If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other..

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Do you agree that This belief is not applicable now?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

mubasher1984

If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other..

Post #1

Post by mubasher1984 »

This above mentioned subjected belief of Christianity is neither applicable in this era nor it is being applied and acted upon anywhere in the world. I respect Christianity as a religion, but it was for a limited time period, i.ae. as long as Jesus and his caliphs remained in this world. But, in this era, this teachings is not applicable. Even, Christian nations are not acting upon. Instead, they are using force to those who don't accept their supremacy. For example, after the 9/11, as per teachings of Christianity, USA would say that please come terrorists, and attack other parts of country too. Instead they attacked on Afghanistan and still sending its troops there. This shows that they know that the teachings of Christianity are not to act upon. While, the Koranic teachings are applicable till the end of times. Koran does not says not only to defend of somebody attack, but also to give other a strong answer so that it could not attack such way in future.

Monta
Guru

Re: If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the oth

Post #21

Post by Monta »

[[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 171#882171]

Matthew 5:39-41 wrote:
But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.

This can not be taken literally.
We know from the Gospels that Jesus spoke in parables and symbolism
and this is another example of that.

This takes away our free will without which we'd have no power to resist evil
or embrace good.
If somebody forces you to go a mile and commit murder it would be against the law.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #22

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:

No I am not. But you sure do not know this world God created and caused to fall if you think it is so bad here. Slave trafficking is ILLEGAL in the USA and it is not in Islam.
Slave traffickers don't care if something is legal or not. The law here has not removed it so it courts as a failure.
The idea you refuse to serve your country because some religion dictates you must follow their laws is a sad affair and can only happen in a nation like the USA. This right would never happen if it was not for the American military and our police to stop and curtail the billions of people who would love to flood our borders and make America weak as where they come from.
Do you believe the following scripture? “Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mere humans, Who relies on human power, And whose heart turns away from Jehovah." - Jeremiah 17:5

This is not some religious statement. This is a statement from God's mouth. Don't you see that when you say, "This right would never happen if it was not for the American military" what an insult you are giving to the Almighty? Don't you see that you are relying on 'human power' which means that you are turning away from God? It's right there in scripture. That you'd say that rights are given by your army and not by Jehovah God is an abomination.
Who is putting there trust in mere human beings and human power?
You are. It was you that said that it's the armed force that give people rights giving no credit to God for anything.
But human power is the tool God uses to protect you JW cowardice.
No it's not. Jehovah doesn't need your army or you killing for Him. When Armageddon comes you will see what God thinks of the nations' armed forces. BTW where was that protection when JWs were being shot, hung and castrated? No I'm not talking about in some far away country I'm talking about right here in your precious USA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecuti ... ted_States
Are you happy to see things happening? You call us cowards, yet are you willing to be castrated rather than kill someone else? We are!
We are in the world not of it. To think you can draw all the benefits of a great nation and than spit on defense is the real issue here.
Great nation? I'll put my Great God Jehovah and His commandments before your 'great nation' every time.
So God does not ordain the US Military?
Nope.
What world are you living in??? You are insulting God to think not all things are totally under his control and nothing happens without his will. What a small god you serve.
Actually, from what I see you serve men and it's armies as gods, so from my stand point your god is small if he relies on men to fight for him. BTW if God is on the side of the United States then He owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the oth

Post #23

Post by 2timothy316 »

Monta wrote: [[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 171#882171]

Matthew 5:39-41 wrote:
But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.

This can not be taken literally.
We know from the Gospels that Jesus spoke in parables and symbolism
and this is another example of that.

This takes away our free will without which we'd have no power to resist evil
or embrace good.
If somebody forces you to go a mile and commit murder it would be against the law.
Indeed it's not to be taken quite so literally. A slap on the face was not meant to hurt a person but to insult them.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #24

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:

No I am not. But you sure do not know this world God created and caused to fall if you think it is so bad here. Slave trafficking is ILLEGAL in the USA and it is not in Islam.
Slave traffickers don't care if something is legal or not. The law here has not removed it so it courts as a failure.
So you believe we live in a perfect world? That Islam has a better system than the USA?
The idea you refuse to serve your country because some religion dictates you must follow their laws is a sad affair and can only happen in a nation like the USA. This right would never happen if it was not for the American military and our police to stop and curtail the billions of people who would love to flood our borders and make America weak as where they come from.
Do you believe the following scripture? “Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mere humans, Who relies on human power, And whose heart turns away from Jehovah." - Jeremiah 17:5

