The Qu'ran

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

The Qu'ran

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

CONVERTED TO ISLAM wrote:quraan is written by allah but other books written by person so you have to read it to make sure
mar wrote:Well i am sure the quran is much unique from among all the other books. [...] the quran has never been changed. The quran was and is as god says himself in the quran that the quran is copyrighted. So there are millions of copys in the world in many translation--but all the same thing. Ones in english, urdu, arabic, chinese, brail... and so on. So which one shall you read? The one that says Quran or koran or coran on the cover. And as the biggining chapter introduces the author (god). You can order many free ones from islam tomorow, or even better go to your local mosque.[...]

So I went to the quran. I read it and I felt closer to god in my whole life. I actually cryed. And now i am closer to god then ever.
I have been invited to read the Qu'ran. It has been claimed that it has the answers to the questions, How can I know if God exists? and How can I know what God wants of me? It has been implied that the divine truth of the Quran is self-evident.

For Debate: If you have read the Qu'ran or part of it, is its divine origin self-evident? Does it make a convincing argument for the existence of God?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Re: The Qu'ran

Post #231

Post by Apple Pie »

micatala wrote:Moderator Intervention

Apple Pie wrote:
goat wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote: Who said Quran was writen in english?
What language was it first written in, when it was copied from the Holy Bible, brother?
I have yet to see you present anything beyond hubris and the use of some common words and imagry that are cultural in context that it was 'copied from the bible'.

That is an error you are making. You are assuming that since a phrase is used in a specific manner in the bible, it is universally applied to Jesus.

That isn't so.
Show us...

I will ask Apple Pie to be aware that unproductive one liners are against the rules. If you have a specific challenge, make it. Simply responding "show us", especially repeatedly, is not really debate.
Show us...

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Post #232

Post by Apple Pie »

TrueReligion wrote: It was never copied from Bible,
Yes, the Koran was wholesale copied from the Holy Bible, brother.

If you doubt this, then pick a spot that you feel was not.

Fact is, Bible is copied from Jewish scriptues.
What do you think the Holy Bible is, brother.

The OT scriptures are already part of the Holy Bible.

Jester
Prodigy

Post #233

Post by Jester »

Moderator Comment
Apple Pie wrote:
I will ask Apple Pie to be aware that unproductive one liners are against the rules. If you have a specific challenge, make it. Simply responding "show us", especially repeatedly, is not really debate.
Show us...
This is not allowed, and appears to be misbehaving simply to prove that you can do so. Cease and desist unless you wish the moderating team to prove that you can't do so by deleting your account.
We must continually ask ourselves whether victory has become more central to our goals than truth.

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Post #234

Post by Apple Pie »

Jester wrote:Moderator Comment
Apple Pie wrote:
Show us...
This is not allowed, and appears to be misbehaving simply to prove that you can do so. Cease and desist unless you wish the moderating team to prove that you can't do so by deleting your account.
It is rather refreshing to see so many "mods" interested in reading through our material.

This way, they can be better prepared when they encounter it again...

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #235

Post by micatala »

Moderator Formal Warning
Apple Pie wrote:
Jester wrote:Moderator Comment
Apple Pie wrote:
Show us...
It is rather refreshing to see so many "mods" interested in reading through our material.

This way, they can be better prepared when they encounter it again...

Do not respond to moderator comments within a thread, only via PM.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Post #236

Post by Apple Pie »

McCulloch wrote: I will select five random passages from the Qu'ran. At least one of them should be a direct copy from the Book of Revelation.
When can we expect your "five random passages", brother?

Do you need more time to hand pick these "random" passages...?

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #237

Post by TrueReligion »

Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote: It was never copied from Bible,
Yes, the Koran was wholesale copied from the Holy Bible, brother.

If you doubt this, then pick a spot that you feel was not.

You could;nt provide proof of this claim, and you failed till now in this.

Fact is, Bible is copied from Jewish scriptues.
What do you think the Holy Bible is, brother.

The OT scriptures are already part of the Holy Bible.
So you mean OT and Pentateuch was said and writen bby Jesus? , but he was not there at the time of Moses and other old prophets:)

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Post #238

Post by Apple Pie »

TrueReligion wrote: So you mean OT and Pentateuch was said and writen bby Jesus? , but he was not there at the time of Moses and other old prophets:)
Who made this assertion except you, brother...?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #239

Post by McCulloch »

McCulloch wrote: I will select five random passages from the Qu'ran. At least one of them should be a direct copy from the Book of Revelation.
Apple Pie wrote:When can we expect your "five random passages", brother?

Do you need more time to hand pick these "random" passages...?
It took me a few minutes of my free time to write a random generator which took into account the two level structure. These are the passages:
  1. 10.103
  2. 43.8
  3. 72.27
  4. 77.27
  5. 109.5
If it is true that 75% of the Qu'ran was directly copied from the Book of Revelation, then one of these should be an direct copy.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #240

Post by TrueReligion »

Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote: So you mean OT and Pentateuch was said and writen bby Jesus? , but he was not there at the time of Moses and other old prophets:)
Who made this assertion except you, brother...?
Reply to the question please, follow the debate rules.