https://www.good.is/articles/hawking-vs-trump

KenRU
Guru

Re: Hawking on Trump

Post #31

Post by KenRU »

benchwarmer wrote:
KenRU wrote: Winepusher and DI:

I think you both are right - and that is terrifying.

When the two primary candidates are scraped from the bottom of the barrel, IMO, it is time to vote third party.

At least my conscience will be clean if the country goes belly up.

And yes, monta, it can get worse.

-all the best
As a Canadian I feel your pain. We usually get stuck with choosing the least repugnant option as well. I've voted third party before, but the problem is that the majority never will. So do you vote for who you really want in or do you vote so the worst of the primary candidates won't get in?

It sucks. Like the US, politics seems completely driven by money, not by who would actually make a good leader. How else do you explain members of the same family being involved in high levels of government? It happens both in Canada and the US. It's almost like we live in monarchies, but we get to vote between a couple useless options.

I honestly fear what will happen if Trump gets in. Not because he will actually implement any of his crackpot ideas, but due to the chaos that will ensue when a largely armed populace wakes up and finds they've somehow managed to elect a baboon for president. Maybe it's us Canadians that should be building a wall in anticipation :)
Lol.

The only saving grace if Trump wins is that maybe, just maybe, he will throw a massive curveball into the established system. Not that I want him to win. I don't. Its just the faintest glimmer of a silver lining that I can see anywhere.

-all the best
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #32

Post by Divine Insight »

KenRU wrote: The only saving grace if Trump wins is that maybe, just maybe, he will throw a massive curveball into the established system. Not that I want him to win. I don't. Its just the faintest glimmer of a silver lining that I can see anywhere.

-all the best
The only problem with this is that Trump isn't an independent. He's actually a con-artist who basically stole the Republican establishment right out from under the Republican Party. How can he be running as part of the "Republican Establishment" and pretend to not be part of the establishment?

He also chose an extreme right-wing Republican vice president candidate. Pence actually represents the extreme right-wing Republican Establishment.

The idea Trump is going to over-throw any establishment is nonsense. At best he high-jacked the Republican Establishment for his own agenda. That might work well for him since he wants to abolish the EPA and give big business the right to pollute to their heart's content. This does seem to be somewhat in line with the Republican Establishment since they reject Climate Change and are also in favor of Big Business ruling the world instead of a democracy.

Also, keep in mind that if Trump were to become president and his life should suddenly end for whatever reason, then Pence would instantly become President and this would represent Republican Establishment Extremism.

This could even occur due to someone recognizing this and having Trump "removed" precisely for the purpose of pushing Pence to the Top.

On the bright side of things it currently appears that Trump doesn't have a prayer in hell of winning this election. Most of the talk in the news isn't about whether or not Trump will lose, but rather whether or not his defeat will be so great that he will take the entire Republican Party down the tubes with him.

I confess that I'm personally hoping for the latter. :D

I would love to see Hillary as president complete with a democratic controlled House and Senate. Then we can finally see a Democratic democracy unleashed to do what the Democrats would truly like to do. No more Republican Gridlock in Washington stalling everything the Democrats want to do. ;)

I'm looking forward to a landslide win for Hillary. 8-)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

KenRU
Guru

Post #33

Post by KenRU »

Divine Insight wrote:
KenRU wrote: The only saving grace if Trump wins is that maybe, just maybe, he will throw a massive curveball into the established system. Not that I want him to win. I don't. Its just the faintest glimmer of a silver lining that I can see anywhere.

-all the best
The only problem with this is that Trump isn't an independent. He's actually a con-artist who basically stole the Republican establishment right out from under the Republican Party.
A con artist who rec'd more votes in the primary than any other Republican candidate ever has.
How can he be running as part of the "Republican Establishment" and pretend to not be part of the establishment?
And get tons of votes in the process? Easy. The ppl (right/center Democrats and frustrated Republicans) see him as outside the Republican Machine.
He also chose an extreme right-wing Republican vice president candidate. Pence actually represents the extreme right-wing Republican Establishment.
Which, imo, has cost him some of his center and independent votes.
The idea Trump is going to over-throw any establishment is nonsense.
Overthrow? No, I don't see it that way. What I'm hoping is that the Republican party might just realize that they need more center oriented candidates to win an election.

Like I said, it was a small hope. Let's not dash my hopes against the rocks like a baby in the OT, ok? : )
At best he high-jacked the Republican Establishment for his own agenda. That might work well for him since he wants to abolish the EPA and give big business the right to pollute to their heart's content. This does seem to be somewhat in line with the Republican Establishment since they reject Climate Change and are also in favor of Big Business ruling the world instead of a democracy.
His ideals are somewhat in line with typical Republican bullet points.
Also, keep in mind that if Trump were to become president and his life should suddenly end for whatever reason, then Pence would instantly become President and this would represent Republican Establishment Extremism.
Good grief, that would be horrible. Good thing, as you say, he won't win, a point with which I agree.
This could even occur due to someone recognizing this and having Trump "removed" precisely for the purpose of pushing Pence to the Top.

On the bright side of things it currently appears that Trump doesn't have a prayer in hell of winning this election. Most of the talk in the news isn't about whether or not Trump will lose, but rather whether or not his defeat will be so great that he will take the entire Republican Party down the tubes with him.
I'd settle for a more moderate Republican and Democratic party.
I confess that I'm personally hoping for the latter. :D

I would love to see Hillary as president complete with a democratic controlled House and Senate. Then we can finally see a Democratic democracy unleashed to do what the Democrats would truly like to do. No more Republican Gridlock in Washington stalling everything the Democrats want to do. ;)

I'm looking forward to a landslide win for Hillary. 8-)
I don't share your optimism for Hillary.

But I'd be happy to be wrong about either candidate.

-all the best
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Monta
Guru

Post #34

Post by Monta »

[Replying to KenRU]

What i am getting from allover the itnernet is that Hillary@co are for war.
Do Americans want war? Do they know what's going on in the world?
America has been shielded form invasions and wars and that is a big jump from what Russians say that every family has lost someone in the war.

Perhaps 'war' reality hasn't hit them and they have this false sense of security
that it's gov. can protect them no matter what.
This is huge illusion and I hope they wake up from it soon.

Hillary will carry on the way things are now - money will make money and the poor will get poorer. Of course many want this to continue but the majority
have nothing to lose by voting for Trump.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #35

Post by Divine Insight »

Monta wrote: have nothing to lose by voting for Trump.
How can you say that when you have no clue what Trump might actually do?

You say:
Monta wrote: What i am getting from allover the itnernet is that Hillary@co are for war.
Do Americans want war? Do they know what's going on in the world?
What about Trump? Trump has promised to "Crush ISIS" and do it QUICK.

How do you think he plans on doing that? Your guess is as good as mine because Trump himself has not even laid out any plan for doing this.

However, I just watched a news report that says that people in the military are more likely to vote for Trump becasue he promises to strengthen the military. Like as if the American military is somehow "weak" which it isn't.

But what would be his purpose in expanding the military if he isn't planning on using it? Isn't this the same guy who was asking our military advisors, "If we have nuclear weapons why can't we use them?"

I don't see where Trump is proposing any non-war solutions to anything.

His solution to Islamic terrorist is to ban all Muslims from the country.
His solution to Immigration is to kick all the immigrants out of the country.
His solution to keeping them out is to build a WALL.
His solution for Black Lives Matter is to abolish free speech and just tell them to shut up whilst denying that there is any problems in our police departments.
His solution to ISIS is to CRUSH them with the military like as if that would be easy.

Every solution he propose is a BRUTE FORCE solution.

I don't see where he has any meaningful solutions to anything.

Even his solution for the economy and jobs is to abolish the EPA and remove all restrictions from industry so they can make a buck whilst polluting the hell out of the environment. Again a BRUTE FORCE solution to the economy.

I don't see where he has an intelligent neuron in his entire brain.

You say:
Monta wrote: have nothing to lose by voting for Trump.
You have EVERYTHING to lose by voting for Trump.
[center]Image
[/center]

Monta
Guru

Post #36

Post by Monta »

[Replying to Divine Insight]

Just wondering...
We here in Oz have term 'swinging voter' and most of us evaluate a party or the newcommers, independants, and pick the ones who we think will do most good for the country.
Many will say, my father was xxx and i vote xxx.

Are American votes something like this or are they faithful to a party to the end.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #37

Post by Divine Insight »

Monta wrote: Are American votes something like this or are they faithful to a party to the end.
Americans are quite diverse in how they approach politics.

Some are faithful to a party (often to the party of their parents just like with religion).

Others claim no party affiliation and just vote for the "best" candidate, or the "lesser" of the two candidates that end up running. Some Americans exercise the right to not vote at all. :D

I would also add that in this particular election cycle Donald Trump does NOT represent the Republican Party anyway. What he represents is Alt-Right extremism.

His chose of Stephen Bannon as his campaign manager says it all.

[youtube][/youtube]

The mainstream Republican Party would do themselves a huge favor by disowning Trump entirely. Trump has basically played them all to be fools. And they are hanging on because they just don't know what else to do.

I just hope that there aren't enough radical American extremists to vote this guy in. If Trump become the president of the USA that will be the day that America has died for certain. There will be extreme domestic violence in the streets. ISIS will be the least of our worries should Trump become president of the USA.

Do I like Hillary? No not at all. But if we're talking about the lesser of two evils Hillary wins hands down. And She does represent actual Democrats.

Trump does NOT represent actual Republicans. Trump stole the Republican party right out from underneath the Republicans.
[center]Image
[/center]

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #38

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Divine Insight wrote:
Monta wrote: Are American votes something like this or are they faithful to a party to the end.
Americans are quite diverse in how they approach politics.

Some are faithful to a party (often to the party of their parents just like with religion).

Others claim no party affiliation and just vote for the "best" candidate, or the "lesser" of the two candidates that end up running. Some Americans exercise the right to not vote at all. :D

I would also add that in this particular election cycle Donald Trump does NOT represent the Republican Party anyway. What he represents is Alt-Right extremism.

His chose of Stephen Bannon as his campaign manager says it all.

[youtube][/youtube]

The mainstream Republican Party would do themselves a huge favor by disowning Trump entirely. Trump has basically played them all to be fools. And they are hanging on because they just don't know what else to do.

I just hope that there aren't enough radical American extremists to vote this guy in. If Trump become the president of the USA that will be the day that America has died for certain. There will be extreme domestic violence in the streets. ISIS will be the least of our worries should Trump become president of the USA.

Do I like Hillary? No not at all. But if we're talking about the lesser of two evils Hillary wins hands down. And She does represent actual Democrats.

Trump does NOT represent actual Republicans. Trump stole the Republican party right out from underneath the Republicans.
This is not Dwight Eisenhower's GOP, that is true. This is the GOP that right wing radio and Fox News have been constructing for years. And now they are amazed at just how ugly this monstrosity that they created in their own image has turned out to be. Many older voters are under the delusion that this reconstituted GOP is the way, the truth and the light; a thing of righteous beauty. Because many of them still hang on to the old hateful notions that they were raised with. But they will die off soon enough. The young crowd on the way up see the ugly hate filled face of what the GOP has become, and are appalled. And they are the ones who will be controlling the direction the country takes in the years to come.

"This country is going so far to the right you won't recognize it." - The late John N Mitchel, former Attorney General under President Nixon, and convicted Watergate felon. Gone, but not forgotten.
http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/author ... zlCeILV.99

Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #39

Post by 2Dbunk »

Add to the above two posts todays news revelation that Hillary might not be in the best health. Will this be a factor in the election?

Both Hillary and Donald are controversial candidates to say the least. One might consider voting anyway because of their VP pick: Kaine or Pence. If Hillary can't perform, that is no reason to discard the rest of the Democratic ticket. In that case, Kaine is still the better of the Republican candidates running. Pence is a danger to the wall separating church and state. Trump hasn't a clue to what separation of church and state means.

How do I know? I've inquired of their Website how they stand concerning separation of church and state (three weeks ago) and I have yet to receive an answer!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #40

Post by Divine Insight »

Hey everyone! Consider this!

Everyone is pretty disgusted with both candidates right?

Well, Hillary might be in bad health! The Trump champagne will try to use this to their advantage, but don't be FOOLED! This is actually GREAT NEWS!

VOTE FOR HILLARY!

This will keep Trump from getting in, (which nobody truly wants).

You might think, "But then we'll have Hillary for President". But no we won't. Remember the argument is that she's in poor health and about ready kick the bucket.

So vote her in, and by next Spring she'll be Gone and we'll have Tim Kaine as president? ;)

Now I realize that some republicans are saying, "Hey wait a minute! I'd rather have Mike Pence as president".

But WHOA! Mike Pence isn't about to become president. Remember Trump's doctor proclaimed Trump to have extraordinary health and stamina! So Trump isn't going anywhere soon. If you vote him in you'll be stuck with him for the next four years! And Pence will be reduced to rubble being nothing more than Trump's puppet.

So if you don't want Trump or Hillary, just vote for Hillary. She'll be a hospital bed soon and Tim Kaine will take over. This way we avoid BOTH Trump and Hillary. :D
[center]Image
[/center]