All the Chrildren of the World

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

All the Chrildren of the World

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world.

I dutifully sang this during my weekly brainwashing sessions at Sunday school. (But not always with the image of an execution device in the background.)

But in later years, I discovered that Jesus' propagandists did not actually have him say that he loved all the children of the world.

Did the Gospel propagandists just forget to mention that Jesus loves all the children of the world …?

Were Jesus and his propagandists more interested in their quest for political power than they were about foreign kiddies …?

Have later Christians had to embellish and inflate the propaganda to make the Jesus character into what they WANT him to have been …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Tcg
Savant

Post #21

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Why do you put God on trial?
If you review this thread, I think you'll find Sally has put the claims made about Jesus on trial. If a real God were put on trial, one would think he could defend himself.

Instead we find that the idea of God is defended not by a God of any kind, but rather by those who depend on the idea of a God being true.

If a real God ever shows up, he can defend himself. I for one will be watching for his defense.

Tcg
Well know this, God’s coming quickly!!!
What we know is that people have been making this claim for 2,000 years. We also know that God is terminally absent.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by Tart »

And “Jesus marketing team� doesn’t even need to offer you any defense whatsoever. Because if you don’t see that we are all sinners, every one of us, in need of salvation, then you simply don’t know truth

Tcg
Savant

Post #23

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: And “Jesus marketing team� doesn’t even need to offer you any defense whatsoever.
And yet, as we saw in post 20 and 22, they continue to attempt to do so. If God showed up to defend himself, these attempts wouldn't be needed.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #24

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
If you review this thread, I think you'll find Sally has put the claims made about Jesus on trial. If a real God were put on trial, one would think he could defend himself.

Instead we find that the idea of God is defended not by a God of any kind, but rather by those who depend on the idea of a God being true.

If a real God ever shows up, he can defend himself. I for one will be watching for his defense.

Tcg
What we know is that people have been making this claim for 2,000 years. We also know that God is terminally absent.

Tcg
Dude how in the heck would anyone ever claim to know something like that? You really believe you are all knowing?

Tcg
Savant

Post #25

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:

Tcg

Tcg
Dude how in the heck would anyone ever claim to know something like that? You really believe you are all knowing?
It's quite simple. No God is here. I don't need to be all knowing to know this. I only have to know that one thing.

If God is here, why are you defending him instead of allowing him to defend himself? Does he need your help?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by Tart »

The faithlessness you have! What I know is that God is in control! Not you.. repent and humble yourself... be faithful!

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #27

Post by Zzyzx »

Tart wrote: Well know this, God’s coming quickly!!!
Christians have been saying this for 2000 years. Perhaps they attach some strange meaning to 'quickly'.

Empty threats and promises are often used to promote religions.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:

Tcg

Tcg
It's quite simple. No God is here. I don't need to be all knowing to know this. I only have to know that one thing.

If God is here, why are you defending him instead of allowing him to defend himself? Does he need your help?

Tcg
Because I’m a free man! To speak!!! Freedom!!!

If anything I do is wrong bring it forward and I’ll repent of my crime... but to speak?? You got to be kidding me

Tcg
Savant

Post #29

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: The faithlessness you have! What I know is that God is in control! Not you.. repent and humble yourself... be faithful!
You must have overlooked these two questions given that you didn't address them:
  • If God is here, why are you defending him instead of allowing him to defend himself? Does he need your help?
Care to address them?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by Tart »

If they want to control speech, we are living in a fascist society and something has gone seriously wrong

Ephesians 6:12, NIV: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."