Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #821

Post by 2timothy316 »

McCulloch wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 813 by onewithhim]

I forgot to mention how I am particularly looking forward to an end to wickedness, corruption and oppression.
I think that Jesus removing such things will be an immediate cause of relief.

So what is he waiting for?
“Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.� (2 Peter 3:9)
He wants to give people the maximum allowed time to change their ways to His ways.
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #822

Post by onewithhim »

McCulloch wrote:

I forgot to mention how I am particularly looking forward to an end to wickedness, corruption and oppression.

Jehovah has already set a definite time when Jesus will act. He decided this centuries ago. Really, if Jesus acted a hundred years ago, you and I would not have been born, would we? Jehovah is patient and is giving mankind enough time to show that they can really rule themselves without Him. If He ended everything before now, wouldn't there have been a lot of people who said, "Hey, you didn't give us enough time!!"?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #823

Post by JehovahsWitness »

onewithhim wrote:
McCulloch wrote:

Jehovah has already set a definite time when Jesus will act. He decided this centuries ago. Really, if Jesus acted a hundred years ago, you and I would not have been born, would we? Jehovah is patient and is giving mankind enough time to show that they can really rule themselves without Him. If He ended everything before now, wouldn't there have been a lot of people who said, "Hey, you didn't give us enough time!!"?

Yes, many confuse Jehovah's patience with his being slow - but indeed as hard as this system is, it is best he lets things run their course so never again someone will suggest self rule can be better than kingdom rule!
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #824

Post by brianbbs67 »

All I know is He is coming back with fire and a sword. The last thing Jesus told his disciples to buy.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #825

Post by RightReason »

onewithhim wrote:

Indeed this explains it well. I believe we are very near to the end and as difficult as the tribulation will be, there is the blessed hope of a paradise just beyond. There is so much to look forward to...

Again, this picture makes no sense. You said we will all be the body of our perfect age (which as you mentioned would be late 20’s early 30’s) so this picture should actually show 4 family members holding hands all looking around the same age. Also, are these new children that you had in paradise with your “soulmate� or your earthly family? And again, why would anyone in a paradise earth where money, pain, food, shelter are not issues only have 2 children? And do you get to enjoy watching your children grow until around 28 years old and then they look just like you? And does pregnancy still take 9 months? And finally of course, how could anyone be truly happy and fulfilled apart from being with our creator, our Father in heaven, regardless of whatever beautiful physical surroundings we reside in?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #826

Post by 2timothy316 »

[Replying to post 825 by RightReason]

I guess it's true that some can complain about anything. Even paradise. Humans indeed are greedy beyond words, nothing is ever enough. Give them an entire planet, they want Heaven. Give them stewardship over all the animals and they want to be god over themselves too. Give them Heaven then what will they want? It seems like some think being a human on Earth is a 3rd place prize. Is being alive enough for them? Nooooooo being human is an insult. They want to be close to God but don't think they be close to Him right now as a human being. It doesn't matter that people such as Abraham and Moses were said to be friends and even knew God spiritually 'face to face'. The didn't see Him with their physical eyes but saw Him with their spiritual eyes. They talked with Jehovah their God all the time. Is this enough for some? Of course not.

As if Jehovah doesn't know what will make us happy! Why would God put make people and put them on their Earth if He knew that they wouldn't be happy? This makes God out to be a bumbling fool. Does anyone know who wants Jehovah to look like a fool and unfit to rule? :facepalm:
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #827

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to 2timothy316]
I guess it's true that some can complain about anything.
I think we ought to complain about those peddling non truth. Sorry, way too many errors in JW created theology. Scripture tells us we will see Christ face to face. This is what all the great Saints knew, believed, and banked on. And we should too.

How sad to limit this experience to 144,000 and only because one's concocted theology messed up its original interpretation in the first place and had to make a quick save for itself. How can you follow a church that changed Sacred Scripture? That made false prophecies? That didn't even exist until some guy preaching imminent end times named Charles Taze Russel came along got together with a group of buddies of his and interpreted Scripture for all of us. Lots of red flags there.

I want what God wants and I don't pretend to know the details of heaven -- eye has not seen . . . but I trust in my Lord and savior.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #828

Post by 2timothy316 »

[Replying to post 827 by RightReason]

The more you speak the more you prove my point. Some are not happy with their gifts they get from God. They have a life on a beautiful planet. What do they do? Complain about it as being JWs theology. As if JWs wrote the Bible. lol

It doesn't matter what God's word says because they refuse to accept it. Why? Because of their greed for more. People have been told they should have more. Who told them that? 'You will be like God' is what Satan said. People are still charmed by that snake's empty promise.

Jesus said, “Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth." Mat 5:5

I'm happy and satisfied with Jesus' words above. Others dread the thought that they would inherit only the Earth. "Greedy people...will not inherit God’s Kingdom." 1 Cor 6:10
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #829

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 828 by 2timothy316]

I'm with you Tim, for me, since God says he will satisfy the desire of all the faithful I bellieve none of the meek that will inherit the earth will be unhappy or feel dissatisfied.

Paradse sound pretty good to me!

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #830

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 828 by 2timothy316]

I'm with you Tim, for me, since God says he will satisfy the desire of all the faithful I bellieve none of the meek that will inherit the earth will be unhappy or feel dissatisfied.

Paradse sound pretty good to me!

I want to be able to surf like that guy in the background. If I were to try that today, I'd strain something. :D