Evolution is stupid

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Evolution driving me BONKERS!

Post #1

Post by BigChrisfilm »

GOOD GRIEF WILL SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME PROOF OF EVOLUTION BEFORE I PUNCH MYSELF SQUARE IN THE FACE! LOL.

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #51

Post by harvey1 »

BigChrisfilm wrote:Evolution is NOT part of the Scientific Method, because it can not be observed, nor tested.
Your view of scientific methodology is skewed. You seem to be suggesting that science cannot be about those things that cannot be directly observed, but most of science is about those things that cannot be directly observed (e.g., particle physics, astronomy, etc.). Observation is usually indirect.
BigChrisfilm wrote:Explain to me why it is, because you have clearly got brainwashed into thinking this theory is true, when it isn't.
Ad hominem.
People say of the last day, that God shall give judgment. This is true. But it is not true as people imagine. Every man pronounces his own sentence; as he shows himself here in his essence, so will he remain everlastingly -- Meister Eckhart

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Re: Evolution is stupid

Post #52

Post by BigChrisfilm »

I don't see how you can say that. Here's the whole chapter:
16I also noticed that throughout the world there is evil in the courtroom. Yes, even the courts of law are corrupt! 17I said to myself, "In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds."

18Then I realized that God allows people to continue in their sinful ways so he can test them. That way, they can see for themselves that they are no better than animals. 19For humans and animals both breathe the same air, and both die. So people have no real advantage over the animals. How meaningless! 20Both go to the same place--the dust from which they came and to which they must return. 21For who can prove that the human spirit goes upward and the spirit of animals goes downward into the earth? 22So I saw that there is nothing better for people than to be happy in their work. That is why they are here! No one will bring them back from death to enjoy life in the future.

In this verse they are trying to show that these men think of themselves as nothing but animals. It says no one will bring them back from the dead, they are hopeless. This sounds alot like the views of today, don't you thinik. In fact, this whole verse sounds like us! It says we think of ourselves as nothing but animals, so we act like them. We do whatever we think it best, whatever brings us the most joy in this life, because we have no hope for the one to come.

Well, first of all, plants do not live. They don't have a life. Sure they act as a living organism, but the bible says blood is what causes life. Therefor, biblicly, plants are not alive.
There's no commas in the original text.

Doesn't matter. KJV is the infallible word of God, and if it has a comma so we can understand the original context, then it has a comma.

Okay, let's use the KJV:
And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. (Gen. 1:24)

Again, it is the earth doing the bringing forth of the creatures.

No it is God telling the earth to bring forth. You are leaving out the first part of the verse. If God tells the earth to do something, that is what the earth is going to do.

I think you ought to read Eccl. 3:18 very carefully. There is no simile. You ought to believe what the scripture says rather than what you want it to say. It seems that many people are offended by the fact that humans came from the dust of the ground. But, this is in fact what the scriptures say. If you say otherwise, then you've lost your way my friend.

You leave out God. God made man from the dust of the earth. You believe dirt made man from the dust of the eart. BIG differance. Like I said, I hope YOU read what I posted, and realize what he is saying. He is talking about you.

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #53

Post by harvey1 »

BigChrisfilm wrote:Well, why should I believe it? You act as if there is so much to choose from that you need to figure out just what I want before you can give me some. The fact is, there is none. Just one peice of evidence that we come from a different kind than a human. How about that.
Already you've been given a great deal of evidence for evolution, so until you start replying to those arguments you're losing credibility fast. If all you want is to believe in your pre-conceived religious view, then just say it. Just say that you are here not to really intelligently consider the evidence presented, but rather are here to ignore evidence presented while asking for evidence. No one wants to play that game, and it's eventually going to get you in trouble with the rules of debate that are provided for the context of this forum.
People say of the last day, that God shall give judgment. This is true. But it is not true as people imagine. Every man pronounces his own sentence; as he shows himself here in his essence, so will he remain everlastingly -- Meister Eckhart

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Post #54

Post by BigChrisfilm »

harvey1 wrote:
BigChrisfilm wrote:Evolution is NOT part of the Scientific Method, because it can not be observed, nor tested.
Your view of scientific methodology is skewed. You seem to be suggesting that science cannot be about those things that cannot be directly observed, but most of science is about those things that cannot be directly observed (e.g., particle physics, astronomy, etc.). Observation is usually indirect.
BigChrisfilm wrote:Explain to me why it is, because you have clearly got brainwashed into thinking this theory is true, when it isn't.
Ad hominem.
Please list to me the steps of the scientific method. I hope you know one of the steps is to observe, and test. If you can't do that, it is NOT the scientific method.

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #55

Post by harvey1 »

BigChrisfilm wrote:Doesn't matter. KJV is the infallible word of God, and if it has a comma so we can understand the original context, then it has a comma.
Okay, I get the picture. You're an atheist pretending to be a Christian. No Christian I know has ever called a translation infallible. We know your game. Goodbye.

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Post #56

Post by BigChrisfilm »

harvey1 wrote:
BigChrisfilm wrote:Well, why should I believe it? You act as if there is so much to choose from that you need to figure out just what I want before you can give me some. The fact is, there is none. Just one peice of evidence that we come from a different kind than a human. How about that.
Already you've been given a great deal of evidence for evolution, so until you start replying to those arguments you're losing credibility fast. If all you want is to believe in your pre-conceived religious view, then just say it. Just say that you are here not to really intelligently consider the evidence presented, but rather are here to ignore evidence presented while asking for evidence. No one wants to play that game, and it's eventually going to get you in trouble with the rules of debate that are provided for the context of this forum.
I see NO evidence in this thread, if you find some, please let me know about it. Until you give me some, you are going to have to put up or shut up. I can't disprove nothing friend. Give me something to disprove. The only thing that has been presented in this thread was bactiera becoming resistant to pestiside, which isn't even evolution in the first place.

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Post #57

Post by BigChrisfilm »

harvey1 wrote:
BigChrisfilm wrote:Doesn't matter. KJV is the infallible word of God, and if it has a comma so we can understand the original context, then it has a comma.
Okay, I get the picture. You're an atheist pretending to be a Christian. No Christian I know has ever called a translation infallible. We know your game. Goodbye.
LOL. WOW. Ok, I can list PLENTY of sites that make that claim.
Last edited by BigChrisfilm on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #59

Post by harvey1 »

BigChrisfilm wrote:
I read through your links, but I'm not completely satisfied. For example, here are some of the comments in those links:
Is the Authorized Version (AV) or the King James Version to be considered the perfect Word of God in the English language?... Obviously, the Authorized Version is not one and the same as the Original Autographs
We believe... that the King James Translation is the best English Translation of the Bible.
We believe the King James Version to be this Holy Bible, the inspired, preserved Word of God in the English language. We do not mean that the English language translators were inspired as they translated.
The Masoretic Text of the Old Testament and the Received Text of the New Testament (Textus Receptus) are those texts of the original languages we accept and use
We believe that the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts which underlie the King James Version (the Masoretic text of the Old Testament and the Textus Receptus of the New Testament) are the preserved words of God.
We believe that the Masoretic Text of the Old Testament and the Textus Receptus of the New Testament are the preserved Word of God. It is our practice to use only the King James Version.
I could have cited many more comments from your own links. Obviously there's people out there who make extreme claims such as the comma is divinely inspired because its in the KJV, but I've never met a Christian who has ever said such a thing.
BigChrisfilm wrote:Second of all, I am a christian, and you are not. Unless you are christian, keep your noise out of my religion please, lol.
Oh my. Oh my. Well, I can be glad that I am in the second largest Christian denomination in the world, and my church wants people to get their nose in the Christian religion. Why do you wish to keep people out of the Christian faith? Anyway, you're doing a good job at accomplishing that goal by your ad homs and quoting chapters in Ecclesiates that don't exist.
Last edited by harvey1 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #60

Post by harvey1 »

BigChrisfilm wrote:I see NO evidence in this thread, if you find some, please let me know about it. Until you give me some, you are going to have to put up or shut up. I can't disprove nothing friend. Give me something to disprove. The only thing that has been presented in this thread was bactiera becoming resistant to pestiside, which isn't even evolution in the first place.
Okay, I checked again, and only Juliod provided any evidence for evolution, and you did respond to that, so I apologize. In any case, the evidence for evolution should be discussed in the "Science and Religion" thread. I would provide evidence, but I'm really tired of your ad homs so with that I leave you. Have a nice life.