Alright Z, you have made some remarkable commentaries again in your last post. But let's consider that as parts of your debating style.
It's time to walk the talk and put all the nonsense away.
Agreed structure and guiding principles/proceedings to be used for this debate.
Establish the grounds for ID as a valid concept
-Post 1: ST_JB Presents Evidence and Arguments
-Post 2: Zzyzx's rebuttal
-Post 3: ST_JB's response to the rebuttal
-Post 4: Zzyzx's final rebuttal
Establish the grounds for rejecting ID as a valid concept
-Post 1: Zzyzx's Presents Evidence and Arguments
-Post 2: ST_JB's rebuttal
-Post 3: Zzyzx's response to the rebuttal
-Post 4: ST_JB's final rebuttal
ST_JB's Arguments as to why the ID is more probable and is better supported than Zzyzx'x " grounds" for rejecting it. (1 Post)
Zzyzx's grounds for rejecting ID as a valid concept. (1 Post)
BOTH participants are expected to present valid and verifiable sources as Evidence or Proof of any claims or statements they make as stipulated in Rule No. 5 of the 'Debate Forum Intro and Rules'
, to wit:
5. Support your assertions/arguments with evidence. Do not make blanket statements that are not supportable by logic/evidence.
Scope and Delimitation:
Although ID has the claim for this debate, the discussions need not to be confined to attacking the concept of ID alone (by claiming to have "critical & analytical" questions as a position to hold against ID) but also to the validity of Zzyzx's grounds for rejecting the ID concept:
Intelligent Design as a valid concept to explain the origin of the universe and its contents;
The validity of Zzyzx's "grounds" for rejecting the ID as a valid concept.
2. Delimitation -
This debate and all of its proceedings shall cover ID and its valid "grounds" for rejection only.
3. Add-ons rules for debate:
The use of available school of thoughts and techniques should not be compromised. In other words, debaters can use available resources, provided that the essence of the discussion be sustained. Or as Zzyzx puts it: "Evidence presented shall be verifiable regarding truth and accuracy"
Any objection to arguments/proof/evidence as a form of fallacy or violation of forum rules shall be evaluated by a non-partisan third party (moderators) upon submission of complaint. Or as Zzyzx puts it: Any objections or complaints by either participant will be evaluated by Moderators -- whose rulings shall prevail.
Participants may employ all known school of thoughts / scientific techniques / science or logical analysis in support to their arguments. Or as Zzyzx wants to put it: "Evidence presented shall be verifiable regarding truth and accuracy"
Debate to be closely moderated by two moderators. One moderator will be invited by each participant from the list of admin and moderators. They will closely monitor for content as well as rule infraction and will make comments as they deem appropriate.
Strict adherence to forum rules http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6
Strict adherence to "Guidelines for C&A subforum" http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... php?t=9741
Specifically, the bible shall NOT be regarded as authoritative and shall not be cited except to show what the bible says.
In Addition to the above, the following shall also be observed:
1) NO personal comments allowed.
2) Debate is to consist of a total of five posts each â€“ alternating
3) No post shall exceed 1000 words including quotations
4) A response is to be posted within five calendar days (120 hours) unless delay is agreed
5) Substantiate all claims and statements challenged OR acknowledge inability or unwillingness and withdraw the claim or statement in the next post.
6) Discuss ideas, not personalities or participants. Do not make any personal comments. **This is same as No. 1.
7) Standard English definitions of words shall prevail (no special, personal or esoteric definitions allowed). Merriam Webster Dictionary shall prevail. Any exceptions shall be by mutual agreement in advance.
8) Circular reasoning is not permitted (no work shall be cited to prove itself correct)