Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

Evolution –

Post #1

Post by moment_of_faith »

Over the last few years I have watched the series Hero's, the movie Push, x-men, and so on. Today as I watched the new spider-man “ The Amazing Spider-man “ I noticed he can no longer make his web naturally but had to develop a gizmo to do it for him. Which I will say is back to the original, but I wondered way. Also they took him back to high school.

Well I would like to share my beliefs on this matter. I really believe we are watching the next step in evolution but not by natural selection as most evolutionist like to say. I believe we have been manipulating and cross breeding. I also believe we are seeing it in some of our kids now and that's why I believe it went back to Peter being in high school and not being able to naturally do his own web.

See I believe the kids that have these powers are young and trying to understand them and these movies are helping them understand. I also believe since I'm sure none can spin their own web or do anything like that “ YET “ they took it out.

Now how / why do I feel this way. The Lord tells us the end days will be like the days of Noah. In those days fallen angels were having sex and babies with human women. They were cross breeding and basically doing gene manipulation.
I believe it's a good chance a UFO will land on earth claiming to be the missing link when they are no more then fallen angels.

This will be the great deception of man kind. I believe these kids will come out with their supernatural power after being told they are the next leap in evolution.

Now I may be wrong about the supernatural powers being brought to the forefront. I say I'm about 30% on that one and about 60% on the UFO aka Fallen Angels.

Just something I throw out there for people to be aware of.

Also I forgot to mention Zombies. I believe this is just the new name for demons. The bible tells us we will see some supernatural stuff including people searching for death and can't find it. I would say that is a zombie if you ask me. See the devil is just trying to make all this look cool or at least normal. Then with all the drugs the world is doing it will be.
Last edited by moment_of_faith on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #61

Post by Clownboat »

moment_of_faith wrote:
Goat wrote:
moment_of_faith wrote:
LiamOS wrote: Moderator Comment
Clownboat wrote:Honest question.
Do you take lithium as medication?

Honest or not, the implications of this question are offensive.
Further, this does not constitute a productive response to a post.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.

Not to step on anyone toes, but I feel like we should know who we are talking to.

Also it should be a bible debate for the lord said at the end of times everyone will be on drugs.
Please provide evidence that the lord said that at the end of times everyone will be on drugs

Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.
Sorceries ='s being on drugs?
That is a jump that even Evel Knievel could not make IMO.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

Post #62

moment_of_faith wrote:
Goat wrote:
moment_of_faith wrote:

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.

Not to step on anyone toes, but I feel like we should know who we are talking to.

Also it should be a bible debate for the lord said at the end of times everyone will be on drugs.
Please provide evidence that the lord said that at the end of times everyone will be on drugs

Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.
If we read Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

While this scripture says more we will be focusing on the word “ Sorceries “ In Greek this word is pharmakos Which is defined as

Cognate: 5333 phármakos – properly, a sorcerer; used of people using drugs and "religious incantations" to drug people into living by their illusions – like having magical (supernatural) powers to manipulate God into giving them more temporal possessions.

You continue to research this word you get -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmakos
Pharmakos and Pharmacology

The term "pharmakos" later became the term "pharmakeus" which refers to "a drug, spell-giving potion, druggist, poisoner, by extension a magician or a sorcerer."[3] A variation of this term is "pharmakon" (φά�μακον) a complex term meaning sacrament, remedy, poison, talisman, cosmetic, perfume or intoxicant.[4] From this, the modern term "pharmacology" emerged

We continue in with Pharmacology Defined

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacology
Pharmacology (from Greek φά�μακον, pharmakon, "poison" in classic Greek; "drug" in modern Greek; and -λογία, -logia "study of", "knowledge of") is the branch of medicine and biology concerned with the study of drug action[1], where a drug can be broadly defined as any man-made, natural, or endogenous (within the cell) molecule which exerts a biochemical and/or physiological effect on the cell, tissue, organ, or organism. More specifically, it is the study of the interactions that occur between a living organism and chemicals that affect normal or abnormal biochemical function. If substances have medicinal properties, they are considered pharmaceuticals

We come to Pharmaceuticals – And there is the SMOKING GUN.

Atheist, point to our modern medicine and how we have a pill forever thing now. Again about everyone I know are on some type of PHARMACEUTICAL from Kids to little old Grandmas. We have people breaking into Ambulances stealing Anxiety and Pain Medication. Going to open house to steal from the medicine cabinets. Mental illness is on the rise.

WHY – People want to live in a delusion – and the root word says just that --

phármakos -- to drug people into living by their illusions

Drug abuse will get worse along with mental illness. These are caused by Satan himself� DEMONS “.

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

Post #63

Sorceries ='s being on drugs?
That is a jump that even Evel Knievel could not make IMO.

Why jump when you can drive across.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #64

Post by Danmark »

moment_of_faith wrote: If we read Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

While this scripture says more we will be focusing on the word “ Sorceries “ In Greek this word is pharmakos Which is defined as

Cognate: 5333 phármakos – properly, a sorcerer; used of people using drugs and "religious incantations" to drug people into living by their illusions – like having magical (supernatural) powers to manipulate God into giving them more temporal possessions.

