Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #1

Post by marco »

And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #171

Post by JP Cusick »

Bust Nak wrote: So what exactly has those 300+ Sufi Muslims in Sinai done to deserve this latest retaliation?
People fighting amongst their selves in their own territory on the other side of the planet earth - has nothing to do with us.

The reason it does have something to do with us is because the USA military is involved in those lands where we have no right and no business.

I did hear on the News that there was a warning given to the Mosque long before the attack happened, and they ignored or rejected the warning, and there are only hints as to what was actually said in the warning, but the hints declare that the people who were attacked had aligned some how with the American invaders and imperialist.

The true absurdity is to claim that some mass murder in the Sinai somehow justifies the many years of American atrocities throughout the entire middle-east.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #172

Post by Bust Nak »

JP Cusick wrote: People fighting amongst their selves in their own territory on the other side of the planet earth - has nothing to do with us.
That doesn't tell me what you think those 300+ Sufi Muslims in Sinai done to deserve this latest retaliation?
The reason it does have something to do with us is because the USA military is involved in those lands where we have no right and no business.
That's debatable. What about Israel?
I did hear on the News that there was a warning given to the Mosque long before the attack happened, and they ignored or rejected the warning, and there are only hints as to what was actually said in the warning, but the hints declare that the people who were attacked had aligned some how with the American invaders and imperialist.
First of all, where are you getting any of these from? Are you seriously suggesting they were targeted not because of their religion?
The true absurdity is to claim that some mass murder in the Sinai somehow justifies the many years of American atrocities throughout the entire middle-east.
This attack is hardly an isolated incident, how many mass murder does it take to justify American military presence in the Middle East? Note I said military presence, not "atrocities," what ever you think these "atrocities" are supposed to be.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #173

Post by JP Cusick »

Bust Nak wrote: That doesn't tell me what you think those 300+ Sufi Muslims in Sinai done to deserve this latest retaliation?
I did not say that they deserved to be killed - what I said is that it was none of our (USA's) business.

We had a shooter here in Las Vegas and the Texas church shooting and the children massacre at Sandy Hook and lots more of our own mass killings, so we the USA could try cleaning up our own house before we dictate to others around the world.

And it still remains that we the USA are supplying the arms in the middle east, and we fuel the divisions and the hostilities, just as we have done since 1917 after our first World war.
Bust Nak wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:The reason it does have something to do with us is because the USA military is involved in those lands where we have no right and no business.
That's debatable. What about Israel?
Yes the Jewish State is a big example of American militarism promoting hostilities and supporting crimes against humanity.

The Jewish State has stolen that land and persecutes the Palestinians who rightly live there, and the Jewish State is religiously bigoted and racially prejudice, and the USA supplies their military arsenal to do the atrocities.
Bust Nak wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:I did hear on the News that there was a warning given to the Mosque long before the attack happened, and they ignored or rejected the warning, and there are only hints as to what was actually said in the warning, but the hints declare that the people who were attacked had aligned some how with the American invaders and imperialist.
First of all, where are you getting any of these from? Are you seriously suggesting they were targeted not because of their religion?
If we read my words then I said that I heard it on the News, so you ask where am I getting that - well duh - I said from the News.

The News says that the village was warned "not to collaborate with security forces" ~ and in Egypt the security force is always a USA puppet force.
Bust Nak wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:The true absurdity is to claim that some mass murder in the Sinai somehow justifies the many years of American atrocities throughout the entire middle-east.
This attack is hardly an isolated incident, how many mass murder does it take to justify American military presence in the Middle East? Note I said military presence, not "atrocities," what ever you think these "atrocities" are supposed to be.
You take that high and mighty pedestal for the USA, but in fact the USA military is not protecting the Mosque nor the civilians, and the USA is not over there trying to stop any mass murder from happening.

The USA is there to murder civilians with our own mass murders, and the USA is over there to steal the land and to steal the resources - particularly to steal the oil - and to dominate the entire region with our militarism.

