Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

muhammad rasullah
Sage

Post #1

Post by muhammad rasullah »

bernee51 wrote:
Ilias Ahmad wrote:
Evidence of god and the supernatural? There is none. You are the one claiming your god exists and is the only god. How about you have a go at substantiating that claim.
Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) is the proof of God.
This is not proof of anything but your beleif. How is a pedophile proof of god?
Muhammad is not a pedophile! Besides your existence is proof that God exists. How did you get here?
Bismillahir rahmaanir Raheem \"In The Name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful\"

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #21

Post by JoeyKnothead »

So by reading this thread I can come to two conclusions...

1- Muhammed was a pedophile, and his pedophilia was sanctioned by his followers.

2- Christianity has some pretty gross things going on as well

Make that three conclusions...

3- I would have none of either.

It is so easy to find offsetting scripture in religion.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by Zzyzx »

muhammad rasullah wrote:Okay fine now do you have a comment about the post?
Do you agree that plagiarism is dishonest?

My comment is that a "prophet" that exhibits pedophilia is as reprehensible as a priest that does the same thing – or worse since he purports to be a direct representative of a “god�.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Beto

Re: Problem with Christianity: Trinity

Post #23

Post by Beto »

muhammad rasullah wrote:Really! so what else does your christian God consider to be a sin?
Who exactly are you addressing here? I'm not sure where Word_Swordsman stands, but everyone else in this thread is either atheist or non-theist. Rest assured the "Christian God" is, from my perspective at least, as morally corrupt (by its own criteria) as Allah or his prophets. Tu Quoque is never a reasonable resource, especially not for us.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Defining the words.

Post #24

Post by McCulloch »

muhammad rasullah wrote:Now what is a paedophile?
Why not use a definition rather than the observations of a clinician?

ped·o·phile (pěd'ə-fīl', pē'də-)
  • noun. An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Ilias Ahmad
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by Ilias Ahmad »

An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.
Now you must define what is a child. No two cultures seem to recognize a universal age when someone stops being a child and becomes an adult.

Islam takes the biological view, that a child ceases to be a child at the onset of puberty. The onset of puberty varies from region to region due to temperature and other circumstances. Generally, in warmer climates children mature faster than in cooler climates. Thus it is not uncommon for "children" in warmer climatic regions of the world to give birth:

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #26

Post by OnceConvinced »

Mohammed was definitely a paedophile. Even if he didn't have sex with her (which I find hard to believe), it was still morally bankrupt of him to marry a child, just as it is for other muslims to do this. It will always be the reason why I could never seriously consider becoming a Muslim. It's reprehensible to marry children. Mohammed should have stuck with some his own age.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Ilias Ahmad
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by Ilias Ahmad »

Now you must define what is a child. No two cultures seem to recognize a universal age when someone stops being a child and becomes an adult.

Islam takes the biological view, that a child ceases to be a child at the onset of puberty. The onset of puberty varies from region to region due to temperature and other circumstances. Generally, in warmer climates children mature faster than in cooler climates. Thus it is not uncommon for "children" in warmer climatic regions of the world to give birth:
So the question arises what is the proof that Aisha herself had reached puberty at the age of nine when her marriage was consummated with the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam)?

The proof is in her own statement: Narrated 'Aisha: "I had seen my parents following Islam since I attained the age of puberty." (Sahih al Bukhari: Kitabus salat)

The parents of Aisha, most notably her father, Hazrat Abu Bakr, was the first adult man who embraced Islam, he was the Prophet's closest and most beloved companion, therefore Aisha's marriage with the Prophet, or at least the consummation of the marriage had to have occurred after she attained puberty.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #28

Post by Goat »

Ilias Ahmad wrote:

Of course, that doesn't seem to take into account the HEALTH of the girl giving birth. Even though she might be mensrating, if she is not developed well enough, she could get medical problems that will effect her the rest of her life

But , that doesn't seem to be a concern for you at all..
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #29

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

OnceConvinced wrote:It's reprehensible to marry children. Mohammed should have stuck with some his own age.
As muslims like to point out, people did that all the time in that culture and at that time. However, if you tie it to the cultural context, it hardly makes him a universal man of god to be followed for all time, does it? :-k
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Ilias Ahmad wrote:

For those whose English ain't so great, the headline reads Thai officials SHOCKEDto hear of 9 year old becoming mother.

The headline which you choose to use to support your position is what is commonly called FAIL. The fact that the Thai 'officials' are shocked clearly shows this is not a normal situation.

Regardless of whether she has pubic hair, or is capable of reproducing, the act of forcing a young girl into marriage is heinous. The act of offering one's child-daughter as a political, religious, or bargaining chip is wrong. The act of accepting the child is wrong.

Its easy to say this is just a clash of cultures, but I sure don't want a culture forced on me that would allow some dude who was into pedophilia to rule over everyone. What is it about religion that attracts pedophiles? Is it the easy access to impressionable young children? This is even more ludicrous with those religions that claim 'teh gays' are trying to indoctrinate the children into being gay.

I would at least expect you to gloss over it and try to change the subject. To defend this sickening practice is inexcusable.