Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Was there space and time before a god created the universe

Post #1

Post by Donray »

JLB32168 wrote
“Space/Time was created at the BigBang so I’m not so sure there was a “beforeâ€� as we understand the word in this universe.�

If time did not exit then if God starting counting “1,2,3,4,5� Does he known that when he says 6 that he did say the first five numbers? If so, time must exist. If time does not exist then God would nothing about the past is that correct?

Tell me where God currently resides, Inside the universe or outside where you say time does not exist nor space.

Also if space that is where something exists then tell me where God existed. If there no space for God then there is no God.

So, please explain how space and time did not exist.

JLB32168

Re: Was there space and time before a god created the univer

Post #2

Post by JLB32168 »

Donray wrote:Tell me where God currently resides, Inside the universe or outside where you say time does not exist nor space.
I don’t know where God resides – just that He does everywhere present and fills all things while not being those things.
Donray wrote:So, please explain how space and time did not exist.
Einstein could explain it better since he showed space/time are one dimension and not separated and since there was no space prior to the singularity then there couldn’t have been time since one doesn’t exist w/o the other.

bluethread
Savant

Post #3

Post by bluethread »

It is my understanding that time is just a way of measuring motion and perception. We speak of time as if is an immutable entity, but if my understanding is correction it is not. Sure, an argument can be made that time exists even if there is no on to perceive it, because things are different from one moment to another. However, if there were no motion, there would be no time, for all would exist in stasis. So, philosophically, for an eternal theist, time has always existed. How it is perceived may be different, however.

Donray
Guru

Post #4

Post by Donray »

JLB32168 wrote:
Donray wrote:Tell me where God currently resides, Inside the universe or outside where you say time does not exist nor space.
I don’t know where God resides – just that He does everywhere present and fills all things while not being those things.
Donray wrote:So, please explain how space and time did not exist.
Einstein could explain it better since he showed space/time are one dimension and not separated and since there was no space prior to the singularity then there couldn’t have been time since one doesn’t exist w/o the other.
Why didn't answer all the questions?

I asked if your god before he created the universe could count and would he know that he started with one? If there is no time then your god would not know what he did in the past moment. Nor would there be a future.

Einstein does not believe in God so how could he explain your idea that your god did not have space and time.

So, you believe that the universe was created from a singularity that self exploded like Einstein did?

This is you that said that there was no space of time before your god created the universe.

Answer my questions:

If your god has any physical form or just pure energy how can he exist if there is anon space for him?

So respond to the two questions about god counting and god taking up space before it created the universe.

Remember, you wanted to discuss this in a separate topic. But I guess that might have been a lie just so you did not discuss it when you brought it up.

Willum
Savant

Post #5

Post by Willum »

Donray - there is no Biblical evidence, beyond hope-necessitated allegory, that God created the universe, do you mean when God allegedly created the world?

Respectfully requested,
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

Donray
Guru

Post #6

Post by Donray »

JLB32168 wrote "Space/Time was created at the BigBang so I’m not so sure there was a “before� as we understand the word in this universe." in another thread and refused to answer questions about his god and the lack time and space before the universe was created.

I figured he was a typical Christin and just parroted what his leader told him to say without any understanding of what he saying.

So, since he said he discuss in a separate thread I started one. But as I thought, he has no idea how the questions about his god. It just shows how little he knows about his god.

I don't believe there was or is a god.

But a bunch of Christians want to use this no time or space somehow to prove there is a god. But the questions I have are simple and any Christin should know the answer. Does there god know anything that happed in the past and if he exists how when there was space to contain something.

Donray
Guru

Post #7

Post by Donray »

JLB32168 why are you afraid to discuss a topic you brought up? I does not require an super intelligence, I am average and thought of why your idea is impossible and therefore you should be able to logically refute my two facts about your god existence.

fredonly
Guru

Post #8

Post by fredonly »

Donray wrote: JLB32168 wrote
“Space/Time was created at the BigBang so I’m not so sure there was a “beforeâ€� as we understand the word in this universe.�

If time did not exit then if God starting counting “1,2,3,4,5� Does he known that when he says 6 that he did say the first five numbers? If so, time must exist. If time does not exist then God would nothing about the past is that correct?

Tell me where God currently resides, Inside the universe or outside where you say time does not exist nor space.

Also if space that is where something exists then tell me where God existed. If there no space for God then there is no God.

So, please explain how space and time did not exist.
According to current scientific theory, space and time do not exist independently of one another; they are components of spacetime. If this is true, then it is impossible for spacetime to have been created if time began at the big bang. Here's why: to be created, it would have to begin to exist from a prior state in which it did not exist. But there can be no state prior to the beginning of time, because that would require a time before time.

bluethread
Savant

Post #9

Post by bluethread »

fredonly wrote:

According to current scientific theory, space and time do not exist independently of one another; they are components of spacetime. If this is true, then it is impossible for spacetime to have been created if time began at the big bang. Here's why: to be created, it would have to begin to exist from a prior state in which it did not exist. But there can be no state prior to the beginning of time, because that would require a time before time.
They don't exist independently because they are both related to motion and perception. Space is how we distinguish between two or more things and time is how we denote changes in those things. What we generally call space is not absolute space. It is just where nothing significant is perceived, and significance is a matter of prospective. Also, what we call time is not absolute time. When we perceive changes in things we compare those changes to other changes that are more consistent. By giving consistent change significance, we create the concept of time and again significance is a matter of prospective. Therefore, time and space have existed as long as there have been beings to grant significance to matter and motion. Also, for a particular being, they only exist to the extent that being grant significance to matter and motion

Escobar
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Escobar »

[Replying to post 1 by Donray]

The God and the voice we know about was created within the creation by aliens that we will never see. The God that we know about is only artificial intelligence and the voice that some of us hear was built into the system which is very similar to the artificial intelligence and voice that we're familiar with.

Since the aliens who created our God and voice along with the illusion of space, time, gravity and matter, then most likely there is space, time, gravity and matter outside the creation we're involved in. We could have been built by other computers, too, but we don't know that for sure. All I know is the one we're involved in.