If you really want to claim that the USA is over there with our massive military bombings and murdering because we want to stop such Mosque attacks then please do show some link to support that nonsense?
SIGNATURE:

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #174

Post by Bust Nak »

JP Cusick wrote: I did not say that they deserved to be killed - what I said is that it was none of our (USA's) business.
You did say "retaliate" was the correct word to use. What were ISIS retaliating against when they killed these 300+ Muslims?
We had a shooter here in Las Vegas and the Texas church shooting and the children massacre at Sandy Hook and lots more of our own mass killings, so we the USA could try cleaning up our own house before we dictate to others around the world.
No argument from me there.
And it still remains that we the USA are supplying the arms in the middle east, and we fuel the divisions and the hostilities, just as we have done since 1917 after our first World war.
Right, therefore ISIS is justified in running people over in our streets?
Yes the Jewish State is a big example of American militarism promoting hostilities and supporting crimes against humanity.

The Jewish State has stolen that land and persecutes the Palestinians who rightly live there, and the Jewish State is religiously bigoted and racially prejudice, and the USA supplies their military arsenal to do the atrocities.
Without US support Israel would have been wiped out. And that's okay with you?
If we read my words then I said that I heard it on the News, so you ask where am I getting that - well duh - I said from the News.

The News says that the village was warned "not to collaborate with security forces" ~ and in Egypt the security force is always a USA puppet force.
I was expecting you to post a link to the news story, or to name the station or paper. Do you have a source? Telling me "the News" doesn't help me verify your claim.
You take that high and mighty pedestal for the USA, but in fact the USA military is not protecting the Mosque nor the civilians, and the USA is not over there trying to stop any mass murder from happening.
I am not putting the US on the high pedestal, I am saying the US are better than ISIS, Taliban and Al Qaeda. That's an insultingly low bar.
The USA is there to murder civilians with our own mass murders, and the USA is over there to steal the land and to steal the resources - particularly to steal the oil - and to dominate the entire region with our militarism.
Steal land and oil I can understand, what I don't get is why you think the USA is there to murder civilian? Why would you accuse the US of such a thing, when it is clear they took steps to limit civilian casualty?
If you really want to claim that the USA is over there with our massive military bombings and murdering because we want to stop such Mosque attacks then please do show some link to support that nonsense?
The US is not there to explicitly stop Mosque attacks, they are there to stop ISIS who is responsible for the terrorist attack in question.

As for links to support that, look no further than the wiki article for a list of US-led strikes against ISIS.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #175

Post by JP Cusick »

Bust Nak wrote: You did say "retaliate" was the correct word to use. What were ISIS retaliating against when they killed these 300+ Muslims?
Yes we said retaliate - as retaliate against the American invaders - which had nothing to do with that attack on that Mosque.

But I believe you knew that distinction when you twist it otherwise.
Bust Nak wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:We had a shooter here in Las Vegas and the Texas church shooting and the children massacre at Sandy Hook and lots more of our own mass killings, so we the USA could try cleaning up our own house before we dictate to others around the world.
No argument from me there.
Of course there is no argument.

The point is that we have our own murders here in the USA and we are no better than any other people who have crimes within their own borders.

But I believe you knew that distinction when you try to say something otherwise.
Bust Nak wrote: Without US support Israel would have been wiped out. And that's okay with you?
The Jewish State and its evil occupation needed to be wiped out long ago, and it still waits to be wiped out.

Without the racist and religiously bigoted Jewish State then the Holy Lands could go back to peace where it was for near 400 years under Muslim rule where Christians and Jews lived in peace under Muslim protection until 1917.
Bust Nak wrote: I am not putting the US on the high pedestal, I am saying the US are better than ISIS, Taliban and Al Qaeda. That's an insultingly low bar.
Amen to that.

An insulting low bar indeed for the mighty America.
Bust Nak wrote: Steal land and oil I can understand, what I don't get is why you think the USA is there to murder civilian? Why would you accuse the US of such a thing, when it is clear they took steps to limit civilian casualty?
To limit civilian casualties - how easily Americans say that - when we have no right to murder even one (1) civilian.

And in fact there is no ISIS army in Syria as we just bomb civilians.

And yet the Syrian military we do not not attack - because we the USA are not at war with Syria.
Bust Nak wrote: The US is not there to explicitly stop Mosque attacks, they are there to stop ISIS who is responsible for the terrorist attack in question.

As for links to support that, look no further than the wiki article for a list of Link to Nowhere.
I know about links to lies.

The question was to provide a link to your nonsense assertion that the USA was in any way in the Middle East to stop the killing at a Mosque.

But I believe you knew that distinction when you did otherwise.
SIGNATURE:

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #176

Post by Bust Nak »

JP Cusick wrote: Yes we said retaliate - as retaliate against the American invaders - which had nothing to do with that attack on that Mosque.

But I believe you knew that distinction when you twist it otherwise.
I believe you are making things up as you go along, why is one terrorist attack retaliation when another isn't?
The point is that we have our own murders here in the USA and we are no better than any other people who have crimes within their own borders.
Right, but they have their murders in the USA and elsewhere, without their own borders but within ours.
The Jewish State and its evil occupation needed to be wiped out long ago, and it still waits to be wiped out.

Without the racist and religiously bigoted Jewish State then the Holy Lands could go back to peace where it was for near 400 years under Muslim rule where Christians and Jews lived in peace under Muslim protection until 1917.
That's quite the revelation. It speaks for itself.
Amen to that.

An insulting low bar indeed for the mighty America.
And yet there you are, apologising for terrorist attacks.
To limit civilian casualties - how easily Americans say that - when we have no right to murder even one (1) civilian.
Granted.
And in fact there is no ISIS army in Syria as we just bomb civilians.
How is this a fact?
And yet the Syrian military we do not not attack - because we the USA are not at war with Syria.
And somehow that doesn't make sense to you?
I know about links to lies.

The question was to provide a link to your nonsense assertion that the USA was in any way in the Middle East to stop the killing at a Mosque.

But I believe you knew that distinction when you did otherwise.
I said no such thing, don't pin your strawman on me. I said the USA was in the Middle East to stop terrorists attack, not specific to attacks at a Mosque.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #177

Post by JP Cusick »

Bust Nak wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: And yet the Syrian military we do not not attack - because we the USA are not at war with Syria.
And somehow that doesn't make sense to you?
Of course that makes perfect sense to me - when we look at the truth and get past the American propaganda and lies.

There is no war at all - it is just the USA helping the government of Syria to murder the Syrian people who resist.

It makes perfect sense when we recognize that the USA is really supporting the dictator Assad in Syria, and that the USA is an evil empire pushing the American evils onto the rest of humanity.
SIGNATURE:

marco
Savant

Post #178

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:
And how were Sufi Muslims meant to respond to that warning? Before espousing some cause you should perhaps check your facts, as you tell others to do. In November 2016 ISIS beheaded 98-year-old Sheikh Suleiman Abu Harraz, a leading Sufi figure, after kidnapping him from his house . Shortly after, they issued a warning to all Sufi Muslims in Egypt that they would be killed. You will know that in the mosque there were children who were murdered. Sufi are devoted to praising God and observing peaceful practises. I don't support them but I see no reason to malign them.

It would appear that America's flaw is she hasn't destroyed sufficient numbers of extremists. It is unbelievable that anyone can offer the slightest defence for savages who behead an old man of 98. Reminding us of the number of people killed in wars doesn't have any relevance here.
JP Cusick wrote:
I do not know of any situation where Americans set out deliberately to kill children. Do you? I suppose if I read ISIS literature I might come across such accounts. Similarly, Israelis do not target children; those who oppose them are happy to do so, since the death of children deliberately left in harm's way is good propaganda. Incidentally, you ask us to consider that some kind person warned the Sufi Muslims about a coming attack; Israel issues three warnings before it targets rocket bases, placed in private houses or schools. Hamas often forbids people to move from the area. You are lucky to live in America whereas people are lucky to be alive in the Middle East.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #179

Post by brianbbs67 »

JP. the only thing you are right about is that Isreal will fall. It is foretold. But then it will be established forever, again. This conflict is not just a religious thing, its moral. Why should we be slaughtered to let the "peaceful" Muslim exist? Just because its an uphill battle for the Islamoterrorist, doesn't mean it shouldn't be.

If we all could just could get along.....

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #180

Post by Bust Nak »

JP Cusick wrote: There is no war at all - it is just the USA helping the government of Syria to murder the Syrian people who resist.

It makes perfect sense when we recognize that the USA is really supporting the dictator Assad in Syria, and that the USA is an evil empire pushing the American evils onto the rest of humanity.
No, that makes no sense, why aren't the Russians on the same side as the US? Why did the US attack Assad after the government used chemical attack? Why hasn't the US killed everyone within 2 months like you suggested they had the power to?