ONE TRUE CHURCH

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

cdasero
Student

ONE TRUE CHURCH

Post #1

Post by cdasero »

There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH and the Head is Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: ONE TRUE CHURCH

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

cdasero wrote: Do you believe that there is only ONE TRUE CHURCH
No I don't. In fact, I believe that religions that are egotistically arrogant about their ownership of a supposedly jealous demigod who lusts to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords are clearly false religions. That entire attitude seems highly immature to me and I see no reason to believe that humanity was created by such an immature egoistical godhead. It's simply not compatible with a supposedly divine being who is supposed to be so omnipotent that he shouldn't need be obsessed with egotistical self-glory.

Any god that lusts to be glorified and commands that people must love him lest he'll hurt them for eternity is seriously pathetic.

So no, I most certainly don't believe in an immature egoistical "Lord Jesus Christ".
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Zzyzx »

cdasero wrote: There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH and the Head is Our Lord Jesus Christ.

:warning: Moderator Warning

This is a DEBATE sub-forum, not a preaching venue.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

cdasero
Student

Post #4

Post by cdasero »

[Replying to post 3 by Zzyzx]

Preaching??? I think it was a subject to debate on... and I am not a precher.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

cdasero wrote: [Replying to post 3 by Zzyzx]

In that case which Church of Christianity do you think is the ONE TRUE CHURCH?

Catholicism?

Or one of the myriad of protesting Protestant churches?

The KKK?

Or some other variation of these myths?

And why do you believe that the particular denomination of your personal choice is the "One True Church"?
[center]Image
[/center]

cdasero
Student

Post #6

Post by cdasero »

[Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]

Jesus is not God. He is a mediator as far as I know.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #7

Post by Divine Insight »

cdasero wrote: [Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]

Jesus is not God. He is a mediator as far as I know.
And which "One True Church" holds that to be true?

It's my understanding that the Gospels rumors make the following claim:

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

I know for a fact that there exist "Christian Churches" that believe that God gave the earth and all of humanity over to his Son Jesus. And John 5:22 seems to confirm this.

Obviously the original God got tired of his human pets and gave them to his boy.

Jesus is now the judge of humanity. And therefore, for all intents and purposes Jesus is "God" as far as humanity is concerned.

I'm sure there are churches out there that hold this to be the case. They view Jesus as being the King of Kinds and Lord of Lords. There is no other that is above Jesus. And that would include any "Father God".

If you understand how these jealous-god myths work it should be obvious why they are trying to own the patent rights on the ultimate judge of humanity.

"The Father judgeth no man but hath committed all judgment unto the Son".

The Father God gave away his human pets. He's no longer the God of humanity. His boy Jesus now owns humanity.

So is that the "One True Church"?

Or do you belong to some other church that protests against John 5:22?
[center]Image
[/center]

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Danmark »

cdasero wrote: [Replying to post 3 by Zzyzx]

:warning: Moderator Warning

We have a strict rule on not responding to Moderator corrections directly. It derails the discussion. Instead, you are free to send a private message to any moderator and state your case privately. You can appeal to a different Moderator as well.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Freddy_Scissorhands
Student

Post #9

Post by Freddy_Scissorhands »

Actually, if there was a real god, you would expect there to be only one church.
Or at least only one true church. One, that literally overshadows all the other churches, because it's so much better and has so much more truth to give.
The fact that there are so many churches, and the increase in number by splitting up all the time, until you have a mess of biblical propotions (pun intended) in front of you, is a very strong indicator, that none of them really has a monopoly on truth.

Which either means that there is no god, or that he doesn't care for any of the churches who claim to speak for him.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Danmark »

Freddy_Scissorhands wrote: Actually, if there was a real god, you would expect there to be only one church.
Or at least only one true church. One, that literally overshadows all the other churches, because it's so much better and has so much more truth to give.
The fact that there are so many churches, and the increase in number by splitting up all the time, until you have a mess of biblical propotions (pun intended) in front of you, is a very strong indicator, that none of them really has a monopoly on truth.

Which either means that there is no god, or that he doesn't care for any of the churches who claim to speak for him.
Tho' I agree there is some logic to this argument, and I have made similar claims myself, I think it is one of the weaker attacks on the existence of God.

Christians quite rightly argue that one definition, or at least one aspect of Christianity, is that it is a relationship with Jesus or God. Relationships are necessarily unique. We may each have a relationship with the same person, but each of those relationships is different. We should credit Christians with being individuals who can think for themselves. Why should every Christian have to fit perfectly into the same mold? If I recall correctly, some of our Jewish brethren here have made the point in Judaism each believer is accorded the right to his own belief and interpretation. Christians speak of the concept that each person must 'work out his own salvation.'

In short, I think the diversity of Christian churches and denominations may be a healthy thing. It is true that it is also evidence of ambiguity in their scriptures. My view is that 'God' does not exist and therefore speaks to no one. Rather, the unconscious mind is so very deep, complex and complicated that it is mistaken for God. This 'God' has a different message for everyone.