Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Natural man cannot understand Spiritual things

Post #1

Post by Skyangel »

1 Cor 2 :14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

The bible tells us the natural man can't understand anything spiritual because they are spiritually discerned.
What does that mean to you readers?

According to the bible, a person needs to use spiritual discernment in order to understand spiritual things.

The natural man is the man who is governed by his senses and wants physical proof of everything. The natural man rejects spiritual discernment and spiritual proof.

How do any people who admit they are not spiritual expect to get proof of God or anything spiritual for that matter when they refuse to use spiritual discernment but want physical and sensual proof?

Science is incapable of proving spiritual things because science does not use spiritual discernment.

Spiritual discernment comes from what science calls the right brain as opposed to the left brain.

Check/test which side of the brain you are using the most here> http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/right- ... 1114603615

Your mind can make that animation on the above site turn around depending on whether you are using the right or left brain.

To some people the dancer is turning clockwise and to others she is dancing anticlockwise.

Which way do you see her turning?

If you cannot see her turning clockwise, you are not using the spiritual side of your mind ( right brain functions) at all.

Flail

Re: Natural man cannot understand Spiritual things

Post #21

Post by Flail »

Skyangel wrote:
Consider that the right brain can see the bigger picture which the left brain cannot see. If a person is "led" mainly by the left brain, is he delusional for his inability to see the bigger picture or is the one who is "led" by the right brain delusional for not being able to see the small details which the left brain can see?
Who is the most delusional "half wit" and why? The one led by the right brain or the one led by the left brain?
To all half wits who get offended at being called half wits, I apologize for the offense but if the cap fits and you wish to wear it, you are most welcome to wear it. I can't explain it any other way. If you are led by only half your brain then what else can you be but a half wit?
If a hen and a-half laid an egg and a-half in a day and a-half, how many pancakes would it take to shingle a dog house?

Nec Spe Nec Metu
Scholar

Post #22

Post by Nec Spe Nec Metu »

Flail wrote:Skyangel wrote:
Consider that the right brain can see the bigger picture which the left brain cannot see. If a person is "led" mainly by the left brain, is he delusional for his inability to see the bigger picture or is the one who is "led" by the right brain delusional for not being able to see the small details which the left brain can see?
Who is the most delusional "half wit" and why? The one led by the right brain or the one led by the left brain?
To all half wits who get offended at being called half wits, I apologize for the offense but if the cap fits and you wish to wear it, you are most welcome to wear it. I can't explain it any other way. If you are led by only half your brain then what else can you be but a half wit?
If a hen and a-half laid an egg and a-half in a day and a-half, how many pancakes would it take to shingle a dog house?
A glorious response to a very poorly articulated question. The fact that the OP suggests those who do not agree with or understand him and his inarticulate premise are 'half-wits' is just icing on the proverbial cake.

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by Skyangel »

Thank you for your example of a half wit.

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Post #24

Post by Skyangel »

Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
A glorious response to a very poorly articulated question. The fact that the OP suggests those who do not agree with or understand him and his inarticulate premise are 'half-wits' is just icing on the proverbial cake.
Can you articulate it any better and maybe give an example of how it ought to be articulated so as to be clearly understood by all half wits? If you can, you will prove yourself to understand me and also be smarter than me since you will be able to make all half wits understand you. If not, are you proving yourself to be a half wit or just incapable of making half wits understand you?

Nec Spe Nec Metu
Scholar

Post #25

Skyangel wrote:
Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
Can you articulate it any better and maybe give an example of how it ought to be articulated so as to be clearly understood by all half wits? If you can, you will prove yourself to understand me and also be smarter than me since you will be able to make all half wits understand you. If not, are you proving yourself to be a half wit or just incapable of making half wits understand you?
37 pancakes.

naz
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by naz »

For the half-wits!@$ yay! lol this is starting to sound like a comedy.

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by Skyangel »

Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
Skyangel wrote:
Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
37 pancakes.
Exactly the kind of response I expected[strike] from someone with your disabilities.[/strike]

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by Skyangel »

naz wrote:For the half-wits!@$ yay! lol this is starting to sound like a comedy.
At least a few people can laugh at themselves for being half wits. The rest get offended at the sheer suggestion of it.

Nec Spe Nec Metu
Scholar

Post #29

Skyangel wrote:
Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
Skyangel wrote:
Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
37 pancakes.
Exactly the kind of response I expected[strike] from someone with your disabilities.[/strike]
As always, I leave it to the readers to decide who amongst us is the one with disabilities.

naz
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by naz »

Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
Skyangel wrote:
Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
Skyangel wrote:
Nec Spe Nec Metu wrote:
37 pancakes.
As always, I leave it to the readers to decide who amongst us is the one with disabilities.
You should be a Zzyzx fan, that sounds like something he would say.