Christian marriage is man and woman/husband and wife.

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Christian marriage is man and woman/husband and wife.

Post #1

Post by 99percentatheism »

There is no secular or theological challenge to be made that a "Christian marriage" isn't immutably a man and woman/husband and wife. Therefore, it should be a criminal act under current hate crimes laws, to accuse a Christian of hate, bigotry, or irrational . . ., if they assert the immutability of the structure of marriage as man and woman/husband and wife.

As Jesus proclaimed it in the Gospels and the writings reaffirm and define it so.

Why would anyone, religious or secularist, NOT support and affirm Christians adhering to the consistent and immutable Biblical teaching that a marriage is a man/husband and woman/wife?

otseng
Savant

Post #661

Post by otseng »

10CC wrote: I'm sorry sweety
99percentatheism wrote: Look snookums

Now, 10CC, Pookie face, Cupie Doll,
10CC wrote: You lose poor little ignorant. Go off and preach to the permanently bewildered, you are after all the god of permanent bewilderment.
:warning: Moderator Warning

I'm issuing a warning to the both of you. If someone violates the rules, do NOT respond in kind. As evidenced here, it only will escalate the situation.

Also, further violations in this thread can result in it getting shut down.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #662

Post by Clownboat »

99percentatheism wrote:
Clownboat wrote:
99percentatheism wrote: Clownboat
99percentatheism wrote:
Clownboat wrote:
‘Identical’ is a misnomer. They really are different. How different? well that depends. Biologically, the way identical twins come about is that a early embryo splits in two. Both halves then develop into babies. They are genetically identical, but that does not mean that their bodies are identical. As embryos (and babies, children and adults) grow and develop, there are tone of environmental factors that effect the development. These factors cause ‘drift’ (for lack of a better word), so the two ‘identical’ twins slowly become less and less identical.
http://askdoctorscience.wordpress.com/h ... cal-twins/
Yet, being genetically identical causes the likelihood of sharing the same sexual preference to be 5 times greater when compared to twins that are not genetically identical. Do you see where genetics seems to have an impact on sexual preference?
I see environment as well. But where is it taught that someones thinking makes equal an action? Serial killers have to be genetically motivated too then. Who would "choose" to slaughter people?
You forgot to answer the question.
"Yet, being genetically identical causes the likelihood of sharing the same sexual preference to be 5 times greater when compared to twins that are not genetically identical. Do you see where genetics seems to have an impact on sexual preference?"

To answer your strawman/dodge: Psychopaths.
Genetically identical, does not mean they will make the same choices. Your argument is moot unless you can show otherwise.

Whoa, whoa wait a minute. It's you claiming that. Five times greater as you put it.
Yes, when genetics are involved, sexual preference is 5 times as likely to be shared between twins.

This does not mean both twins will choose the same profession. I'm really not sure why you are having such a hard time understanding this observation.

You must lead or have lead a boring sexual life.
Because I stand for equal rights? :confused2:
How is my sex life even relevant?
Homosexuality just takes opportunity and some lube.
You are forgetting one key component. Desire. You see 99, I lack said desire.
Can I assume that you struggle with this desire? I assume so sense you only mention the need for opportunity and lube. This tells me that the desire is already there.
Now, my parent's raised me to know that homosexuality was wrong, so I steered clear of the opportunities when they arose.
Blame mommy and daddy for your lack of equal rights. Nice.
This whole notion that homosexuality isn't introduced via seduction is rather naive to the point of silliness. I mean the very word "orientation" points to an orientation process. Orientation is a time of being taught something. And we do have the term "turned out" well ensconced in gay culture.

"Homosexuality is a choice, just look at the word orientation."
That's your evidence?!?! Now THAT is silly.
Try to seduce me all you want, I just don't have the desire to be with men. I am evidence that homosexuality is not a choice or that it is introduced via seduction.
I lived a secular life through the most libidinous time in my life. I have no problem with anyone that posts here throwing out the self-laothing gay guy tactic. I've been through this ubiquitous comeback from so many adversaries that I couldn't possibly count it up. It would though, continue to prove my positions utterly solid if i were into homosexuality and rejected it for a proper Christian life. I am not on the merry-go-round of the spirit of this age, and I have enough debased actions on my record anyway. One or two more regrets isn't going to change much. And nothing I've done in the degenerate category changes Christian truth at all.

Be that as it may, Christian marriage is still man and woman/husband and wife. None of the Kings Horses and none of the kings men can change that. Nor can all the secularized voices on the United States Supreme Court.

Now, if you'd like to address the OP, give it a try to prove it wrong.

I am very comfortable with truth now.
This keeps getting missed:

You forgot to answer the question again. Third time is the charm possibly?
"Yet, being genetically identical causes the likelihood of sharing the same sexual preference to be 5 times greater when compared to twins that are not genetically identical. Do you see where genetics seems to have an impact on sexual preference?"

Serial rapists then, have the same congenital excuse for their immoral behavior. Promiscuos people the same thing no matter the STD's they spread knowingly to others. Aren't you showing that not homosexuality as a mental disorder shouldn't have been taken out of the DSM? Any more than Downs Syndrome should no longer be considered a congenital disorder?
The only reason in your last post that once again suggested to me that you struggle with homosexuality is when you said:
"Homosexuality just takes opportunity and some lube."

It also takes desire.
OK. Sin comes from desire in Christian theology. There is also desire in getting someone drunk and seducing them. I have spoken with many young people that say they were seduced by someone of the same gender into having sex with them.
You left that out, which lead to the conclusion that you have the desire (and likely assume everyone also has the same desire). This was not an attack, it was an analysis of your words.
Yawn.
Back to the OP. If Christian marriage is a man and a woman, then I would think Christians would be against gay marriage. Many Christians are not against gay marriage, so a Christian marriage only being between a man and a women only holds true for some Christians.
Some Christians do not believe what the Bible says on a whole host of things. I "test all things" Christian with the New Testament. Marriage is immutably mand and woman in it. I just don't follow Denoms or people that call themslves Christians and support what is unsupportable in scripture. I also reject the spirit of this age.

Read Jude's letter and get back to me. But if you need, I'll repost some of it for probably the hundredth time.
Can you prove that those other Christians are not really true Christians, or will you admit that some Christians see gay marriage as ok and some don't?
Here at this website, I am not allowed to assert nor charge that people are not Christians when they say they are. If that rule wasn't in place, I would most assuredly address this. And I certainly need to obey the rules here right?

Send me a PM if you'd like. But I think Jude, Peter and Jesus speak well on the subject. And I agree with them.
If there is a reason that you should be allowed to speak on behalf of all Christians, please inform us of the reason.
The New Testament. And I am not speaking for all Christians, but rather about Christian theology. I am also, just agreeing with the ones that wrote the New Testament. I am not a Christian that jettisons the reality I do not like, because of some pop culture fad going on in the world.
I hereby decree that Christian marriage is between a man a woman/husband and wife in 99%'s view.

Obviously, not all Christians share 99%'s view, so Christian marriage therefore by definition cannot be only between a man and a woman.

Is it for some, like 99%, but why should any of the rest of us care?
Jesus taught that marriage was man and woman/husband and wife. That not all people agree with that is not surprising. No one has ever produced a single piece of scripture, or ideology, that presents a Christian marriage as ever being same gender.

That some people call themselves Christian and don't believe what Jesus said is their choice.
Please show us where gay marriage was brought up to Jesus in the Bible for him to make a reference to.

I see acceptance from Jesus.
Matthew 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Christians who go against the part in bold are going against their Jesus.
What do they care though, they can point to another scripture and try to argue about how it is a sin. In other words, justifying their judgement of another human.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

help3434
Guru

Post #663

Post by help3434 »

99percentatheism wrote:
KCKID
As long as 99percent so adamantly believes the comment made by Jesus about marriage he should be out harassing those who divorce because THAT is what Jesus was referencing.
Did Jesus harrass adulterers and the remarried? Or did He preach repentance from sins? You can keep barking up your theological tree all you want, but demanding that two wrongs are still wrongs is the only fruit you can shake loose.
If someone is still married and living with their second spouse, have they repented?
Aren't they still living in sin just as much as someone in a same sex relationship?

Clownboat
Savant

Post #664

Post by Clownboat »

help3434 wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:
KCKID
As long as 99percent so adamantly believes the comment made by Jesus about marriage he should be out harassing those who divorce because THAT is what Jesus was referencing.
Did Jesus harrass adulterers and the remarried? Or did He preach repentance from sins? You can keep barking up your theological tree all you want, but demanding that two wrongs are still wrongs is the only fruit you can shake loose.
If someone is still married and living with their second spouse, have they repented?
Aren't they still living in sin just as much as someone in a same sex relationship?
This is the part that he seems to hand waive away and ignore.

Mark 10:19 New International Version
Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.

It comes across a lot like:
Don't pay attention to my sinning! Look over there! A sinning homosexual! Not only that, they are a threat to the church! Get um! Wait, let me get my 2nd wife first, she loves to judge those gays.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Sonofason
Banned
Banned

Re: Christian marriage is man and woman/husband and wife.

Post #665

Post by Sonofason »

A Troubled Man wrote:
Sonofason wrote:
A Troubled Man wrote:
Sonofason wrote: You must understand that a Christian is a follower of Christ. You cannot say that you are following Christ if what you do is contradict and oppose the teachings of Christ.

All other courses of action are depraved courses of action, at least according to Christ.
So, you follow every teaching of Christ? Seriously? :lol:
I believe every teaching of Christ. I believe Christ was telling the truth in every thing He said. I believe all my attempts to be like Him have been vain attempts, and that I am most depraved. Do I follow Christ? Honestly, and hopelessly, I'm trying to follow Him. If He weren't at times carrying me along with Him, by now, I'd have been left far behind.
"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" Mark 7:10

“He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.� Matthew 15:4-7

“...the scripture cannot be broken.� --Jesus Christ, John 10:35

So, have you killed anyone for cursing, yet? :)
My own children are well disciplined. They treat their parents with the utmost of respect. If they didn't, they would be well sorely reprimanded. If a child of mine should lift a hand against me, that would be the last time they do it. Surely there are children in some families that are so disrespectful to their parents, they deserve to die. If such a parent should beat that child to death, if I thought it was deserved, I'd have no problem looking the other way. The Bible is true. It's all true. I am not the law. I am not Moses. People are not bringing their derelict children to me. I am not the judge. I am no one's judge. But if you should want to give me the authority to be your children's judge, I'd be more than happy to follow through with the laws as set forth by God.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #666

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 664:
Sonofason wrote: My own children are well disciplined. They treat their parents with the utmost of respect. If they didn't, they would be well sorely reprimanded.
Respect based on fear ain't respect, it's just plain ol' fear.
Sonofason wrote: If a child of mine should lift a hand against me, that would be the last time they do it. Surely there are children in some families that are so disrespectful to their parents, they deserve to die.
"Deserve to die."

Wow.
Sonofason wrote: If such a parent should beat that child to death, if I thought it was deserved, I'd have no problem looking the other way.
I'm quite aware the Christian is willing to look the other way as a child is beaten to death.
Sonofason wrote: The Bible is true. It's all true. I am not the law. I am not Moses. People are not bringing their derelict children to me. I am not the judge. I am no one's judge.
I dare say you judge that child, and his murderer when you turn your head to look away.

As you declare your Bible based acceptance of murdering a child to be "truth".
Sonofason wrote: But if you should want to give me the authority to be your children's judge, I'd be more than happy to follow through with the laws as set forth by God.
Evidence above readily indicates you have no qualms with murdering a child, or turning your head while another'n does them some of it.

As you sit there incapable of showing a god has presented any "law".

I dare say, that's the kinda thinking that gets a little girl shot on her way to school.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #667

Post by Danmark »

Sonofason wrote: If a child of mine should lift a hand against me, that would be the last time they do it. Surely there are children in some families that are so disrespectful to their parents, they deserve to die. If such a parent should beat that child to death, if I thought it was deserved, I'd have no problem looking the other way.
And you base this attitude on the teachings of Jesus? A disrespectful child deserves to be beaten to death? How could a disrespectful child deserve to be beaten to death?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #668

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post... don't get ahead of me here, Post 666":
Danmark wrote:
Sonofason wrote: If a child of mine should lift a hand against me, that would be the last time they do it. Surely there are children in some families that are so disrespectful to their parents, they deserve to die. If such a parent should beat that child to death, if I thought it was deserved, I'd have no problem looking the other way.
And you base this attitude on the teachings of Jesus? A disrespectful child deserves to be beaten to death? How could a disrespectful child deserve to be beaten to death?
'Cause it pleases God.

Really Sir, I love ya all the same, but you must try to keep up :wave:
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #669

Post by Danmark »

JoeyKnothead wrote: From Post... don't get ahead of me here, Post 666":
Danmark wrote:
'Cause it pleases God.

Really Sir, I love ya all the same, but you must try to keep up :wave:
Sorry. We seals can only keep up when we're in the water. Anyway, thanks for your explanation. I guess before now I never understood what Jesus meant when he said, 'Suffer the little children....'

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #670

Post by A Troubled Man »

Sonofason wrote:
My own children are well disciplined. They treat their parents with the utmost of respect. If they didn't, they would be well sorely reprimanded.
But, you wouldn't kill them like the Bible commands you to do, right?
If a child of mine should lift a hand against me, that would be the last time they do it.
What would you do exactly. Would you kill your child, break their arms, punch them into a senseless stupor, what exactly? Please explain, because God is commanding you to kill them.
Surely there are children in some families that are so disrespectful to their parents, they deserve to die.
If disrespect deserved death, then a great deal of people deserve to die. Of course, it is insane to believe people deserve to die for being disrespectful.
If such a parent should beat that child to death, if I thought it was deserved, I'd have no problem looking the other way.
I don't believe you would, I think that is bald faced lie.
The Bible is true. It's all true.
No, only parts that suit your personal agenda are true.
I am not the law. I am not Moses. People are not bringing their derelict children to me. I am not the judge. I am no one's judge. But if you should want to give me the authority to be your children's judge, I'd be more than happy to follow through with the laws as set forth by God.
You would kill children in the name of God? :lol:

Spin me another tall tale, dude.