You continue to research this word you get -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmakos

The term "pharmakos" later became the term "pharmakeus" which refers to "a drug, spell-giving potion, druggist, poisoner, by extension a magician or a sorcerer."[3] A variation of this term is "pharmakon" (φά�μακον) a complex term meaning sacrament, remedy, poison, talisman, cosmetic, perfume or intoxicant.[4] From this, the modern term "pharmacology" emerged

Pharmacology (from Greek φά�μακον, pharmakon, "poison" in classic Greek; "drug" in modern Greek; and -λογία, -logia "study of", "knowledge of") is the branch of medicine and biology concerned with the study of drug action[1], where a drug can be broadly defined as any man-made, natural, or endogenous (within the cell) molecule which exerts a biochemical and/or physiological effect on the cell, tissue, organ, or organism. More specifically, it is the study of the interactions that occur between a living organism and chemicals that affect normal or abnormal biochemical function. If substances have medicinal properties, they are considered pharmaceuticals

Atheist, point to our modern medicine and how we have a pill forever thing now. Again about everyone I know are on some type of PHARMACEUTICAL from Kids to little old Grandmas. We have people breaking into Ambulances stealing Anxiety and Pain Medication. Going to open house to steal from the medicine cabinets. Mental illness is on the rise.

Drug abuse will get worse along with mental illness. These are caused by Satan himself� DEMONS “.

[emphasis applied]
You go wrong in two ways. 1st you said "everyone" will be on drugs and have given no biblical support. 2d You have made a common mistake in translation. It is true that our English word for pharmacy comes from the greek word for sorcery, but that was a long time coming. In the passage you quote, Rev. 9:21 φα�μάκων (pharmak�n) is correctly translated as 'sorceries.' And that is why all English translations I am aware of translate it as 'sorceries' not 'drugs'. One or two may translate it as 'magic arts' or 'charms,' but never drugs. This unfortunate error in translation is well known and has caused much suffering since some Christians who have come under the 'spell' of certain preachers have refused life saving or pain reducing drugs due to this error.

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

Post #65

Danmark wrote:
moment_of_faith wrote: If we read Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

[emphasis applied]
You go wrong in two ways. 1st you said "everyone" will be on drugs and have given no biblical support. 2d You have made a common mistake in translation. It is true that our English word for pharmacy comes from the greek word for sorcery, but that was a long time coming. In the passage you quote, Rev. 9:21 φα�μάκων (pharmak�n) is correctly translated as 'sorceries.' And that is why all English translations I am aware of translate it as 'sorceries' not 'drugs'. One or two may translate it as 'magic arts' or 'charms,' but never drugs. This unfortunate error in translation is well known and has caused much suffering since some Christians who have come under the 'spell' of certain preachers have refused life saving or pain reducing drugs due to this error.

I hate to be so arrogant, but debating with some of you is like taking candy from a baby, but this is what happens when people don't believe in the lord. Professing to be wise they become fools

Here is basically ALL the PEOPLE

Revelation 9:20 The rest of [r]mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk; 21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

Then if you look up this scripture in greek –

http://biblos.com/revelation/9-21.htm

For the word Sorceries you get Pharmakon – Strong word 5333 – http://biblesuite.com/greek/5333.htm

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #66

Post by Danmark »

moment_of_faith wrote: Here is basically ALL the PEOPLE

Revelation 9:20 The rest of [r]mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk; 21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

For the word Sorceries you get Pharmakon – Strong word 5333 – http://biblesuite.com/greek/5333.htm

Even your own words admit the word is properly translated as 'sorcerer' or 'sorceries', just as all translations indicate, and never as the noun 'drug'.
The word 'drug' as you use it above is a verb meaning 'to trick' people. It does not refer to a chemical ('...molecule which exerts a biochemical and/or physiological effect on the cell...'). So now you are admitting you got it wrong? Your 'smoking gun' is simply a mistranslation. You started out by claiming that rampant 'drug use' showed we were in the 'end times.' Now you agree you were completely wrong and are trying to use 'drug' as a verb to mean magic, illusion or trick.

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

Post #67

Danmark wrote:
moment_of_faith wrote: Here is basically ALL the PEOPLE

Even your own words admit the word is properly translated as 'sorcerer' or 'sorceries', just as all translations indicate, and never as the noun 'drug'.
The word 'drug' as you use it above is a verb meaning 'to trick' people. It does not refer to a chemical ('...molecule which exerts a biochemical and/or physiological effect on the cell...'). So now you are admitting you got it wrong? Your 'smoking gun' is simply a mistranslation. You started out by claiming that rampant 'drug use' showed we were in the 'end times.' Now you agree you were completely wrong and are trying to use 'drug' as a verb to mean magic, illusion or trick.
NO -- Now look at word 5333 Pharmakos

WHY – People want to live in a delusion – and the root word says just that -- phármakos -- to drug people into living by their illusions

otseng
Savant

Post #68

Post by otseng »

moment_of_faith wrote: I hate to be so arrogant, but debating with some of you is like taking candy from a baby, but this is what happens when people don't believe in the lord. Professing to be wise they become fools
:warning: Moderator Warning

Comments like this would be a personal attack and would be against the rules.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

Post #69

otseng wrote:
moment_of_faith wrote: I hate to be so arrogant, but debating with some of you is like taking candy from a baby, but this is what happens when people don't believe in the lord. Professing to be wise they become fools
:warning: Moderator Warning

Comments like this would be a personal attack and would be against the rules.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Again not to step on toes but that's from the bible. I'm just telling them what the lord says about unbelievers.

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #70

Post by Goat »

moment_of_faith wrote:
Goat wrote:
moment_of_faith wrote:

Please review the Rules.

And what does that have to do with drugs?? Be precise, and show sources.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella