Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

man
Banned
Banned

What did Jesus die for?

Post #1

Post by man »

I'm not talking about Jesus ding for your sins or any silly philosophical nonsense like that, I am talking about the reality of the day to day circumstances surrounding his execution at the time.

Why did the religious people at the time ask the government to execute Jesus?

The religious people asked the government to execute him because they believed he was a heretic.

Being a heretic is the sin Jesus died for in the eyes of the religious people that demanded his execution.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: What did Jesus die for?

Post #31

Post by JehovahsWitness »

man wrote: [Replying to post 29 by JehovahsWitness]

It seems evident to me you have not as yet supported your conclusions with scripture either.
Please direct (link) me to the post you are refering to, I will be happy to do so if I have in any way been lacking in that regard.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #32

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 28 by man]

It seems evident to me you have not as yet supported your conclusions with scripture.

Have an excellent day anyway,

JW

hi JW.

I see what has been happening on this thread.

May I suggest this passage is appropriate:

1 Timothy 6:

3 If anyone teaches differently and does not agree with the healthy words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness,
4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,
5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth.

11 But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #33

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 32 by Checkpoint]

Thank you Checkpoint, the scripture is much appreciated and the message is recieved.

That said, personally would hate to see TD&D decend into a quagmire of bible bashing and flippant unchallenged remarks so common on the internet because I come here, for serious scripture based discussion.

Thanks again for the scripture, I do see where you are coming from!

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #34

Post by Zzyzx »

man wrote: . . . spend some time thinking about why god has sent me to you,
:warning: Moderator Warning

A person already on Probation should be careful to abide by Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Preaching (rather than debating) and claiming a direct conduit to / from God ("God sent me") are in violation.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

onewithhim
Savant

Post #35

Post by onewithhim »

man wrote: [Replying to post 29 by JehovahsWitness]

It seems evident to me you have not as yet supported your conclusions with scripture either.

Have an excellent day, but spend some time thinking about why god has sent me to you, bye-bye.
It seems evident that you just want to rock someone's boat. BTW, you never responded to my post #13 (or #22).

:tongue:

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #36

Post by Zzyzx »

Moderator Action

User “Man� has been suspended for 30 days for repeated infractions while on probation.

Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence