How is science different then "feeling" God?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

How is science different then "feeling" God?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

How is observational science, being based on how we perceive our universe and how we make sense of those perceptions, any different then someone who believes in God because they "feel" his presence?

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #111

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:

Great question Tcg... Let me elaborate for you....
You don't need to explain it for me. You need to explain it to all involved in this discussion. Why have you change the subject while claiming to return to the original topic?
tcg... You, and anyone else, need to go back and reread my post... It is explained already... thanks

Tcg
Savant

Post #112

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Well you can call me dishonest,
Would you call misquoting another poster to be something other than dishonesty? If so, please explain how falsely attributing a statement to another poster is honest.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #113

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Would you call misquoting another poster to be something other than dishonesty? If so, please explain how falsely attributing a statement to another poster is honest.
That quote was my interpretation of your response...

Tcg
Savant

Post #114

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
tcg... You, and anyone else, need to go back and reread my post... It is explained already... thanks
No thanks needed. I am pointing out the fact that you have not adequately explained how this change of topic relates to your OP.

Tcg
Savant

Post #115

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
A quote is a direct repetition of what another poster has said. I never said what you misquoted me as saying.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #116

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
A quote is a direct repetition of what another poster has said. I never said what you misquoted me as saying.
Your right, I misused quotations ... It was my interpretation of your words...

Tcg
Savant

Post #117

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: Your right, I misused quotations ... It was my interpretation of your words...
No, you falsely quoted me as saying something I didn't say. Your so called "interpretation" is noting but a straw man and not the first one you have used in this discussion.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #118

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote: Your right, I misused quotations ... It was my interpretation of your words...
No, you falsely quoted me as saying something I didn't say. Your so called "interpretation" is noting but a straw man and not the first one you have used in this discussion.
Fine, i strawmanned you... and your position... by misinterpreting your words...

When you say
"Atheism is the lack of belief in god/gods/deities. Some people lack belief in god/gods/deities, so the definition of atheism is valid."

Care to elaborate on that quote to help explain to me what you are talking about and how this relates to what me and you were discussing?

Tcg
Savant

Post #119

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Fine, i strawmanned you... and your position... by misinterpreting your words...
No, Tart. You assigned to me a quote that I never made. That is misquoting. Your misinterpretation of my words is a different issue.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #120

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
No, Tart. You assigned to me a quote that I never made. That is misquoting. Your misinterpretation of my words is a different issue.
Right. I mistakenly miss used quotation-marks...

So when you say
"Atheism is the lack of belief in god/gods/deities. Some people lack belief in god/gods/deities, so the definition of atheism is valid."

Care to elaborate on that quote to help explain to me what you are talking about and how this relates to what me and you were discussing?