Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1261

Post by onewithhim »

marco wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
My point was don't expect others to like you as well when you speak truth. Truth divides. This is what I mean and what Yeshua meant. Keep seeking.
People's false idea of what truth is can divide. One can sympathise with outrageous ideas - I personally find it sad to hear people talk of some future situation where science is bludgeoned to make way for dreams.

Had Christ's message been fulfilled 100 years after his execution that would perhaps have seemed a long time, compared to human existence. 2000 years is evidence that we got Christ wrong and Christ got it wrong as well. Of course it is sad that people are disappointed, but death ultimately brings eternal comfort.
Marco----you are a moderator and are often telling others not to make a blanket statement about a group, and also not to dump on people, whether or not they are lying. Now you are doing it.

What are outrageous ideas? How do JWs "bludgeon" science?

Some of us here have argued rather well that Christ's prophecies were set for the LAST DAYS and not for his time, yet you insist on saying, still, that he was "wrong."

And "death brings eternal comfort???" Huh??? When you're dead you don't know anything. How can this be "comfort?"

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1262

Post by onewithhim »

marco wrote:
onewithhim wrote:

Keep searching for Jehovah and His truth.
One wonders how Jehovah got lost. The onus is not on a short-lived biped to "search" in the clouds for traces of heaven; heaven can at a stroke reveal itself. But people insist on building up theories that come from wishful thinking. In the tales about him, Jehovah killed people and demanded infants should be slaughtered; if he repeats the Eden scenario, it seems a pretty safe bet he will again evict those he has initially favoured with some futuristic orchard Earth.

Thankfully we wake up after reading the OT. Universities are an antidote.
Jehovah didn't create robots. He leaves it to us to reach out to him or ignore him. It's our choice. To "search" for him is the effort on a person's part to sift through all the information available today and decide what he wants to go with. He might ask himself, Let's see---what part of all this information do I accept as pointing me to the true God, Jehovah? Jehovah doesn't force himself on anybody.

Heaven HAS revealed itself, but most people aren't interested. A real government from heaven ruling over a paradise Earth is so foreign to them, thanks to the religions dropping the ball and not telling the people the truth, that they consider it nonsense. They see scriptures like Isaiah 9:6,7 and Daniel 2:44 and totally miss what they mean. They don't even see the word "government."

I have written my opinion about Jehovah ordering the slaughter of children. Since you ignored that, I won't take the time to post it again.

:-|

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1263

Post by Checkpoint »

marco wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
My point was don't expect others to like you as well when you speak truth. Truth divides. This is what I mean and what Yeshua meant. Keep seeking.
People's false idea of what truth is can divide. One can sympathise with outrageous ideas - I personally find it sad to hear people talk of some future situation where science is bludgeoned to make way for dreams.
Science vs dreams?

What I find sad is to hear people talk of some past situation as if they know the unknown and unknowable.
Had Christ's message been fulfilled 100 years after his execution that would perhaps have seemed a long time, compared to human existence. 2000 years is evidence that we got Christ wrong and Christ got it wrong as well. Of course it is sad that people are disappointed, but death ultimately brings eternal comfort.
Christ didn't get it wrong, we did, and many still do.

Those close to him are not disappointed, as we have already begun our eternal comfort.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #1264

Post by brianbbs67 »

marco wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:

Meh, My truth is better than yours....;)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1265

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:
marco wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:

Meh, My truth is better than yours....;)
LOL!! Well, I'll agree with you on that, brianbbs67.

I don't remember if I asked marco what he meant by science being bludgeoned. Basic scientific agreements in the Bible go well to show that the Bible is not some hair-brained tome mascarading as something from God. The stages of creation harmonize with what science has seen, as well as the statement in the Bible that the earth is round and hangs on nothing. Other sacred books got that wrong. The water cycle is mentioned in the Bible---rain that evaporates and goes back to clouds which then release the water to fall back to earth. It's not just all "dreams."

Science is unable to answer certain questions that the Bible can, such as how did life begin? Honest scientists (and I imagine they all are on this topic) will admit that they cannot say how life started, and then how it grew more complex as time went on. So this is where the spiritual ideas come into play. God is the answer to questions that Science can't answer.

In addition to that, scientists who believe in God (and creation) and those that don't are about equal. Around 50%-50%. That is encouraging, when people say that scientists don't believe in God and people are stupid if they do. Many scientists DO believe in God, as have many in the past. Sir Isaac Newton, Louis Pasteur, and a whole list of them. Even Albert Einstein tended to believe in God, and Darwin had his doubts about mindless evolution at times, though he preferred not to think too long on the matter.

:study:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1266

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1263 by onewithhim]

I really would like marco or someone to explain to me how "science is being bludgeoned" by what JWs teach.

:wave:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1267

Post by onewithhim »

Am I to assume that marco doesn't have any answer to my question about how JWs "bludgeon" Science?

Gracchus
Apprentice

Post #1268

Post by Gracchus »

[Replying to post 1263 by onewithhim]

"Science is unable to answer certain questions that the Bible can, such as how did life begin?"

Well, even I can answer questions that science can't. Of course, my answers might be just as wrong as those provided by the Bible, but those are a pretty low limbo bar. We have to toil and suffer because of a talking snake? It would be hard to get as ridiculous as that.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1269

Post by Checkpoint »

Gracchus wrote: [Replying to post 1263 by onewithhim]

"Science is unable to answer certain questions that the Bible can, such as how did life begin?"

Well, even I can answer questions that science can't. Of course, my answers might be just as wrong as those provided by the Bible, but those are a pretty low limbo bar. We have to toil and suffer because of a talking snake? It would be hard to get as ridiculous as that.

That is not an answer the Bible provides.

The Bible provides this answer to why "we have to toil and suffer":

Genesis 3:17 "To Adam He said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it',"

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1270

Post by onewithhim »

Gracchus wrote: [Replying to post 1263 by onewithhim]

No, we don't have to suffer and die because of a talking snake. We suffer and die because what ever that "snake" really was, it subtly lied about God and convinced Eve to eat from the one tree. It was because she and Adam took the fruit off that one tree, that we suffer and die. The tree symbolized God's right to rule, and His creations had the opportunity to show Him that they loved Him and sided with His authority, or, conversely, that they despised His authority and would rather rule themselves, deciding for themselves what is good and what is bad. Adam was not fooled by the "snake" (I Timothy 2:14), but he ate anyway, so we can say that he deliberately went against God and spurned His sovereignty.