What is the logic behind Jesus' crucifixion?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

What is the logic behind Jesus' crucifixion?

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

This is arguably the core of the Christian faith that Jesus died for our sins and made it possible for us to live for eternity in heaven... but why did Jesus have to die in order for us to have our sins forgiven?

God makes the rules. There is no "God HAD to sacrifice Jesus" because God can do anything.

Christians often say that God cannot let sin go unpunished as it would be unjust; but is it any more just to sacrifice an innocent man on behalf of a guilty man? If a man rapes a little girl and the man's brother offers to go to prison on his behalf, would this be justice?

If god is satisfied by punishment without guilt (Jesus), why is he not satisfied with guilt without punishment?

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by Justin108 »

Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
HiddenHand wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
I never said Jesus didn't suffer. I said Jesus wasn't "given up".

I was wondering when you would use your "Oh you atheists wouldn't understand" cop out.

So back to the OP. Why did God HAVE to sacrifice Jesus?

I wasn't talking about the suffering of the son. It was about the suffering of the Father.

You see....You can't understand. How can anyone who does not believe in God even start to understand. Your foundation is weak and will crumble.

"Oh you atheists will never understand"
Are you going to debate or are you going to keep copping out?

Until you learn to do math.....You can't play with the teacher. It's pointless.
You get what I'm telling you? That's why we(Creationist) are all stupid when it comes to evolution....Right?
Now....study the bible with people that KNOW the bible then you may able to play.
Right now...You are lost when in comes to things of God.

You know, I try not to get irritated, but this kind of belief-centered, patronizing, self-righteous babble really pisses me off.

Your answers are in no way akin to a debate and are based on some sort of notion that you somehow "get it" and others are missing the point because they don't share your own supremely enlightened point of view. Not to mention the fact that your spelling and grammar are terrible and don't help your cause. It's people WHO know the bible, by the way. Your initial post was terribly written as well.

The problem with theists like you is that you constantly shift the goal posts based on your interpretation. The catch 22 in a debate such as this is nothing can be proven or disproven because you make up the rules as you go.

A belief is not a fact. It's an emotional circumstance in your mind. Most of us have read the NT and if you can't come to terms with the fact that people don't "get it" like you do, you don't have a place on this forum

Cheers #-o

Typical atheist response...."They read the NT" So what? You can't even phantom a being higher than yourself. You are your own gods. That is itself, is a closed mind attitude to the known universe. This is why atheist never discover anything. You can only see death.

You hate the idea of God....Because it accuses of your sin. No one likes to here they are not perfect.

Cheers

I know I'm not perfect. And I know I have done wrong in the past. If all you can offer to the debate is insults then you don't belong here. This is a forum for civil and intellectual debates. Do you have anything to contribute to the debate? No? Then do us all a favor and shut up

Insults???? That's funny....Who's going around putting up verses of the NT and trying to insult every Christian on this board?
Please...don't play the ignorant card....Like you really want to believe what we believe.

I am not trying to insult anyone. I am debating Christianity. That's what this forum is for incase you haven't noticed.

Are you interested in believing in CHrist who died for your sins? Or do you believe it to be just a superman comic?
You're confusing debating with preaching. I am here to participate in a formal argument about the validity of Christian dogma. I recommend reading the forum rules to understand the purpose of this forum. You don't seem to understand

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #32

Post by Tex »

Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
HiddenHand wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:

I wasn't talking about the suffering of the son. It was about the suffering of the Father.

You see....You can't understand. How can anyone who does not believe in God even start to understand. Your foundation is weak and will crumble.

You get what I'm telling you? That's why we(Creationist) are all stupid when it comes to evolution....Right?
Now....study the bible with people that KNOW the bible then you may able to play.

You know, I try not to get irritated, but this kind of belief-centered, patronizing, self-righteous babble really pisses me off.

Your answers are in no way akin to a debate and are based on some sort of notion that you somehow "get it" and others are missing the point because they don't share your own supremely enlightened point of view. Not to mention the fact that your spelling and grammar are terrible and don't help your cause. It's people WHO know the bible, by the way. Your initial post was terribly written as well.

The problem with theists like you is that you constantly shift the goal posts based on your interpretation. The catch 22 in a debate such as this is nothing can be proven or disproven because you make up the rules as you go.

A belief is not a fact. It's an emotional circumstance in your mind. Most of us have read the NT and if you can't come to terms with the fact that people don't "get it" like you do, you don't have a place on this forum

Cheers #-o

Typical atheist response...."They read the NT" So what? You can't even phantom a being higher than yourself. You are your own gods. That is itself, is a closed mind attitude to the known universe. This is why atheist never discover anything. You can only see death.

You hate the idea of God....Because it accuses of your sin. No one likes to here they are not perfect.

Cheers

I know I'm not perfect. And I know I have done wrong in the past. If all you can offer to the debate is insults then you don't belong here. This is a forum for civil and intellectual debates. Do you have anything to contribute to the debate? No? Then do us all a favor and shut up

Insults???? That's funny....Who's going around putting up verses of the NT and trying to insult every Christian on this board?
Please...don't play the ignorant card....Like you really want to believe what we believe.

I am not trying to insult anyone. I am debating Christianity. That's what this forum is for incase you haven't noticed.

Are you interested in believing in CHrist who died for your sins? Or do you believe it to be just a superman comic?
You're confusing debating with preaching. I am here to participate in a formal argument about the validity of Christian dogma. I recommend reading the forum rules to understand the purpose of this forum. You don't seem to understand
Why? I want to know......Do you believe that the bible is true?

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by Justin108 »

Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
HiddenHand wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:

Cheers #-o

Cheers

Nope

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by Tex »

Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
HiddenHand wrote:
Tex wrote:

Cheers #-o

Cheers

Nope

Very good then.....So you are here to show as Christian what a silly book we believe in.
You will put up verses of God's sacrifice and tell us how stupid God was for doing this.
Because if you were god, you would just snap your fingers and all would be good.
Because for some reason you know how god should work and not some stupid fairy tale book.

So you are going to show us backward believing Christian how it is done.
And since you know a better way....Then there can't be a GOD.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by Justin108 »

Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
HiddenHand wrote:

Cheers #-o

Cheers

Nope

Very good then.....So you are here to show as Christian what a silly book we believe in.
You will put up verses of God's sacrifice and tell us how stupid God was for doing this.
Because if you were god, you would just snap your fingers and all would be good.
Because for some reason you know how god should work and not some stupid fairy tale book.

If you don't like atheists debating christians then WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE???

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by Tex »

Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:

Cheers

Nope

If you don't like atheists debating Christians then WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE???

I have no problem with Atheist. It seems you are the guys running to the mod's because of me. Because I call you out!!!!
I know why you are here. So I debate knowing your truth and you don't like that.
So you set up rules....Can't do this....can't do that....can't go there...You are no different here than in the Christian site that would throw you out in a flash.

You no what you believe and so do I.
So where is the debate going to lead???
Last edited by Tex on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #37

Post by Justin108 »

Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:

Nope

If you don't like atheists debating Christians then WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE???

I have no problem with Atheist. It seem you are the gays running to the mod's because of me. Because I call you out!!!!
I know why you are here. So I debate knowing your truth and you don't like that.
So you set up rules....Can't do this....can't do that....can't go there...You are no different here than in the Christian site that would throw you out in a flash.
I didn't make the rules. The forum did. If you do not like them then no one is forcing you to be here.

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by Tex »

Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
HiddenHand wrote:

Cheers #-o

Cheers

Nope

Your right....This site is about people who don't believe in God showing us Christians how silly are beliefs are.
I never learn.
Should just find a corner....So why don't I? Maybe it's just my PASSION.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by Justin108 »

Tex wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:

Cheers

Nope

Your right....This site is about people who don't believe in God showing us Christians how silly are beliefs are.
I never learn.
I respond to reason. Not passion.

This is a debate forum. Here you will find Christians who say Atheists are wrong and you will find Atheists who say Christians are wrong. The purpose of debate is to demonstrate why the opposition is wrong. That is what this forum is all about. If you want to preach, then find someone who cares. If you are unwilling to debate, then I will have to ignore you. You are wasting my time

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by Tex »

Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Tex wrote:
Justin108 wrote:

Nope

I never learn.
I respond to reason. Not passion.

This is a debate forum. Here you will find Christians who say Atheists are wrong and you will find Atheists who say Christians are wrong. The purpose of debate is to demonstrate why the opposition is wrong. That is what this forum is all about. If you want to preach, then find someone who cares. If you are unwilling to debate, then I will have to ignore you. You are wasting my time

You mean "true" Since that's how the NT writer said it went down. You're not debating the fact that it is in the NT. You're trying to show the NT is just a made up lie.
Because if you were god...that's not how you would do it.