Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Amos Ministries
Student
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #1

Post by Amos Ministries »

Image

Submitting to your husband is an act of obedience to God’s word. ⁠

Ephesians 5:22 – Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.⁠

Colossian 3:18 – Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.⁠

1 Peter 3:1-6 – Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. ⁠

A wife who is respectful and submissive to her husband is of great worth to God. ⁠

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.⁠

A woman who is not afraid to obey God and submit to her husband is virtuous and priceless in her husband’s eyes.⁠

Proverbs 31:10 – Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.⁠

User avatar
Miles
Prodigy
Posts: 3350
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 926 times

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #2

Post by Miles »

Amos Ministries wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:26 pm Image

Submitting to your husband is an act of obedience to God’s word. ⁠
I agree.

Image


.

Amos Ministries
Student
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #3

Post by Amos Ministries »

I don’t agree with the whip analogy.

Online
User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7143
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1271 times
Been thanked: 1501 times

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Amos Ministries wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:15 pm I don’t agree with the whip analogy.
If a husband were to use a whip to strike his wife, would you consider that something a wife shouldn't submit to? If not then it is a perfect analogy.


Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

benchwarmer
Guru
Posts: 2103
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1346 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #5

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to Amos Ministries in post #1]

Actual husbands are wise to submit to their wives. There's a reason we all learn "Yes dear!" :)

Ok, that was a bit tongue in cheek, but does have some truth to it. Real love is a 2 way street. The image portrayed in the Bible is not real love IMO. What it is, is codifying the way men treated women in the times the various Bible documents were written. I smell no whiff of a real god's wisdom in most of it.

For some reason, Amos Ministries seems really bent on spamming this site with reasons wives should submit and put up with whatever comes their way. Thankfully this preaching will not simply be swallowed here. We are not in your church and after reading these posts would have no reason to want to step in one of them.

User avatar
Miles
Prodigy
Posts: 3350
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 926 times

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #6

Post by Miles »

Amos Ministries wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:15 pm I don’t agree with the whip analogy.
It's not an analogy, but a characterization of the kind of submission husbands can demand of their wives. If a husband wants to whip his wife she has to comply, and if a husband wants his really godly wife to expose herself in public she has to comply because "really godly wives trust god and submit to their husbands."

And without exception.




.

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 817 times

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #7

Post by nobspeople »

Miles wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:51 pm
Amos Ministries wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:15 pm I don’t agree with the whip analogy.
It's not an analogy, but a characterization of the kind of submission husbands can demand of their wives. If a husband wants to whip his wife she has to comply, and if a husband wants his really godly wife to expose herself in public she has to comply because "really godly wives trust god and submit to their husbands."

And without exception.




.
I've always found it amusing how modern day preachers can take these very literal words and twist them to become symbolic or whatnot, bending to the will of society and or common sense, while retaining many literal teachings because it fits with their own, internal desires and wants.
The bible seems to evolve along side society.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
Miles
Prodigy
Posts: 3350
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 926 times

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #8

Post by Miles »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:04 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:51 pm
Amos Ministries wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:15 pm I don’t agree with the whip analogy.
It's not an analogy, but a characterization of the kind of submission husbands can demand of their wives. If a husband wants to whip his wife she has to comply, and if a husband wants his really godly wife to expose herself in public she has to comply because "really godly wives trust god and submit to their husbands."

And without exception.




.
I've always found it amusing how modern day preachers can take these very literal words and twist them to become symbolic or whatnot, bending to the will of society and or common sense, while retaining many literal teachings because it fits with their own, internal desires and wants.
The bible seems to evolve along side society.
And it's all done with the uncritical Christian masses nodding their heads in agreement. The degree to which Christians automatically agree with everything that spews from pulpits is astonishing. It's like "I can't, or am unwilling to, think for myself so whatever you say is just fine."


.

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 817 times

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #9

Post by nobspeople »

Miles wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:24 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:04 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:51 pm
Amos Ministries wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:15 pm I don’t agree with the whip analogy.
It's not an analogy, but a characterization of the kind of submission husbands can demand of their wives. If a husband wants to whip his wife she has to comply, and if a husband wants his really godly wife to expose herself in public she has to comply because "really godly wives trust god and submit to their husbands."

And without exception.




.
I've always found it amusing how modern day preachers can take these very literal words and twist them to become symbolic or whatnot, bending to the will of society and or common sense, while retaining many literal teachings because it fits with their own, internal desires and wants.
The bible seems to evolve along side society.
And it's all done with the uncritical Christian masses nodding their heads in agreement. The degree to which Christians automatically agree with everything that spews from pulpits is astonishing. It's like "I can't, or am unwilling to, think for myself so whatever you say is just fine."


.
Critical, individualized thinking isn't necessary for Christianity. Fact is, it seems to be frowned upon more often than not. [-X Unless, it helps further their own cause. \:D/ Then it's fine. :confused2:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
Purple Knight
Guru
Posts: 2112
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 668 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Real Godly Wives Submit To Their Husbands

Post #10

Post by Purple Knight »

Amos Ministries wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:26 pmA wife who is respectful and submissive to her husband is of great worth to God. ⁠
Unlike everyone else here, I don't really have a problem with one gender being higher than the other. With lions, males are the stars, and with hyenas it's the other way round. Who cares? Not I.

I do recognise, however, that you've given married women two masters. So what happens if you're a married woman, and your husband orders you to commit blasphemy? I suspect, the woman loses no matter what and that's the intention. To me, that crosses the line from patriarchy and a pecking order, to outright sadism.

"Obey God first and your husband second," is harsh but in every way workable. But "just obey both, even if they're in conflict, make it work" is not. It's sadism.

Post Reply