GOD ALWAYS WORKS THROUGH THE MINORITY

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

GOD ALWAYS WORKS THROUGH THE MINORITY

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Many religions and denominations take pride, even boast of how large their followers are in numbers and the rate at which they are growing. But the thread of truth that runs throughout the whole of the scriptures is that God has always worked through the minority and never through the majority. This teaches us that when people look at their large numbers and equate that with their reasoning of God working through them, well the Bible teaches quite the opposite.

There are numerous accounts in the Bible which teach this truth, but my favorite is regarding the 400 prophets of Israel who were called to inquire of God whether king Ahab should go into battle and obtain victory or not. And since these 400 prophets were prophets of Israel, and Israel was recognized as the people of God, then surely these 400 prophets were true prophets of God, right? Especially since they all came to the same conclusion and spoke with one voice unto the king saying that God would surely give this king victory. Yet one one man is called to see what God had to say and he told the king that the king would die in battle and that these 400 prophets were false prophets.

But what's more, is that these 400 prophets truly believed that they were true children of God and that the one lone prophet wasn't. This is a tremendous warning to those who find comfort and assurance in the size of their religious group who claim the name of God. Anyone can read this account in 1 Kings 22.

What do you think about God always working through the minority? What do you think about those groups who firmly believe they are the people of God but are in fact not?

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Re: GOD ALWAYS WORKS THROUGH THE MINORITY

Post #11

Post by Eddie Ramos »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:17 am
Eddie Ramos wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:13 pm

2 Corinthians 4:4 (KJV 1900)
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Satan is not the god of this world, GOD is the GOD of this world. We know this because no where in the scriptures are we told that Satan has the power to blind anyone. Yet we have an abundance of scriptures that teach us that GOD has the power to blind and indeed has blinded people from believing the truth of the gospel. But this way of understanding 2 Cor 4:4 completely contradicts man's free will, God wants everyone to be saved kind of gospel. Yet this is the gospel of the scriptures.

Who are you suggesting is the god of this world refered to here by the Apostle Paul?

To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

ANGELS , DEMONS and ... SATAN THE DEVIL
First and foremost, these are not Paul's words, these are God's own words. Paul, along with any other scribe, were just tools God used to put pen to paper.

And as I mentioned in the post you quoted, GOD (Almighty) is the God of this world and for the reasons I gave in that same post.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

WHO IS THE GOD OF THIS WORLD ?
LUKE 4:6

Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish
1 JOHN 5:19

We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one

I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world+ is coming, and he has no hold on me - JESUS CHRIST (John 14:30 )

JOHN 12:31

Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #13

Post by Eddie Ramos »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:37 am WHO IS THE GOD OF THIS WORLD ?
LUKE 4:6

Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish
1 JOHN 5:19

We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one

I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world+ is coming, and he has no hold on me - JESUS CHRIST (John 14:30 )

JOHN 12:31

Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out

Those are all great verses about Satan's authority in this world which was given to him by someone who has even greater authority.

Job 1:12 (KJV 1900)
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Job 2:6 (KJV 1900)
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

Daniel 4:35 (KJV 1900)
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Pilate thought he also had great authority until he learned that any authority he had was given by the one who had the ultimate authority.

John 19:10–11 (KJV 1900)
Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? 11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Proverbs 16:4 (KJV 1900)
The LORD hath made all things for himself:
Yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Also, you have not taken into consideration what I posted regarding who the Bible records as having the power to blind people from being able to believe the gospel, just like what 2 Corinthians 4:4 is referring to. Please take the time to re-read the post I submitted where God makes it abundantly clear that it is he and only he who has the power to blind the unbelieving people from believing the gospel. The GOD of this world is far above the rulers which he has set up beneath Him. Are you able to provide any scriptures where Satan is said to blind the people to keep them from believing the gospel? I don't think so because all unbelievers have already been taken captive by Satan at his will. Furthermore, Satan doesn't target those whom he rules over, he targets the children of God.

Unbelievers fell into 2 categories. Those who were chosen for salvation but were not yet saved, and those who were never chosen for salvation. The first were rebellious in their sin and unbelief until God allowed his light of the gospel to shine unto them and thus saving them and opening their eyes tot he truth. The thief on the cross is one good example.

Matthew 27:43–44 (KJV 1900)
He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God. 44 The thieves also(plural, meaning both thieves), which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth

Luke 23:39–43 (KJV 1900)
And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. 40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

One account has both thieves railing on Christ but the other account one thief has repented. This is an example of the light of the gospel shining unto one who was elected unto salvation and the other who was not. This means that GOD has blinded this thief from seeing the light of His glorious gospel and thus become saved.

John 12:37–41 (KJV 1900)
But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? 39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40 HE (the GOD of this world. GOD Almighty) hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. 41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

You can't just be lead by what the WS declares, but be willing to do your own work and harmonization from the scriptures. There is nothing wrong with questioning anyone's doctrinal position, especially those in whom you trust. But this is a good example that only the scriptures themselves can be trusted. And God's way of teaching us that we have come to a correct understanding is that the Bible as a whole will agree with our conclusion. But if the Bible contradicts our conclusion, then it is we who are in error and we must make correction.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #14

Post by onewithhim »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:11 pm Many religions and denominations take pride, even boast of how large their followers are in numbers and the rate at which they are growing. But the thread of truth that runs throughout the whole of the scriptures is that God has always worked through the minority and never through the majority. This teaches us that when people look at their large numbers and equate that with their reasoning of God working through them, well the Bible teaches quite the opposite.

There are numerous accounts in the Bible which teach this truth, but my favorite is regarding the 400 prophets of Israel who were called to inquire of God whether king Ahab should go into battle and obtain victory or not. And since these 400 prophets were prophets of Israel, and Israel was recognized as the people of God, then surely these 400 prophets were true prophets of God, right? Especially since they all came to the same conclusion and spoke with one voice unto the king saying that God would surely give this king victory. Yet one one man is called to see what God had to say and he told the king that the king would die in battle and that these 400 prophets were false prophets.

But what's more, is that these 400 prophets truly believed that they were true children of God and that the one lone prophet wasn't. This is a tremendous warning to those who find comfort and assurance in the size of their religious group who claim the name of God. Anyone can read this account in 1 Kings 22.

What do you think about God always working through the minority? What do you think about those groups who firmly believe they are the people of God but are in fact not?
You are quite correct. It seems that throughout history God has chosen the minority. It is as Jesus said: "Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and MANY are going in through it. Whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and FEW are finding it." (Matthew 7:13,14)

Most people want to live a life of ease without having to do anything for God, as He has outlined in the Bible. And many of those people accept the wayward teachings of men who tell them that they can do what they want and still please God.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #15

Post by onewithhim »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:37 am

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Satan is not the god of this world, GOD is the GOD of this world. We know this because no where in the scriptures are we told that Satan has the power to blind anyone. Yet we have an abundance of scriptures that teach us that GOD has the power to blind and indeed has blinded people from believing the truth of the gospel. But this way of understanding 2 Cor 4:4 completely contradicts man's free will, God wants everyone to be saved kind of gospel. Yet this is the gospel of the scriptures.

Who are you suggesting is the god of this world refered to here by the Apostle Paul?

First and foremost, these are not Paul's words, these are God's own words. Paul, along with any other scribe, were just tools God used to put pen to paper.

And as I mentioned in the post you quoted, GOD (Almighty) is the God of this world and for the reasons I gave in that same post.
No, the god of this world is Satan. The Scriptures bear this out.

"We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (I John 5:19)

"War broke out in heaven and Michael and his angels battled with the dragon and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him." (Revelation 12:7-9)

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #16

Post by Eddie Ramos »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:39 am

"We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (I John 5:19)

"War broke out in heaven and Michael and his angels battled with the dragon and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him." (Revelation 12:7-9)
Thank you for your reply. In post #13 here, I laid out why it´s not possible for the God of this world to be Satan. Furthermore, the context of 2 Corinthians 4:4 has to do with a blinding which prevented people from becoming saved. Satan never had that power. He may have ruled over the unsaved, but God saved his elect from among those whom satan ruled over according tot he good pleasure of God's own will. Satan is a deciever, but never do we read that he had the power to blind anyone. But we have plenty of examples (as I gave in post #13) where God did just that and for the very same reasons described in 2 Corinthians 4:4. To prevent them from seeing the light of the gospel and being saved. 2 Corinthians 4:4 is describing the soverignty of God (as the GOD of this world) who has resserved the light of the gospel to shine only unto His chosen people (the elect). Thus he has blinded the minds of the rest of the world and justly left them in their sins.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #17

Post by onewithhim »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:08 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:39 am

Thank you for your reply. In post #13 here, I laid out why it´s not possible for the God of this world to be Satan. Furthermore, the context of 2 Corinthians 4:4 has to do with a blinding which prevented people from becoming saved. Satan never had that power. He may have ruled over the unsaved, but God saved his elect from among those whom satan ruled over according tot he good pleasure of God's own will. Satan is a deciever, but never do we read that he had the power to blind anyone. But we have plenty of examples (as I gave in post #13) where God did just that and for the very same reasons described in 2 Corinthians 4:4. To prevent them from seeing the light of the gospel and being saved. 2 Corinthians 4:4 is describing the soverignty of God (as the GOD of this world) who has resserved the light of the gospel to shine only unto His chosen people (the elect). Thus he has blinded the minds of the rest of the world and justly left them in their sins.
Satan obviously has the power to mentally blind humans because he is deceiving the entire world, as the Scriptures clearly say. (Revelation 12:7-9) The whole world is lying in Satan's power (I John 5:19) So he certainly has the power to blind the minds of people.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #18

Post by Eddie Ramos »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:52 am
Satan obviously has the power to mentally blind humans because he is deceiving the entire world, as the Scriptures clearly say. (Revelation 12:7-9) The whole world is lying in Satan's power (I John 5:19) So he certainly has the power to blind the minds of people.
That is incorrect, decieving someone does not equate to blinding the mind of them which believe not. Eve was perfect and without sin and yet she was deceived by satan. This is why we can't put our own definitions on what the blinding of the mind is, but we have to let the Bible define it for us. God equates the blinding of the mind with the inability to understand the truth of the scriptures, which stems from the condition of the heart.

2 Corinthians 3:14–15 (KJV 1900)
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Here we see God using the mind and the heart interchangeably. Now let's put two scriptures side by side to see how they line up.

John 12:39–41 (KJV 1900)
Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40 He (JEHOVAH) hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. 41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

God is the one who has done the blinding so that they could not believe and be converted and be healed (saved). That's sounds an awful lot like 2 Cor 4:4, doesn't it?

In whom the GOD of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

This is saying the same thing. God has done the blinding so that the light of the gospel (salvation) does not take place in the lives of certain individuals. These are those individuals who have not had their sins paid for and are to justly pay for their own sins by their own death. Satan could never stop God from saving a single one of his chosen people. This is why it would be impossible for satan to be the god of this world, because it would contradict the whole of the scriptures.

John 6:37 (KJV 1900)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #19

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Eddie Ramos in post #18]

It is amusing that you would say that Satan wouldn't blind anyone's mind, after reading that the whole earth lies in his power (I John 5:19) and that he is misleading the entire earth (Revelation 12:9). Somehow Satan would refrain from doing that? Just what does it mean that the whole world lies in his power? What does it mean that he is "misleading the entire inhabited earth"?

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #20

Post by Eddie Ramos »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:19 pm [Replying to Eddie Ramos in post #18]

It is amusing that you would say that Satan wouldn't blind anyone's mind, after reading that the whole earth lies in his power (I John 5:19) and that he is misleading the entire earth (Revelation 12:9). Somehow Satan would refrain from doing that? Just what does it mean that the whole world lies in his power? What does it mean that he is "misleading the entire inhabited earth"?
To lie under the power of Satan does not imply deception. I showed you that in my previous post. Can you show me where deception (according to the Bible) means blindness?

To lie under the power of Satan is expressed throughout many historical parables in the Bible. For example, the nation of Israel was in Egypt under the rule of an evil Pharaoh who made them slaves. This is the same picture of God's chosen people who were under the power of Satan, unable just to walk away of their own free will and set themselves free, but were delivered by Christ (who Moses represented) from Egypt, which typifies the kingdom of Satan and from Pharaoh who represents Satan himself. Now, if we pay close atention, we notice that deliverance was specifically only for the nation which God had chosen to be a people for himself. This nation and these people only represented the true people of God, but their entire life story recorded in the Old Testament, conceals the same spiritual truth of the gospel of salvation which was only for God's chosen people, the elect.

Satan was powerless to stop Christ (Moses) from delivering his people. But it is the GOD of this world is the one who blinds people in order that salvation does not take place. In order that people remain in darkness. When and where do you read of satan having the power to blind so that people would not become saved? That would make the gospel powerless. If people could choose to let the light of the gospel shine whenever they wanted to, then what power would satan really have as the "god" of this world? There is no bliblical harmony when we place Satan as the god of this world who blinds the minds of them which believe not so that they would not become saved, if they can become saved whenever they felt like it. But I have given you plenty of scriptures that clearly declare that God is the one who blinds those that do not believe so that the gospel will not be heard nor understood and therefore resulting in no salvation for those people. Why have you never addresed those scriptures in light of 2 Cor 4:4? Don't you think they are relevant since they speak to the very same thing 2 Cor 4:4 is speaking about? This is why comparing scripture with scripture is the only way to see the whole picture clearly in the Bible and not our own reasonings, which I have been guilty of doing plenty of times when I thought the Bible was written to be plainly understood. But I've learned that God's ways and thoughts are not at all like ours.

Now, regarding Rev 12:9.

Revelation 12:9 (KJV 1900)
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

If you look up the word "deceiveth", you will never find this word translated as blindness because it has nothing to do with blindness. It has to do with lies and those who believe it. Now the reason that the lies (or the deception) is believed, is because of a few raesons given by the Bible. One reason can be lust (the wrong type of desire) as was Eve's motive, but the other is blindness. But blindness is the cause by which someone can be deceived, but blindness and deception are not the same thing. This is why Satan deceives the whole world (of the unsaved only), because GOD has blinded them. Another proof we can look at is the root word for this Greek word "deceived" (Strong's G4105) which is Strong's G4106 (same word, but different part of speech). And this word is also translated as "delusion", and do you know who is the one sending this delusion? It's GOD, not Satan.

2 Thessalonians 2:9–12 (KJV 1900)
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause GOD shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Is this saying that during this time period described above (the period of the antichrist/the great tribulation), that men's fates were sealed because they refused to believe in Christ? That because of this that God would send them a strong delusion so that they would believe lies and thus be damned? Why, at this time period, were they not allowed to change their minds anytime they wanted to, of their own "free will" and be saved? I know this is off topic, but no matter where we look in the Bible, the doctrine of "free will" is shown to be false. But what I described above is how, according to the Bible, we are to understand Rev 12:9.