Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

connermt
Banned
Banned

The "Plan"

Post #1

Post by connermt »

Many (believers or no) like to say that we are living "god's plan" in that it was his plan: for man to sin and to offer up himself/son/self/son/self/son as a sacrifice to 'save his creation from eternal hell'.

Do you think this is his plan? If so, why? Why not another plan? Surely he could have done anything he wanted, yet he decided this course of action. Why do you think this is?

Or if you don't think this is his plan, why not? Surely he could have done anything he wanted, so why didn't he change the course the world's taken? Why do you think he would do this?

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #71

Post by Tex »

kayky wrote:
Tex wrote:

I don't go to church.....I haven't been there for years. My mother always took me , however I never cared for it, since I knew more about God, than the Priest, plus I was so young I was bored out of my tree.

But I do respect people that go. Not all are like me.
Hebrews 10:25: not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

As a Biblical literalist, how can you justify your lack of church attendance? Just curious.
What's the point? Like you said, people can choose what ever they wish to believe.
Just have to look at your Church. You don't even believe half of the NT.

otseng
Savant

Post #72

Post by otseng »

Tex wrote: Here we go again with the "cry baby" attitude.
Tex wrote: Yet another atheist with a limited understanding of life. He is more interested in what a rock can do for him than why he is alive.
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

These are not considered to be civil responses. This serves as your final warning prior to probation.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.