Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #1

Post by marco »

And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?

Wootah
Savant

Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #11

Post by Wootah »

marco wrote: And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?
Shut. the. gate.

Particularly as a Christian I don't want to fight - I want peace. I can't see any other solution right now.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

marco
Savant

Post #12

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:

The Muslims have every right to fight back against the violent invaders.
Technically yes. Muslims who have been sheltered in Europe don't have a right to murder children on the streets that have welcomed them. If they want to fight "invaders", they should go where the "invaders" are, but they will then be fighting Muslims.
JP Cusick wrote:
After that the Holy Lands remained in peace for some 700 years until 1917 when the white Christian invaders crusaded once again.
After Muhammad left the scene, the religion of peace forced countries under Islamic domination. Apostasy still results in murder. The Ottoman Empire was a war machine. When Constantinople was sacked by Ottoman Turks in 1453, Christian symbols were destroyed and the great cathedral of Sophia Hagia became a mosque. Islam would have overrun Europe had Christians not stopped its spread. Today, of course, the birth rate will do what the sword once did.

We should be careful what we wish for.

marco
Savant

Post #13

Post by marco »

Wootah wrote:

Shut. the. gate.

Particularly as a Christian I don't want to fight - I want peace. I can't see any other solution right now.
It was once a solution but no longer is, at least here in Europe. One of Britain's main exports today is Islamic terrorism, financed, nurtured and encouraged here in our green and pleasant land. Vast areas of Europe seethe with hatred of infidels, even though a great many Muslims have in fact settled in the West peacefully and productively. America may yet be able to use your idea, but political correctness is a barbed wire fence hard to cross.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #14

Post by JP Cusick »

Wootah wrote: Shut. the. gate.

That is wanting peace without justice.

That is a western attitude of comfort to thy self, and be damned for the other people.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

marco
Savant

Post #15

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:
That is wanting peace without justice.

That is a western attitude of comfort to thy self, and be damned for the other people.
Nothing of the sort! It is a simple recognition of evil. It doesn't take much mental energy to work out that the young savage who went around murdering in Barcelona and uttered some execrable words to a god on his blessed exit was not interested in American politics. He was indoctrinated by an evil Imam, sold some post mortem virgins, and slaughtered in the name of his deity. It does not help the situation if people make excuses for him: he was insane, he was led astray, he was sad about Syria, he was abused by an American oilman. He was evil and that is the end of the matter. He is dead and there is no rejoicing because a hundred, a thousand are waiting to serve their god in the same horrible way. Caligula wished Rome had one throat - it's a thought.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #16

Post by JP Cusick »

marco wrote: Nothing of the sort! It is a simple recognition of evil. It doesn't take much mental energy to work out that the young savage who went around murdering in Barcelona and uttered some execrable words to a god on his blessed exit was not interested in American politics. He was indoctrinated by an evil Imam, sold some post mortem virgins, and slaughtered in the name of his deity. It does not help the situation if people make excuses for him: he was insane, he was led astray, he was sad about Syria, he was abused by an American oilman. He was evil and that is the end of the matter. He is dead and there is no rejoicing because a hundred, a thousand are waiting to serve their god in the same horrible way. Caligula wished Rome had one throat - it's a thought.
You just sound exactly like the fake News on TV.

You are properly brainwashed and programmed as a western imperialist.

Otherwise known as an infidel.

Nothing you say is self generated thought, as it is just you preaching the untrue western propaganda.

As such you could be put onto prime time TV as a Patriot - but they do not let one as me on there to tell that the propaganda is just a bunch of lies.
SIGNATURE:

marco
Savant

Post #17

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:
You are properly brainwashed and programmed as a western imperialist.

Otherwise known as an infidel.

Nothing you say is self generated thought, as it is just you preaching the untrue western propaganda.
I think you are trying to say that I lack originality, that my thought processes have been infiltrated by "hidden persuaders." You deduce this from my condemnation of a killer terrorist. That is an impressive deduction. When terrorists enter our garden the advice is to invite them in for tea - if they don't first kill us. That, I agree, is original.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #18

Post by JP Cusick »

marco wrote: I think you are trying to say that I lack originality, that my thought processes have been infiltrated by "hidden persuaders."
That is partly correct except that the propaganda is not "hidden" as you are just repeating the fake News from TV which is the opposite of being hidden.

Properly brainwashed and programmed as a western imperialist.
marco wrote: You deduce this from my condemnation of a killer terrorist. That is an impressive deduction.
No, not your condemnation of the persons, but your hatred of their religion and your bigotry against their culture, and your blanket prejudice against Muslims.

You are not really condemning their side at all - you are just trying to justify the violent murders and atrocities done by our side against the innocent people of Islam in the middle east.
marco wrote: When terrorists enter our garden the advice is to invite them in for tea - if they don't first kill us. That, I agree, is original.
We the west and the USA are the ones who go into their lands and into their homes with our violent military to have the tea party at the expense of their lives.

The Islamic warriors have every right to strike back in any ways possible or available.
SIGNATURE:

marco
Savant

Post #19

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:
No, not your condemnation of the persons, but your hatred of their religion and your bigotry against their culture, and your blanket prejudice against Muslims.
I have expressed hatred of terrorism and dislike of some Islamic customs, such as stoning. I am happy to report that I enjoy a friendship with my local newsagent who is a Muslim.
JP Cusick wrote:
The Islamic warriors have every right to strike back in any ways possible or available.
If you, an American, can think like this, then it is hardly surprising that youths, misled by clerics perhaps, surrender their lives in killing innocent people. Even if we regarded America as you do, it is incorrect to make excuses for murderers. The French say: Tout comprendre, c'est tout pardoner but when we make up false pretexts we have no right to forgive on the basis of our erroneous reasoning. In this entire discussion you have not condemned Muslim killing Muslim (which has nothing to do with America); Muslims killing gay people; Muslims stoning aberrant girls. In some Muslim countries they have the death penalty for blasphemy. Is this an American lie?

You see things selectively and attribute total blame to America and her allies. Would you be better off in a Muslim theocracy. If you tried to use the same liberty of speech in the states you admire, you would not be speaking for too long.

You probably rejoiced, as I did, at the killing of the last terrorist thug in Spain. Perhaps you should ask whatever God serves you, to help us kill some more before they kill us. And when that's done, we can have the entente you crave.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #20

Post by JP Cusick »

marco wrote: I have expressed hatred of terrorism and dislike of some Islamic customs, such as stoning.
You and I did similar to this before:

I told of a medical procedure in the Bible and also medical references in the Qur'an and then you threw in the Kennedy assassination.

A + B does not equal C, instead A + B = ridiculous comparison.

I say the USA and puppets are unjustly bombing Islamic countries - and you say Muslims are stoning people.

A + B = ridiculous comparison.

We are not in Syria or Iraq or Somalia, Egypt, Libya or Afghanistan because they stone some people.

Our bombs kill far more people into the millions being murdered, and yet you say some one got stoned to death.

Being stoned to death is so terrible, but being blown up by a laser guided bomb from a remote control Drone - that is the righteous kind of murder. [Sarcasm]
marco wrote: In this entire discussion you have not condemned Muslim killing Muslim (which has nothing to do with America); Muslims killing gay people; Muslims stoning aberrant girls. In some Muslim countries they have the death penalty for blasphemy. Is this an American lie?
None of that has anything to do with the west invading Muslim Countries.

All of that is an expression of prejudice and bigotry, as if that were the justification for our violent aggression against those innocent people.

Americans kill other Americans at a very high rate every day, Americans kill homosexuals and they would kill many more if the Police were not in their way, and Americans are killing American girls all the time, and American Christians would kill for blasphemy if only those same Police were not in the way.

The western prejudice against Muslims and against Islamic Countries is not justified, but the propaganda preaches the hatred anyway.
marco wrote: Perhaps you should ask whatever God serves you, to help us kill some more before they kill us. And when that's done, we can have the entente you crave.
You are the one here calling on the Gods of murder to help do more killings.

I do call on the Gods of entente.
SIGNATURE: