St. Anger

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

As a Metallica fan, do you like the album St. Anger?

It sucks
50%
It rocks
25%
ehhh, they've definitely made better
25%

Total votes: 4

St. Anger
Apprentice

St. Anger

Post #1

Post by St. Anger »

Please vote, and then post your vote and religion (or lack there of) below. If enough results are collected, I will explain why.
“The word "good" has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man.�

G.K. Chesterton

Am I buggin' you? Don't mean ta' bug ya'!

Bono

I am Death. Vengeance is mine! God's fury rains down on you!

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by LiamOS »

St. Anger is probably my most hated album of all time. Metallica went away recording for years, and produced(I use the term 'produce' loosely) a monstrosity of snare and off-key singing... And then they listened to it and thought "Yeah, that's a good album."
I've honestly heard better quality production and recording from 15 year olds in sheds with €300 worth of gear, which is staggeringly sad.

I'm just at a loss for words to describe the insufferable monstrosity that is this album.

I found a nice parody which pretty much sums up the album:
[youtube][/youtube]

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by micatala »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn