Could this be the new trend for Gays and Christianity?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #1

Post by Greatest I Am »

I have never though that Gays should be discriminated and denigrated by all the religions that do so.

To me, sin has to have a victim and with adult gays, there is none.

I hope so.

Do you?

Regards
DL
God is a cosmic consciousness.
Telepathy the key.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Re: Could this be the new trend for Gays and Christianity?

Post #41

Post by Greatest I Am »

Benoni wrote:Sin is a factor in this world. We all sin and come short of the glory of God. That is why we need Jesus blood which reversed the curse.

[.
[/quote]

So, to be saved, wee all have to line up and take advantage of the murder of an innocent man.

How utterly immoral.

The vicarious sacrifice of Jesus was refused by God. As it should have been. It was immoral.

Why have you forsaken me is answered here.

Pro 21:3 To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Psa 49:7 None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

To think that a God needs human sacrifice to forgive man is just too stupid and barbaric to consider.

Sacrificing ones self to ones self is also illogical.

I guess that when someone becomes homophobic, logic and morals go out the window.

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by Slopeshoulder »

Benoni wrote:Sin is a factor in this world. We all sin and come short of the glory of God. That is why we need Jesus blood which reversed the curse.
This is not debate. It is the recitiation of a creed.
More specifically, even as a creed, it is a literalist expression of sin and atonement theology, only one of several options within christianity.

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #43

Post by micatala »

Moderator Comment
Slopeshoulder wrote:
More specifically, even as a creed, it is a literalist expression of sin and atonement theology, only one of several options within christianity.
As a reminder, let me point out the guidelines for the Christianity and Apologetics Forum.

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... php?t=9741
1. We are debating Christianity, pro and con, for and against, not debating with the assumption that Christianity is true. Please realize that people on the forum are from all worldview backgrounds and do not necessarily share the same assumptions.

2. Avoid using the Bible as the sole source to prove that Christianity is true. However, using the Bible as the only source to argue what is authentic Christianity is legitimate.

3. For factual claims like the existence of individuals, places, and events, the Bible can be considered as providing evidence, but not necessarily conclusive evidence.

4. Unsupported Bible quotations are to be considered as no more authoritative than unsupported quotations from any other book.

5. Please avoid "preaching" and using the forum as simply a way to blast people with the gospel message. This is a debating forum, not a convenient place to overtly proselytize.

6. Realize that most participants here are strong debaters and have a vast knowledge of Christianity and the Bible (including non-theists). If you make any claims, be ready to support your claims with evidence if asked. Non-Biblical evidence would go far among non-theists.

7. For debates purely on theology with the assumption that the Bible is an authoritative source, please consider posting in the Theology, Doctrine, and Dogma subforum.

Some of the recent debate has been over whether homosexuality or homosexual acts should be considered sinful. That can certainly be debated within this forum. However, if a member wishes to debate this question under the assumptions that the Bible is authoritative (which does not necessarily include being inerrant), then the Theology Forum might be more appropriate.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Euphrates
Scholar

Post #44

Post by Euphrates »

Greatest I Am wrote:
Euphrates wrote: Branding my "faction" of Christianity as "backward" doesn't fix your flawed argument.
Your right it does not. It just shows your backward and immoral thinking.
No, it doesn't show anything. It's not an argument. It's just a label.
Greatest I Am wrote:There is no victim in both of the scenarios given. Why call them sins.
Are you even trying to address my argument? It sounds like you're going to, but then you never do. I can't tell if you're begging the question, or just ignoring the question.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by Benoni »

Call what you want. It is more then just another theology; homosexuality just like adultry are sins in the christian belief.

The blood of Jesus is the solution according to God's Word to which many of us believe in.
Slopeshoulder wrote:

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #46

Post by Benoni »

Sorry can't help you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (New King James Version)
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Greatest I Am wrote:

[.
So, to be saved, wee all have to line up and take advantage of the murder of an innocent man.

How utterly immoral.

The vicarious sacrifice of Jesus was refused by God. As it should have been. It was immoral.

Pro 21:3 To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Psa 49:7 None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

To think that a God needs human sacrifice to forgive man is just too stupid and barbaric to consider.

I guess that when someone becomes homophobic, logic and morals go out the window.

Regards
DL[/quote]

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #47

Post by Greatest I Am »

Euphrates wrote:
Greatest I Am wrote:
Euphrates wrote: Branding my "faction" of Christianity as "backward" doesn't fix your flawed argument.
Your right it does not. It just shows your backward and immoral thinking.
No, it doesn't show anything. It's not an argument. It's just a label.
Greatest I Am wrote:There is no victim in both of the scenarios given. Why call them sins.
Are you even trying to address my argument? It sounds like you're going to, but then you never do. I can't tell if you're begging the question, or just ignoring the question.
What are you talking about? What question?

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #48

Post by Greatest I Am »

Benoni wrote:Call what you want. It is more then just another theology; homosexuality just like adultry are sins in the christian belief.

The blood of Jesus is the solution according to God's Word to which many of us believe in.
Slopeshoulder wrote:
You keep saying they are sins but never tell us why.
Do so if you know and are not following dogma blindly.

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #49

Post by Greatest I Am »

Benoni wrote:Sorry can't help you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (New King James Version)
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Greatest I Am wrote:

[.

How utterly immoral.

Regards
DL
[/quote]

I know you cannot help. Thumpers can't think that well.

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

Flail

Post #50

Post by Flail »

Benoni wrote:Call what you want. It is more then just another theology; homosexuality just like adultry are sins in the christian belief.

Slopeshoulder wrote:
Homosexuality is persent in the animal world. Do homosexual bears sin?