Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Alfred Persson
Student

The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Post #1

Post by Alfred Persson »

I will prove the following two propositions:

1) 666 is a biblical allusion to a man’s name in the Old Testament: Adonikam.

2) The Holy Spirit inspired this Riddle to strengthen the faith of the generation alive in the End Time that will see Adonikam rise to become the Antichrist Beast.

We solve riddles by heeding its details, and spotting any double entendre hinting at a solution. For example, Samson’s riddle (Judges 14:14) contained the solution, honey eaten from the carcass of a lion (Judges 14:8-9, 18):
So he said to them: “Out of the eater came something to eat, And out of the strong came something sweet.� Now for three days they could not explain the riddle. (Jdg. 14:14) NKJ

The word “lion� in Hebrew (ʾarî) is almost identical to an Arabic word for “honey� (ʾary).-Wolf, H. (1992). Judges. In F. E. Gaebelein (Ed.), The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel (Vol. 3, p. 468). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.
Lets Solve the 666 Meaning:
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Rev. 13:18) KJV
John said 666 is the number OF a man, not the number of a name. That’s double entendre, 666 springs from the man, 666 exists because of what the man is or does, it is not his name in code. We must pay attention to the detail with strictness, John insisted we COUNT to arrive at 666, that is one half of the equation. To solve the riddle we must deduce the missing half of the equation that equals 666 and then determine what man caused that calculation to exist, for it is “OF� him. Therefore Gematria, numerology, symbolic meaning, etc. are completely irrelevant.

Lets review other details to find what else is implied in the wording:

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. (Rev. 13:18) ESV

Christians seek wisdom in scripture, therefore John’s call for it must involve the Bible. Adonikam is the only Bible name of a man 666 and a calculation point to that everyone (3588 � ho) understanding the Bible can find. Once directly (Ezra 2:13) and once after a calculation (Neh. 7:18) subtracting Adonikam’s father who must have had the same name, so 667-1=666 still points to Adonikam. The only man directly causing 666 to exist and also the calculation resulting in 666 to exist, is the man Adonikam. As John thus says he is the Beast, 666 is the number OF the Beast also:

The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six. (Ezr. 2:13) KJV

The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven. (Neh. 7:18) KJV

Having these two verses point to the same name is like having “two witnesses� establishing the matter (Deut. 19:15).

Adonikam alone is the elegant solution, it alone assembles John’s puzzle following all his requirements and still satisfies his expectation anyone with Bible wisdom will discover the one name he had in mind when he penned this riddle.

Not so Kabbalistic Gematria. The pieces just do not fit, and regardless how it is tweaked, so many names are produced it will never satisfy John’s expectation only one name will result and the probability the reader will pick the name John had in mind is infinitesimal.

Continues on my site:
http://endtimenews.net/666-meaning/[/url]

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Post #61

Post by JP Cusick »

evilsorcerer1 wrote: Yes, there is no Hell except the ground and the lake of fire will be created after everyone chosen or destined to be born has been. Then the sun's and planets in
the solar system will be used to create the lake of fire.
The lake of fire is to cleanse and to purify people for every person to be saved.

See here 1 Corinthians 3:
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
---

Any man means every person, and every person has the spirit of God.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #62

Post by onewithhim »

evilsorcerer1 wrote: The number of the beast is the number of a man and its the same mark Cain had. All it means is a person that believes they are saved or can be saved. In other words no one could be saved or is saved. The 666 represents 2/3 of the people on the Earth that believe they can be saved but can't. 1/3 represents those that know they can't be saved. The point is the Bible says whoever takes the mark will die but it also says whoever doesn't take the mark will die. The point is everyone is going to die and it's too late to attain salvation. So basically what we have are over 7 billion crazy people who can't be saved that are destroying approximately. 1/3 of all life for nothing. We're probably just waiting for everyone to be born before the Earth is destroyed. In Genesis people always claim the serpent is the devil but it never said that. That's a symbol of blaspheming God, who is only spirit and all his creation is flesh. A lot of times things are in reverse order and if the Bible wasn't written by 'sons of god' the 1000 year reign of christ ended. I believe a lot of the NT explains that man has been trying to decode the Bible for a very long time and Jesus more than likely never existed but was a symbol of the last true children of God to exist except its probably been 8000 years since the last one was born.
Please tell us where you have gotten this amazing teaching.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #63

Post by onewithhim »

JP Cusick wrote:
evilsorcerer1 wrote: So trying to make people take a mark represents those people who aren't afraid to die when they are already condemned to eternal damnation. In other words even if, like me, you know you can't be saved, someone is trying to make me take the mark it really doesn't matter because we're all already condemned and the people who are warring and living like their not already condemned have the mark. But you can get rid of the mark by simply coming to the realization you can't be saved.
Every person gets saved - because Jesus paid the price in full, so not even one sinful sheep gets lost or left out. FYI.

The mark of the beast is sin, and it means sin in thy mind (on forehead) or sin in action (in thy hand).
Um, the operative word is "sheep." A person must be a sheep in order to attain to life. All the ones that Jesus said will be on his left hand are classified as "goats," and they go off into everlasting cutting off.

If a person is a goat---that is, EVIL---that person will not be saved. God doesn't FORCE anyone to be His friend.

You're quite perceptive about the mark. It is indeed the sin in a person's mind that holds men's governments above God's government as the solution to the earth's problems. They also are active (thus the hand is referred to) in supporting the governments of men, rather than God's Kingdom.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #64

Post by onewithhim »

JP Cusick wrote:
evilsorcerer1 wrote: Yes, there is no Hell except the ground and the lake of fire will be created after everyone chosen or destined to be born has been. Then the sun's and planets in
the solar system will be used to create the lake of fire.
The lake of fire is to cleanse and to purify people for every person to be saved.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
---

This is referring to the saved, anointed, spirit-begotten children of God, not the world population at large.

Not every person has God's Spirit, except what keeps them alive. It is only Jesus' co-rulers who have been anointed by the spirit.

evilsorcerer1
Banned
Banned

Post #65

Post by evilsorcerer1 »

Actually if you want to discuss the doctrine about why we can't be placed
in sulfuric acid it's a real good discussion. First, it would be in
people's nature to believe that God has physical characteristics or can
touch physical matter because they want to be like him. But it actually
makes sense that God is a spirit and only a spirit and all his creation is
physical matter and only that. Now I believe even the wind is physical
matter but God is a true spirit and only that. It makes sense that he is
an/the all powerful spirit all encompassing all knowing. So if you come to
the conclusion that he really is the only spirit like I have you will
probably also realize blasphemy is unforgivable. Actually I'm pretty sure
if one of his children were to touch one of us or be touched by one of us
they would be defiled and sentenced to burn forever. But part of God's
promise I think is that He can protect his children. But I think that if
that's true then the last child of god hasn't been alive for a very long
time. I also believe if that's true then the Bible is all symbolism and
actually not the word of God because a book is physical matter and it would
be blasphemy to say that. It would make sense that trusting him to guide
you is a requirement. I think the Bible was probably began about the time
the last 'child of God' died. In fact, it may have been a result of a
feeling that God was on their side because they felt their greatest enemy
was dead. And also, I have a strong feeling that the Bible was all symbolic
and written by people who thought they found God or could find God in
physical matter. Also, Jesus couldn't have been the son of God, because he
was a physical being. Also it would take light years to get anywhere
besides stars and planets. But I'm almost positive the stories (all of them
were symbolic and written by people who thought the found the symbolism or
knew it was a sham. The great thing is when our bodies die we also die and
'cease to exist' and won't be alive until we're somehow resurrected to live
in fire, our molecules somehow are part of the fire. But all creation
rejected by God will be there at exactly the same time.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #66

Post by JP Cusick »

onewithhim wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: The lake of fire is to cleanse and to purify people for every person to be saved.

---

This is referring to the saved, anointed, spirit-begotten children of God, not the world population at large.

Not every person has God's Spirit, except what keeps them alive. It is only Jesus' co-rulers who have been anointed by the spirit.

No, the verse is telling about the reality of God's "fire" and it is a reference to every person throughout humanity.

It is irritating when some people try to be selfish with God as if they are better than other people.

The spirit which keeps each person alive is the spirit of God:

See Ecclesiastes 12:
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.
SIGNATURE:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #67

Post by onewithhim »

JP Cusick wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: The lake of fire is to cleanse and to purify people for every person to be saved.

---

No, the verse is telling about the reality of God's "fire" and it is a reference to every person throughout humanity.

It is irritating when some people try to be selfish with God as if they are better than other people.

The spirit which keeps each person alive is the spirit of God:

See Ecclesiastes 12:
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.
Where do you get this idea? It is not a reference to every person throughout humanity. It is concerning the spirit-anointed brothers of Jesus, and then, by our association with them, all the rest of Jesus' followers, the "other sheep."

I know what "the spirit" is that is referred to in Ecclesiastes, and I agree with you. Another aspect of the spirit's work is "bearing witness with our spirit that we are the children of God (Romans 8:16,17)." (Our spirit meaning our dominant mental inclinations.) It doesn't do that with every person. Only Jesus' co-rulers get that witness by the spirit of God with a person's spirit, or, mind. Paul brought that out in Hebrews that those that were members of the ruling class had "become partakers of holy spirit" (Heb.6:4). This separated them from anyone else. Only those brothers and sisters of Christ would have that privilege of partaking of the holy spirit. Not every person on Earth would have that experience. Only the "heirs along with Christ, and those that have suffered together with him."

