Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #31

Post by brianbbs67 »

I would just say this question is one I have asked my self. So much so, I read the Tanahk Then the New testament in order. Everything seemed to "Jibe" until Acts. Then, I have lots of questions without complete answers. Although, Revelation seems to aafirm the changes. i still wonder. I do not question God, His son, or Spirit. Men, who wrote an oral tradition , much later, I do. Doesn't mean anything is wrong, But doesn't mean everything is Verbatim either.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he

Post #32

Post by OnceConvinced »

Checkpoint wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards
He didn't declare him trustworthy or untrustworthy.

However, he did say this:

Acts 9:

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man [Paul] is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.
16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.�
I wonder who endorsed Ananias as a trustworthy person. Can we really know he was hearing from Jesus? I also wonder if we can trust the writer of this story, who clearly wasn't Ananias. Did he get the facts right? How did he know about this conversation?

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #33

Post by paarsurrey1 »

OnceConvinced wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards
He didn't declare him trustworthy or untrustworthy.

However, he did say this:

Acts 9:

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man [Paul] is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.
16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.�
I wonder who endorsed Ananias as a trustworthy person. Can we really know he was hearing from Jesus? I also wonder if we can trust the writer of this story, who clearly wasn't Ananias. Did he get the facts right? How did he know about this conversation?
It is very clear that Paul faked the vision, the only witness of the event he quoted (Ananias) did not write anything about the event, so Paul faked the vision and also faked the witness. Right, please?

Regards

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #34

Post by brianbbs67 »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
Regards
It is very clear that Paul faked the vision, the only witness of the event he quoted (Ananias) did not write anything about the event, so Paul faked the vision and also faked the witness. Right, please?

Regards
There was a whole group with Saul. They all saw the bright light but were not blinded and only Saul/Paul heard the voice.

Monta
Guru

Post #35

Post by Monta »

brianbbs67 wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
Regards

Regards
There was a whole group with Saul. They all saw the bright light but were not blinded and only Saul/Paul heard the voice.
The voice Paul heard was meant for him not others.
To come out and make statement that Paul faked the vision, you have to give some evidence. We can not accept it just because yu say so.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #36

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 35 by Monta]
To come out and make statement that Paul faked the vision, you have to give some evidence. We can not accept it just because you say so.
Did Jesus or Moses become blind when they heard voice of YHWH, please?
Regards

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #37

Post by brianbbs67 »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 35 by Monta]
To come out and make statement that Paul faked the vision, you have to give some evidence. We can not accept it just because you say so.
Regards
Not according to scripture. But, that really means little as evidence. God disciplines us all differently.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #38

Post by paarsurrey1 »

brianbbs67 wrote:
Regards
Not according to scripture. But, that really means little as evidence. God disciplines us all differently.
God disciplines us all differently.
Please quote one's source. Right, please?
Regards

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #39

Post by brianbbs67 »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
Regards
God disciplines us all differently.
Please quote one's source. Right, please?
Regards
I would say the entire Bible. Everyone doesn't receive the same blesssing or punishments. So, it is different for everyone how God interacts.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by Justin108 »

Regards
No. So what? When did the Bible claim that all who speaks to God will go blind? Just because it happened to Paul doesn't mean it has to happen to everyone else God communicates with.