Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

A 6 Day Creation

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please offer evidence for a literal six day creation of the Universe.

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: A 6 Day Creation

Post #31

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:15 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:13 am ...
I don't much fret the probability of a six day creation, as I ask proponents thereof to show it occurred.
Why?
Are you so new to debate you don't even understand how it works?
the knowledge and understanding necessary to grasp this is beyond your ken.
How does insulting folks show there was a six day creation?
I and others can show you but you will not understand,
How can you know I can't understand something that's yet to be presented?
you can only see the world through the spectacles of your current views of it.
Is your evidence for a six day creation so convoluted ya gotta declare folks won't understand any of it - before ya even present it?
You can't understand...
What I can understand is you got more excuses than old lady Johnson' got goats.

and until God begins to open your mind you will not understand so stop asking over and over.
Of course I gotta wait on God, cause it's for sure you got nothing.
JK wrote: God belief is inherently tied to emotion, as we see when theists seek to impose their God's emotions (wants, morals, etc.) onto others.
No it isn't, again your own knowledge colors how you see things, is your knowledge perfect? have you ever reviewed your understanding of something? said to yourself "Oh, man, but I always thought..." if you have not then you have never learned anything, if you have experienced that then retain an open mind so that you can experience it again, that's how we learn.
How's I gonna ever learn on a six day creation when nobody can show it happened?
You are part of what's involved in understanding, you cannot extricate yourself from that reality, you must change how you think and until that happens God will seem like a joke, a delusion, made up stuff, that's how I used to see it.
God ain't near the joke your insults and excuses make you out to be.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #32

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:38 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:13 am ...
I don't much fret the probability of a six day creation, as I ask proponents thereof to show it occurred.
Why?
Are you so new to debate you don't even understand how it works?
the knowledge and understanding necessary to grasp this is beyond your ken.
How does insulting folks show there was a six day creation?
I and others can show you but you will not understand,
How can you know I can't understand something that's yet to be presented?
you can only see the world through the spectacles of your current views of it.
Is your evidence for a six day creation so convoluted ya gotta declare folks won't understand any of it - before ya even present it?
You can't understand...
What I can understand is you got more excuses than old lady Johnson' got goats.

and until God begins to open your mind you will not understand so stop asking over and over.
Of course I gotta wait on God, cause it's for sure you got nothing.
JK wrote: God belief is inherently tied to emotion, as we see when theists seek to impose their God's emotions (wants, morals, etc.) onto others.
No it isn't, again your own knowledge colors how you see things, is your knowledge perfect? have you ever reviewed your understanding of something? said to yourself "Oh, man, but I always thought..." if you have not then you have never learned anything, if you have experienced that then retain an open mind so that you can experience it again, that's how we learn.
How's I gonna ever learn on a six day creation when nobody can show it happened?
You are part of what's involved in understanding, you cannot extricate yourself from that reality, you must change how you think and until that happens God will seem like a joke, a delusion, made up stuff, that's how I used to see it.
God ain't near the joke your insults and excuses make you out to be.
I did not insult you, if you think I did then I suggest you discuss with a moderator, you are far too sensitive.

Each of lacks knowledge in many areas, I lack knowledge of ancient languages for example, many branches of mathematics and theoretical physics, if someone told me that "string theory is beyond my ken" I'd consider that a simple statement of truth. I do not have the knowledge and insights need to really grasp string theory, it is a fact.

If you don't know everything (which of course none of us do) then some of us will know things that are beyond some other person's ken, do you suffer from an inferiority complex?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:28 am I did not insult you, if you think I did then I suggest you discuss with a moderator, you are far too sensitive.
Yet again, you lie about what is clearly an attempt to insult.

Do you just simply have no honor? No integrity whatsoever?

Does your God pride himself on your insults? On your lies?

What is it about your brand of Christianity that has you insult folks, then lie about it?
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #34

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 am
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:28 am I did not insult you, if you think I did then I suggest you discuss with a moderator, you are far too sensitive.
No I did not.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 am Do you just simply have no honor? No integrity whatsoever?
I do, yes.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 am Does your God pride himself on your insults? On your lies?
I have not lied, if you feel insulted then report the post.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 am What is it about your brand of Christianity that has you insult folks, then lie about it?
Simple, I'm right and you're wrong and you don't like that.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:37 am
No I did not.
I stand by my assertion.

Declaring I don't understand something you refuse to present is to insult not only me, but anyone who seeks to better understand these issues.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 am Do you just simply have no honor? No integrity whatsoever?
I do, yes.
Kinda hard to trust a liar on that'n.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 am Does your God pride himself on your insults? On your lies?
Mods've indicated they ain't got time to chase all this down.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:53 am What is it about your brand of Christianity that has you insult folks, then lie about it?
Lomfpoc.

Your insults and lies are well documented.

That you'd continue to lie about that fact is to be expected.

Just face it, when you can't refute an argument, you just throw up insults and lies in a dooficitiously inspired attempt to mask the failure/s within your alleged logic.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #36

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:50 am
No I did not.
I stand by my assertion.

Declaring I don't understand something you refuse to present is to insult not only me, but anyone who seeks to better understand these issues.
I do, yes.
Lomfpoc.

Just face it, when you can't refute an argument, you just throw up insults and lies in a dooficitiously inspired attempt to mask the failure/s within your alleged logic.
Must you keep whining on and on and on Joey? please, give it a rest man.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #37

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:26 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:50 am
No I did not.
I stand by my assertion.

I do, yes.
Lomfpoc.

Must you keep whining on and on and on Joey? please, give it a rest man.

I don't doubt you tire of having your insulting ways pointed out to you.
-Punkinhead Martin

otseng
Savant

Post #38

Post by otseng »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:28 am I did not insult you, if you think I did then I suggest you discuss with a moderator,

you are far too sensitive.
do you suffer from an inferiority complex?
:warning: Moderator Warning

That's fine to explain that you did not intend to insult. But, don't then just turn around and actually attack another.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #39

Post by alexxcJRO »

You can't understand and until God begins to open your mind you will not understand so stop asking over and over.

Q: What is this, huh? :confused2:
In order for one to understand, believe that God exists, God needs to exist in order to open one minds and show God exists.
Q: Circular reasoning? Convoluted nonsensical presuppositional garbage? :chuckel: :blink:
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

Sherlock Holmes

Post #40

alexxcJRO wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:23 am

You can't understand and until God begins to open your mind you will not understand so stop asking over and over.

Q: What is this, huh? :confused2:
In order for one to understand, believe that God exists, God needs to exist in order to open one minds and show God exists.
Q: Circular reasoning? Convoluted nonsensical presuppositional garbage? :chuckel: :blink:
No, you don't understand some of what I say and that's because nobody can understand God or even consider God exists until and unless God enables that.

I did not understand and I was an atheist only God could change that and he does that all of us at a time of his choosing.

What is it about this that you regard as "circular reasoning"?