All sins equal? God's changing plans.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

All sins equal? God's changing plans.

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:You might view psychopaths as the worst kind of persons or worse kind of sinners, but the Bible declares that we all fall short and we are all sinners and one is not worse than the others.

The Bible tells that God one time flooded the earth, and another time God struck down Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sins, but then God came up with a better idea based on forgiveness and reconciliation for all of humanity.
Two questions for debate:
  1. I've heard the claim that all sins are equally bad. But I'm having problems finding where in the Bible that is made explicit. It seems so counterintuitive and unfair. If we had set up a judicial system with only one punishment, that being capital punishment, we would view it as being unjust. But apologists for the biblical God have no difficulty declaring that this is just.
  2. God is usually described as quite a smart entity. Why would anyone describe him as needing a new idea? Was he wrong to flood the earth and destroying cities?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: All sins equal? God's changing plans.

Post #91

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote:What? Excuse me, but where do you get an idea like that---that man can become an angel? That's a new one!!
Speaking of those who shall inherit the Kingdom of God in the world to come, Jesus states:
Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. (Luke 20:36)
We will be the children of God.

God is a Spirit, so we will have been born of the spirit.

And that which is born of the spirit is a spirit.

We will be spiritual bodied beings equal unto the angels.

Donray
Guru

Re: Response:

Post #92

Post by Donray »

onewithhim wrote:
Donray wrote:
onewithhim wrote:There are some things that scientists readily admit they cannot answer. Things that are beyond the ability of science to resolve. This is where the possibility of the supernatural comes to the table. Evolutionists should respect the outlook of people who believe in a spirit realm, just as those people respect the evolutionists' ideas about humans evolving from worms. I admit I find that theory preposterous, but I will respect your desire to find it credible.

Please list a dozen things that science cannot answer and religion has the answer.

Bet you cannot do that.

Religion has so many unanswered questions. Like what is god made of. Where is heaven? What is the soul made of and where is it when a person does? Why does the soul not prevent Alzheimer's since it contains all memories of a person? And on and on.
Scientists concede that there are things that they cannot answer! This is not an idea the I originated. I don't know if I can list a dozen things that science cannot answer, as my brain is lacking a lot of capacity for retaining facts, but I can list a few.

1) How did the first matter come into existence?
2) How did life occur from lifeless matter?
3) How does something evolve when there are conditions that have to be present all at the same time and in exactly a certain way to facilitate the continued existence of the organism?
4) How can irreducible complexity be explained, to correlate with the unintelligent and hit-or-miss evolving of an organism?

There are many more questions but at this time I can't articulate them.
Why don't you explain how your god made matter from nothing. Science has several ideas of how the universe was created. https://phys.org/news/2008-06-universe.html
Now, lets see if you have any idea how your god created the universe. How about a paragraph on your god it and from what?

See https://www.google.com/search?q=how+lif ... 36&bih=770

Now after reading the above how about an article of how your god created life? Explain why man does not have a missing rib that woman was created from. Also, the bible does not give an explanation of how life was created. The bible mentions nothing about dinosaurs or Neanderthals. Why?

I totally don't understand your number three. There are thousands of books that explain evolution and almost all Christians believe in some sort evolution. Why don't you explain the ark and if only certain kind animals where on board and the current animals evolved from these kinds. Or tell me how your god got millions of different animals and insects on the ark and how they were feed. So, why don't you tell us what believe about evolution or say you don't belive in evolution at all.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #93

Post by Justin108 »

onewithhim wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: Well that has me done with you.
Well of course you're done with me. You ran out of arguments. What other option do you have?
No. The situation is this: A person tries to reason with a person who has illogical, fantasy-inspired ideas, but the person he is trying to reason with does not want to participate in a sensible discussion; he just wants to tear down the other guy's ideas. That kind of exchange of words gets us nowhere. It is useless and fruitless to any degree.
Just so I understand the context here, who has the illogical, fantasy-inspired ideas in this scenario?

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #94

Post by JP Cusick »

Donray wrote: Why don't you explain how your god made matter from nothing. Science has several ideas of how the universe was created. https://phys.org/news/2008-06-universe.html
Now, lets see if you have any idea how your god created the universe. How about a paragraph on your god it and from what?
The concept and the Bible only tell that God created the heavens and the earth, Genesis 1:1, and so now mankind wants to learn how God created and that is fine, and by the best of science we now know that God created the universe starting with a Big Bang, or a Big Expansion.

So your link above telling about the creation is as correct as it can be, and yet it is just explaining how God created the universe.

With evolution - science is saying that life sprung from lifelessness, and the Bible declares the same that man is made from the water and the dust of the ground.

Genesis 2:
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the Father God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Modern science has proven the belief that God created the heavens and the earth to be an accurate and true doctrine, even when the Scientist try to deny that.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #95

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:With evolution - science is saying that life sprung from lifelessness, and the Bible declares the same that man is made from the water and the dust of the ground.
Not the same at all. The writers of Genesis claim that God created humans from inorganic material. Science that while the remote origins of primitively life may have been inorganic, humans have entirely organic origins.
JP Cusick wrote:Modern science has proven the belief that God created the heavens and the earth to be an accurate and true doctrine, even when the Scientist try to deny that.
Modern science does no such thing.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Donray
Guru

Post #96

Post by Donray »

JP Cusick wrote:
Donray wrote: Why don't you explain how your god made matter from nothing. Science has several ideas of how the universe was created. https://phys.org/news/2008-06-universe.html
The concept and the Bible only tell that God created the heavens and the earth, Genesis 1:1, and so now mankind wants to learn how God created and that is fine, and by the best of science we now know that God created the universe starting with a Big Bang, or a Big Expansion.

So your link above telling about the creation is as correct as it can be, and yet it is just explaining how God created the universe.

With evolution - science is saying that life sprung from lifelessness, and the Bible declares the same that man is made from the water and the dust of the ground.

Genesis 2:
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the Father God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Modern science has proven the belief that God created the heavens and the earth to be an accurate and true doctrine, even when the Scientist try to deny that.
Since you don't understand something your god did it. The god of the gaps. A gap in your understanding is replaced by god must have done it.

How many books on evolution have your read?

You have no idea how god created the universe. At least science has ideas on how the universe was created.

You have no idea what created as life back millions of years ago. Science has a god idea on how life was created and definite facts about evolution. You have no idea except to say god must have done it since you were raised to that idea.

Again you believe in a god of the gaps. And know nothing about your god to answer simple questions like out of what did your god create the universe. From what did your god create angels? Bet you cannot logically discuss what heaven is like.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #97

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote:
onewithhim wrote:What? Excuse me, but where do you get an idea like that---that man can become an angel? That's a new one!!
Speaking of those who shall inherit the Kingdom of God in the world to come, Jesus states:
Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. (Luke 20:36)

That is not the same as BEING an angel!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #98

Post by onewithhim »

McCulloch wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:With evolution - science is saying that life sprung from lifelessness, and the Bible declares the same that man is made from the water and the dust of the ground.
Not the same at all. The writers of Genesis claim that God created humans from inorganic material. Science that while the remote origins of primitively life may have been inorganic, humans have entirely organic origins.
JP Cusick wrote:Modern science has proven the belief that God created the heavens and the earth to be an accurate and true doctrine, even when the Scientist try to deny that.
Modern science does no such thing.
You're contradicting yourself. You admitted that some scientists believe that the "remote origins of primitive life may have been inorganic," but then you say that science says that "humans have entirely organic origins." They can't have it both ways. They can't say that life sprang from inorganic matter but humans came from only organic matter. According to evolutionists, humans came from the inorganic matter that all life came from (because we descended from the most primitive organisms), so how could humans come only from organic matter?

Modern science has no true beef with the Bible and Intelligent Design. I understand that about half of scientists believe in God. It's the other half that make the most noise.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #99

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:

That is not the same as BEING an angel!
There is presently only one difference between mankind and the angels, and that is body type.

Man has a physical body and angels have spiritual bodies.

When man gains an immortal spiritual body, we will be equal unto the angels according to the Bible.

How is being "equal unto the angels" not the same as being an angel?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #100

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to post 99 by myth-one.com]

The word angel means messenger. We are all created in the image and likeness of God. Where does it say an angel is created in the image and likeness of God?