Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

The myth of evolution

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Theists use myth an awful lot:

They have myths about talking snakes and magic DNA altering, evil bestowing fruit, and so on.

But they also use myth offensively, as in the case of evolution.

They say that since fish eggs don't hatch out men, or ape mommys don't give birth to human children, that evolution is false.

But anyone who does not need Original Sin in their playbook knows that that is not what evolution claims.

(As in write this, if they believed their myth of evolution was true, they would have to believe men and fish could interbreed or man an ape - but I digress.)

So we have what evolution is according to the REST of the world: The promotion of inheritable traits among generations

Vs

The myth of evolution, what Judaists and Christians maintain: That just about anything can evolve into anything else.

The point of discussion is, how do Judeo-Christians maintain their MYTH of evolution, in order to maintain their myth of creation (and sin)?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #21

Post by Eloi »

I am not an evolutionist. I believe God created all species, each one separated, and all of them were complete when he finished.

Willum
Savant

Post #22

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 21 by Eloi]

Thank you for clarifying.
Rather than believe modern scientific observations, some of which you yourself posted, about a very reasonable progression of life forms... including fossil records, modern observations of the process and evolution predicting how life evolved, and continues to evolve...
You believe that some kind of wizard who has no reason for being, magically created all life, without any divine purpose, but that filled evolutionary niches, according to, I presume, some book, whose stories are indistinguishable to an impartial observer, from other myths?

PS, and you still have not indicated what you think evolution is...

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by Eloi »

Evolution is based on modern scientific observation? O:)

PD: No need to repeat yourself that much. You already tried the same insult in the last post and didn't do anything ... Live with that.

Willum
Savant

Post #24

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 23 by Eloi]

Yes, modern scientific observation.
Fossil records.
Life filling natural opportunistic niches and, of course, it being observed:
Evolution of crayfish
and
Evolution of Algae

You find my observations insulting? That isn't me, it is a shame you feel about your own beliefs.

AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T TOLD ME WHAT YOU THINK EVOLUTION IS.

Apparently I need to repeat myself MANY times.
Last edited by Willum on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by Eloi »

Fossil records have nothing to do with evolution ... it just says that there were some species that desapeared, but the fossil record does not say how those species appeared. 8-)

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by Eloi »

And stop personalizing the thread, Ok? Don't take the debates in a personal way. I have nothing against you, no matter if you are evolucionist or not. Do an effort and learn to live with the differences.

Willum
Savant

Post #27

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 25 by Eloi]

Oh, trying to pigeon hole the argument into the same tired deflection used by theists?
Fossil records are used as an indicator of evolution.
As is life forms filling ecological niches opportunistically.
As is the observations of life evolving to these niches according to experiment and natural stimulus.

Fossils provide evidence of evolution

So, now, we may presume you have a magical wizard you call God, whom did this all at once, complete with talking snakes and magic fruit, which you provide as an alternative - and rationally expect others to take this seriously?

And you still haven't told us what you think evolution is, I can only presume, despite your lack of innuendo, that you would assert it is possible for humans to wake up one day and be monkeys, or something?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by Eloi »

Fossil records don't fill anything at all related with evolution. If you think so, prove it.

I already told you I don't believe in evolution; I am not evolutionist, and that's it. Maybe you should tell me what is that you want me to tell you exactly.

You can repeat your insult again and again and again. It doesn't work; it just shows how "evolved" (civilized) is an evolutionist. ;)

Willum
Savant

Post #29

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 28 by Eloi]

Me? Prove it? Geologists, biologists and all manner of natural scientists have proved it.
What possible reason could there be fossils aren't indicators of evolution?
I know! You say-so!

Anyway, fossils, life filling niches, and it is observed.
Do I need to post these again?

Anyway - I take it you have examined the evolution of crayfish and agreed, and so on:
Here is fossil evidence you do not seem capable of finding yourself.

http://www.evolutionevidence.org/wp-con ... le_evo.jpg

Willum
Savant

Post #30

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 28 by Eloi]

And still trying desperately to go back the original topic...
Why do so many Christians invent a myth as silly as their own: Evolution being monkeys giving birth to men, or whatever, to contrast it with magic sky wizards creating everything?