The Sound Of Silence

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10561
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 504 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

The Sound Of Silence

Post #1

Post by William »

Image

Q: Can Silence Actually Drive You Crazy?



If anything, sound is more likely to drive one crazy, than silence.

A personality will use their brains to fill the silence with the sound of their inner voice and these sounds can translate to pictures [visions aka hallucinations] on the mind screen.

Q: If silence could make someone crazy, how is it that this does not occur to deaf people?

My A: There is other stimuli [visual] which the personality can focus on.

Observation:

In the video, the Silence Room is also made completely dark.

The only sound made is whatever the persons body produces. Non-sound still heard by the personality as sound, is accomplished through the internal voice of [which is largely of] the personality itself.

Deaf people might experience that inner voice more through the visual aspect of the 'inner voice' re "a picture paints a thousand words" and words being 'sounds'.
Blind people, the other way around.

Just as blind folk can feel objects which in turn gives them "pictures" of the object in their mind, perhaps deaf people can 'hear' through the vibrations that things produce, and create "sounds" in their minds through that process?

We know that sound produces order from chaos.

The Evidence:

Sample One:


Sample Two:



A Theist Claim:

"We exist within a Creation and The Creator used Sound to create and maintain the Universe."

The Evidence:

Sample One:

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." ~ Genesis 1:3

Sample Two:



Conclusion:
FOR DEBATE:

Sound Creates The Universe.

Theism taught this before science proved it to be the truth.

Once again. Nature has surprised us, beyond our wildest imagination.

User avatar
tam
Savant
Posts: 5585
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 208 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #21

Post by tam »

William wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:31 pm
tam wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:52 pm [Replying to William in post #18]

I'm not interested in that link, William, thank you. Why would I turn to something or someone other than Christ to understand the scriptures, when He is the key to understanding them?
What makes you claim that the Hebrew Language is 'other than Christ' tam? Do you not refer to your Lord in the Hebrew?
Are you sure you're not reading more into my statement than what I wrote?

"Other than" - as in - is not. Christ is not the Hebrew language. Christ is a person. The Hebrew language is not a person, just as English is not a person, or Latin or Greek. As well, Christ is the Truth, and the language that He speaks is truth (regardless of whether that is in English or Hebrew or French or Farsi or Korean). On the other hand, lies can be told in the Hebrew language (as well as in any other language).


Peace again.

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10561
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 504 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #22

Post by William »

tam wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:48 pm
William wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:31 pm
tam wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:52 pm [Replying to William in post #18]

I'm not interested in that link, William, thank you. Why would I turn to something or someone other than Christ to understand the scriptures, when He is the key to understanding them?
What makes you claim that the Hebrew Language is 'other than Christ' tam? Do you not refer to your Lord in the Hebrew?
Are you sure you're not reading more into my statement than what I wrote?

"Other than" - as in - is not. Christ is not the Hebrew language. Christ is a person. The Hebrew language is not a person, just as English is not a person, or Latin or Greek. As well, Christ is the Truth, and the language that He speaks is truth (regardless of whether that is in English or Hebrew or French or Farsi or Korean). On the other hand, lies can be told in the Hebrew language (as well as in any other language).


Peace again.
What lies are you referring to tam? What truth are you referring to, for that matter.

The link I gave you was to an internal thread in the Seminary Life sub-forum.

Am I to understand that your lack of interest in viewing the freely available information in the thread I linked, is something you personally have no interest in? If so, how is that equivalent to ישוע also not been interested?
Is ישוע telling you that it is lies?

Or is your lack of interest to do with something else?

The content of that thread is examining actual facts [truth] tam. If Christ is Truth, then facts are of Christ.

User avatar
tam
Savant
Posts: 5585
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 208 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #23

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

William, you are reading FAR more into what I said, than what is there.
William wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:31 pm
tam wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:48 pm
William wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:31 pm
tam wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:52 pm [Replying to William in post #18]

I'm not interested in that link, William, thank you. Why would I turn to something or someone other than Christ to understand the scriptures, when He is the key to understanding them?
What makes you claim that the Hebrew Language is 'other than Christ' tam? Do you not refer to your Lord in the Hebrew?
Are you sure you're not reading more into my statement than what I wrote?

"Other than" - as in - is not. Christ is not the Hebrew language. Christ is a person. The Hebrew language is not a person, just as English is not a person, or Latin or Greek. As well, Christ is the Truth, and the language that He speaks is truth (regardless of whether that is in English or Hebrew or French or Farsi or Korean). On the other hand, lies can be told in the Hebrew language (as well as in any other language).


Peace again.
What lies are you referring to tam?


Any lie, William. It is simply a fact that one can lie in any language. How can one lie though, in the language of truth? That would not make sense. I explained this in order to help demonstrate how Christ is not the Hebrew language, because for some reason you asked me why I claimed the Hebrew language is 'other than Christ'. You keep asking questions as if I am implying some hidden thing. I'm not.
The link I gave you was to an internal thread in the Seminary Life sub-forum.

Am I to understand that your lack of interest in viewing the freely available information in the thread I linked, is something you personally have no interest in?


Yes. For the simple reason I stated.


Peace again to you.

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10561
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 504 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #24

Post by William »

"The Truth" is an interesting subject tam, and one I enjoy investigating.

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10561
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 504 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #25

Post by William »

There are branches of Judaism which teach more than opinion, such as that God does not actually have a voice-box and the 'sound' God makes to create with, is not produced in that way - the sound is an internal happening, within the Mind of The Creator.

This is further evidenced by the particular meanings associated with the Hebrew Language specifically, as each letter of the Hebrew alphabet has a comprehensive meaning attached to it, which itself is not included in the common interpretations mentioned by you as Judaism and Christianity teach, as the bible first tells it.

There is complex meaning behind each of the words used in Hebrew script. Without that knowledge, one cannot read the OT in the actual way it was written to mean.
The above happens to be The Truth tam. Why then would you think מָשִׁיחַ would not be interested in all things which are The Truth?

Furthermore, why would anyone think that just because they themselves are not interested in all things which are The Truth, that מָשִׁיחַ would also not be interested?

User avatar
tam
Savant
Posts: 5585
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 208 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #26

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
[Replying to William in post #25]

Why then would you think מָשִׁיחַ would not be interested in all things which are The Truth?

Furthermore, why would anyone think that just because they themselves are not interested in all things which are The Truth, that מָשִׁיחַ would also not be interested?
Why are you asking me these questions, William? What do they have to do with me or with anything I said?

(As to what you claim to be truth, I already responded in my first post to you, post 15 I think)

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10561
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 504 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #27

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #19]
are you sure it is a fact that what you described is the way the scriptures were meant to be read? Or is someone just stating that it is a fact?
I am sure enough that it is the case, as the evidence presents the facts tam.
This is ongoing re subject matter [Creation of the Universe Through Sound - example Genesis 1:3] and can be viewed in the Thread;
The Effect of Sound and The Universe

Facts are the same as The Truth.

Certainly, facts need other facts in order to get the depth required in order for exclamations to be more than simply platitudes.
Once exclamations evolve into claims, they do so due to accompanying information which allows for the depth of vision to show the viewer supporting evidence re the claim.

Then one can further examine the explanation of the claimant re the claim, and discern at that point any Truth therein.

Until that point, platitudes are simply exclamations with no depth and even if the claim is "מָשִׁיחַ is The Truth" or "I am the obedient sheep of ישוע", they contain no evidence of The Truth simply by being stated.

Since such cannot be viewed as actual claims, they require no accompanying evidence, [which is just as well, since they are not designed with supporting evidence in mind] - they can be treated as the simple platitudes that they are and nothing more. Certainly they need not be treated as "The Truth".

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10561
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 504 times
Been thanked: 1152 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #28

Post by William »

The KEY to understanding the scriptures is Christ. I mean, He is the Word of [the LORD] who came to the prophets (Jeremiah 1:2, and many others), so He would know what He and His Father meant.
I have not argued otherwise. What I can say is that such platitudes on their own, cannot be referred to as "The Truth". See my previous post re that.

I can of course take the meaning "The Word of [the LORD]" as being fundamental to the subject matter, while exploring the most likely language The Creator used in order to Create with. What language was spoken in the Mind of The Creator?

He would know what Language His Father Spoke, I shall presume. Do you know the answer to the question?

Has your mind been opened to "understand the Scriptures"?

I myself do not diligently search the scriptures because I think that by them, I will have eternal life.
What I do is search for The Truth, and where I find it, I add it to The Truth I already know of. It is a process, and one in which biblical Jesus appears to endorse.
The formula goes like this;

IF
The platitude "Christ is The Truth" is Truth.

THEN
Everything which is "The Truth" is "Christ"

Therefore, this also means that Christ is more than a "person" because The Truth is more than "People"

Post Reply