anything in the bible. I was convinced by God.
-
Avoice
- Guru
- Posts: 1172
- Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 am
- Location: USA / ISRAEL
- Has thanked: 14 times
- Been thanked: 46 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #48[Replying to AquinasForGod in post #47]
You say you are not convinced by what is written in the bible. But convinced by God.
So what you believe to be true was never put in a book and read by you?
Did the name 'Jesus' pop into your head? You never never heard it before from anyone?
So what have you been convinced of?
And how is it different than what it says in a Bible?
You say you are not convinced by what is written in the bible. But convinced by God.
So what you believe to be true was never put in a book and read by you?
Did the name 'Jesus' pop into your head? You never never heard it before from anyone?
So what have you been convinced of?
And how is it different than what it says in a Bible?
-
Ray the atheist
- Scholar
- Posts: 355
- Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2026 12:28 pm
- Has thanked: 12 times
- Been thanked: 48 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #49[Replying to AquinasForGod in post #47]
Is that what happened to you?
And if so, what did God say to convince you that you weren't hallucinating?
You seem to be saying that God shows up to you physically, and that you have talks in the regular, human sense of the world, as Jesus could talk to his disciples using his voice.I wasn't convinced by anything in the bible. I was convinced by God.
Is that what happened to you?
And if so, what did God say to convince you that you weren't hallucinating?
I study religiously motivated reasoning. I'm an agnostic atheist and I don't believe in the supernatural or superstitions. I genuinely want to engage your ideas charitably and respectfully. I value critical thinking, empathy, intellectual honesty, and civil disagreement. I am committed to understanding each other’s arguments, remaining open to correction, and discussing arguments rather than attack each other.
-
Ray the atheist
- Scholar
- Posts: 355
- Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2026 12:28 pm
- Has thanked: 12 times
- Been thanked: 48 times
Re: THIS IS YOUR PROOF? Haaaaa
Post #50[Replying to AquinasForGod in post #46]
Right, I could.
So, right now, the only evidence that you provide is that you convinced yourself.
You don't even expect a skeptic to be convinced by your conviction.. so, you don't have any evidence to offer for your belief in God.
We aren't engaged in a debate.
I am witnessing what I consider to be your testimony.
Can you provide evidence that your testimony is true and accurate?
If I need to, it's really quite easy to convince myself of what I already believe.
You could. I never said it was a reason for others to believe.
Right, I could.
So, right now, the only evidence that you provide is that you convinced yourself.
You don't even expect a skeptic to be convinced by your conviction.. so, you don't have any evidence to offer for your belief in God.
We aren't engaged in a debate.
I am witnessing what I consider to be your testimony.
Can you provide evidence that your testimony is true and accurate?
I study religiously motivated reasoning. I'm an agnostic atheist and I don't believe in the supernatural or superstitions. I genuinely want to engage your ideas charitably and respectfully. I value critical thinking, empathy, intellectual honesty, and civil disagreement. I am committed to understanding each other’s arguments, remaining open to correction, and discussing arguments rather than attack each other.

