Get tokens for referrals

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Get tokens for referrals

Post #1

Post by otseng »

If you refer someone to join, the person that got referred must post a message in this thread stating who was the referrer. Then, the referrer will get 250 tokens.

So, for example, Eve is an existing member. And Eve tells Adam about this forum. Adam signs up and then posts a message in this thread that Eve referred him. Eve will then get 250 tokens.

Eve cannot simply post a message here saying that she referred Adam. Otherwise, if another person says that he in fact referred Adam, the dispute can only be resolved by Adam. So, to avoid all conflicts, Adam should be the one to post who gets the referral credit.

There will also be no limit to the number of tokens one can receive. However, all members must be real members. If anyone cheats, I'll penalize with a fine of -500 tokens. All token credits (and penalties) will also be posted here.
Last edited by otseng on Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

plkemp

Referred by Web Evangelism Bulletin

Post #2

Post by plkemp »

I don't know if you're giving Andrew tokens but I was referred to your group by the Web Evangelism Bulletin

otseng
Savant

Re: Referred by Web Evangelism Bulletin

Post #3

Post by otseng »

plkemp wrote:I don't know if you're giving Andrew tokens but I was referred to your group by the Web Evangelism Bulletin
Is Andrew a member here? If so, what is Andrew's username?

plkemp

Post #4

Post by plkemp »

Andrew Careaga is editor of Web Evangelism Bulletin. In his recent issue he wrote this wonderful review of your group. I am not sure if he is actually a member.

DEBATING THE FAITH - EVANGELISTIC BULLETIN BOARD

Oliver Tseng writes about his new debating forum:
"I've been active on two forums: americasdebate.com and
ricebowljournals.com. I enjoy debating and defending the faith. However,
over time, both of these sites have discouraged religious debates. On
RiceBowl, there was one guy that was posing some interesting, though quite controversial, questions on the validity of the Bible. The thread was closed within days. I had wanted to participate in it, but I couldn't. At the same time, I had discovered PHPBB, so I decided to install it on my website to create a forum to debate Christianity. The forum has been up for over a month and it's slowly but surely growing. My vision for the forum is a place where people can engage in civil debates about Christianity and religion.

My strategy is make sure that all discussions are respectful. Also, I want
to engage people of all types - atheists, agnostics, deists, and Christians.
I'd like to have equal representation of all and not make it just a
Christian hangout.

I also want to provide a feature-rich forum. I've been slowly adding
features and it's getting to the point of having the basic features I think
are necessary. Now, I'm in the stage of trying to actively market it. My
goal is to be in the top 3 results of Google searches for Christian/religion
debates."
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/

I you've never his bulletin:
THIS ISSUE ONLINE: If you prefer to read this issue on the Web:
http://www.gospelcom.net/guide/resource ... 04may1.php
If your email program does not offer you 'clickable links', this is the one
to use.

I also think you have a very interesting group and plan to add a link to it on my website.

Have a blessed day
Pamela

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

Nice, the site's first write-up. :) ... though I was the one that wrote it :blink:

I was wondering why there was a surge in members this past weekend. I guess this explains it.

When you've linked here, let me know and I can add a reciprocal link back to yours.

Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Chancellor

Re: Get tokens for referrals

Post #6

Post by Chancellor »

otseng wrote:There has been interest expressed in having another recruitment drive. Unfortunately, the referral tracking system is incompatible with the Profile Control, so there's no way to automatically track referrals.

So, we're going to try a manual referral system. This will be a temporary trial run to see how well this works. If it works well, then I might just make this a permanent thing.

Here's how it works:

If you refer someone to join, both of you post a message in this thread stating you two referred each other. When both of you have posted a message and each say who the other is, the referrer will get 100 tokens. There will also be no limit to the number of tokens one can receive. However, all members must be real members. If anyone cheats, I'll penalize with a fine of -200 tokens. All token credits (and penalties) will also be posted here.
Username t referred me.

otseng
Savant

Re: Get tokens for referrals

Post #7

Post by otseng »

Chancellor wrote:Username t referred me.
User t has been awarded 100 tokens.

perfessor
Scholar

Post #8

Post by perfessor »

What is a token anyway? I couldn't find it mentioned in the FAQ's.
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

otseng
Savant

Post #9

Post by otseng »

perfessor wrote:What is a token anyway? I couldn't find it mentioned in the FAQ's.

Tokens aren't a standard part of phpbb, so it's not part of the FAQ. However, I'll put that on my list of things to do and add it to the FAQ.

Tokens is just a number that you accrue for certain actions. Submitting posts in the debate category will increase your token count. Creating a new topic in the debate category will also increase your token count. Each members token count is shown under their avatar. Tokens can also get subtracted if sent to the probation room.

I've described a little bit more about tokens here. Eventually, you'll be able to buy stuff with your tokens.

NuclearTBag
Student

Referal from Yahweh

Post #10

Post by NuclearTBag »

Yahweh was kind enough to refer me to this message board