This is not some religious statement. This is a statement from God's mouth. Don't you see that when you say, "This right would never happen if it was not for the American military" what an insult you are giving to the Almighty? Don't you see that you are relying on 'human power' which means that you are turning away from God? It's right there in scripture. That you'd say that rights are given by your army and not by Jehovah God is an abomination.
Who is putting there trust in mere human beings and human power?
You are. It was you that said that it's the armed force that give people rights giving no credit to God for anything.
Never said that. I said God controls all things to include evil. Your the one thinking your so special that this gives you an excuse to be a coward.
But human power is the tool God uses to protect you JW cowardice.
No it's not. Jehovah doesn't need your army or you killing for Him. When
Armageddon comes you will see what God thinks of the nations' armed forces. BTW where was that protection when JWs were being shot, hung and castrated? No I'm not talking about in some far away country I'm talking about right here in your precious USA.
Armageddon is a spiritual Armageddon not a literal one. The Book of revelation is the most spiritual book ever written not carnal. I think God blessed our armed forces that keep you safe. Serves them right for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecuti ... ted_States
Are you happy to see things happening? You call us cowards, yet are you willing to be castrated rather than kill someone else? We are!
Its not a matter of being happy its a matter of waking up and smelling the roses and not living in fake JW world.
We are in the world not of it. To think you can draw all the benefits of a great nation and than spit on defense is the real issue here.
Great nation? I'll put my Great God Jehovah and His commandments before your 'great nation' every time.
Well you live here and are not adult enough to see God put you in a natural world for a purpose and it sure was not to cut and run like a coward. If you notice God's elects are called overcomers not cowards.
So God does not ordain the US Military?
Nope.
Sure he does or you would be dead.
What world are you living in??? You are insulting God to think not all things are totally under his control and nothing happens without his will. What a small god you serve.
Actually, from what I see you serve men and it's armies as gods, so from my stand point your god is small if he relies on men to fight for him. BTW if God is on the side of the United States then He owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.
I cannot believe how immature this statement is ? You truly are living in a JW world.

God does not owe Sodom and Gomorrah and apology. Jesus is going to save them Read your Bible.

I Pet.3:18-20 "Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and “preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient�, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is eight souls were saved by water."
These spirits were the people of Sodom and Gomorrah who were destroyed by God during the time of Noah.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #25

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
Its not a matter of being happy its a matter of waking up and smelling the roses and not living in fake JW world.
So you do approve and defend those that do that to other people. Willing and happy to give people a safe place to kill and disfigure peaceful people. Why am I not shocked.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
So you do approve and defend those that do that to other people. Willing to give people a safe place to kill and disfigure peaceful people. Why am I not shocked.
I am not defending anyone. You reap what you sew. But JW want to act like a fool and put themselves where they do not belong than that so called brain God gave us; when your foolish religious brain working overtime as being so religious they have no earthly clue. Back in Jesus day they called these people Pharisees. They are the only ones Jesus got mad at. maybe they should change your religion to JW-sees. If you are a fool than this is the way the world works the way God created all things. The Tree of Good and Evil God created....

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #27

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
Armageddon is a spiritual Armageddon not a literal one.
Just when I think I have heard everything someone comes up with a real doozy.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #28

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
So you do approve and defend those that do that to other people. Willing to give people a safe place to kill and disfigure peaceful people. Why am I not shocked.
I am not defending anyone. You reap what you sew.
You defend it by defending the country it happens in.

I sew peace and you sew death...let us see what future reaping brings each one of us eh?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #29

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:

I sew peace and you sew death...
Really? Death is the first thing God did when Adam sinned. Death is why we are here. The only peace you sew is cowardice.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #30

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:

I sew peace and you sew death...
Really? Death is the first thing God did when Adam sinned. Death is why we are here. The only peace you sew is cowardice.
And you are proud to defend those that kill and maim others.

Are you familiar with what an anti-Christ is? It is someone that takes the exact opposite stand of what Jesus stands for. The Bible says of Jesus, he is the way to life. (John 14:6) Take a look what you just posted. You just agreed that you are happy to sow death. Do you stand for and support the way of death? Are you sure that it is the way of death that you want to devote your life to?