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #68

Post by JP Cusick »

onewithhim wrote: Where do you get this idea? It is not a reference to every person throughout humanity. It is concerning the spirit-anointed brothers of Jesus, and then, by our association with them, all the rest of Jesus' followers, the "other sheep."
I get my ideas from the Bible verses that I noted and quoted, because those texts and I are in agreement.

Just for the record I did already know about you from other comments and other threads that you are not open to the message that I am giving, and so I was really telling it to that other person in this thread.

I see yours as just a selfish kind of love, which excludes us sinners.

This below is from the Godly kind of loving thy enemies:

---

SIGNATURE:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #69

Post by onewithhim »

JP Cusick wrote:
onewithhim wrote: Where do you get this idea? It is not a reference to every person throughout humanity. It is concerning the spirit-anointed brothers of Jesus, and then, by our association with them, all the rest of Jesus' followers, the "other sheep."
I get my ideas from the Bible verses that I noted and quoted, because those texts and I are in agreement.

Just for the record I did already know about you from other comments and other threads that you are not open to the message that I am giving, and so I was really telling it to that other person in this thread.

I see yours as just a selfish kind of love, which excludes us sinners.

This below is from the Godly kind of loving thy enemies:

---

Oh, I see. So you just dismiss me. You have no interest in reasoning with me and commenting on the scriptures that I bring up? You find one passage out of all the others that speak of fire and construct your entire belief structure on that.

Then you call me "selfish." How can a person be selfish by believing that it is wrong (and not God's way of doing things) to force a person to be something that he does not want to be? That is horrendous! A person loves to cheat at poker, on his income tax, have sex with his neighbor's wife, burn down nursing homes and hospitals, throw babies into the river.....and you say that God will FORCE this person to be good? Do a kind of lobotomy on him? Don't we call that kind of operation heinous? That would be making either a zombie or a robot out of that person.

If someone LOVES to do evil, he will never be good, and it is this kind of person that God will put to sleep forever. But you sympathize with rapists and murderers. I wonder why. I wonder why you don't sympathize with the victims of these crimes. The scripture says that if a wicked person were given the chance to live in the righteous paradise of Jesus' rule, he would not change. For anyone to be forced to change against his will is cruelty to that person. God wants only those who WANT to love Him to live with other good people.

"Though the wicked is shown favor, he does not learn righteousness; he deals unjustly in the land of uprightness, and does not perceive the majesty of the LORD." (Isaiah 26:10, NASB)

So I'm "selfish," eh? I am the one here who doesn't want the wicked person to have, in essence, a lobotomy, and change him against his will, and I'm the selfish one? I am the one here who wants good people to forever be relieved of suffering at the hands of the wicked people, and I'm selfish?

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #70

Post by JP Cusick »

onewithhim wrote: Oh, I see. So you just dismiss me. You have no interest in reasoning with me and commenting on the scriptures that I bring up? You find one passage out of all the others that speak of fire and construct your entire belief structure on that.

Then you call me "selfish." How can a person be selfish by believing that it is wrong (and not God's way of doing things) to force a person to be something that he does not want to be? That is horrendous! A person loves to cheat at poker, on his income tax, have sex with his neighbor's wife, burn down nursing homes and hospitals, throw babies into the river.....and you say that God will FORCE this person to be good? Do a kind of lobotomy on him? Don't we call that kind of operation heinous? That would be making either a zombie or a robot out of that person.

If someone LOVES to do evil, he will never be good, and it is this kind of person that God will put to sleep forever. But you sympathize with rapists and murderers. I wonder why. I wonder why you don't sympathize with the victims of these crimes. The scripture says that if a wicked person were given the chance to live in the righteous paradise of Jesus' rule, he would not change. For anyone to be forced to change against his will is cruelty to that person. God wants only those who WANT to love Him to live with other good people.

"Though the wicked is shown favor, he does not learn righteousness; he deals unjustly in the land of uprightness, and does not perceive the majesty of the LORD." (Isaiah 26:10, NASB)

So I'm "selfish," eh? I am the one here who doesn't want the wicked person to have, in essence, a lobotomy, and change him against his will, and I'm the selfish one? I am the one here who wants good people to forever be relieved of suffering at the hands of the wicked people, and I'm selfish?

I did not mean to offend you, and I really do see you as dogmatic in your beliefs and nothing that I can do about that.

The Father God is just that - a Father - and it is to be expected for a Father to force His children to do as He commands.

The children of God is all of humanity, and no one chose to be born, and did not choose their parents, and we do not get to choose if we suffer in life or that we all die, and God is not giving anyone a choice about being resurrected, and no one has a choice about being saved because the Father's will - will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

Ezekiel 36:
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

That was just talking to the sheep of Israel, but the New Testament applies that to the entire human race.
SIGNATURE: