Are Egg Consumers Pro Abortion?

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7163
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 1518 times

Are Egg Consumers Pro Abortion?

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

Are Egg Consumers Pro Abortion?

User avatar
Divine Insight
Savant
Posts: 18080
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Here & Now
Been thanked: 15 times

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

I'm not "Pro Abortion", but I am "Pro Choice". :D

And yes, sometimes I do choose to consume eggs. In fact, I enjoy them very much. Sometimes I'll boil up a dozen and put them back in the fridge after they are nice and hard boiled. They make a great cold snack in the hot summertime.

In fact, I haven't actually done that in a while. Thanks for reminding me. 8-)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Wootah
Savant
Posts: 7977
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 am
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Are Egg Consumers Pro Abortion?

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 1 by Tcg]

Eating animal meat or produce has no relationship to a person's value of human life. So you would not expect egg consumers to be pro abortion.

But vegans seem to be making specific morality claims about all life being valuable (which is why I asked vegans to better understand them).

Good luck with your inquiry. I hope you come to see the lack of value I see in your question.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

Looking for head to head debates, especially on contradictions or the Trinity. PM me your topic.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Edit preferences to remove all the fluff: ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

User avatar
bluethread
Savant
Posts: 9133
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

Though I do take pleasure in eating eggs and chicken, I do not approve of abortion on demand any more than I believe in killing people, just because they are inconvenient. Good comparison, fertilized chicken eggs are chickens, just a fertilize human eggs are humans.

User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7163
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 1518 times

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Divine Insight wrote: I'm not "Pro Abortion", but I am "Pro Choice". :D
Thanks for including that important distinction.

And yes, sometimes I do choose to consume eggs. In fact, I enjoy them very much. Sometimes I'll boil up a dozen and put them back in the fridge after they are nice and hard boiled. They make a great cold snack in the hot summertime.
That sounds like a great time saver too!

In fact, I haven't actually done that in a while. Thanks for reminding me. 8-)
Your welcome.

As a follow up, do you see any connection between your egg consumption and your views on abortion?

User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7163
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 1518 times

Re: Are Egg Consumers Pro Abortion?

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote:
Good luck with your inquiry.
Thanks, and in that spirit, do you consume eggs?

I hope you come to see the lack of value I see in your question.
It's proving quite informative and in more ways than I could have imagined.

User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7163
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 1518 times

Post #7

Post by Tcg »

bluethread wrote:
Good comparison, fertilized chicken eggs are chickens,
I see. You specialize in fertilized eggs. Where do you obtain them?

Wootah
Savant
Posts: 7977
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 am
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Are Egg Consumers Pro Abortion?

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 6 by Tcg]

Yes I eat eggs. But how do you possibly not quote the meat of my post (pun intended)?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

Looking for head to head debates, especially on contradictions or the Trinity. PM me your topic.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Edit preferences to remove all the fluff: ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7163
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 1518 times

Re: Are Egg Consumers Pro Abortion?

Post #9

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 6 by Tcg]

Yes I eat eggs.
Great. We are getting a good representative of egg consumers. Thanks for your reply.

User avatar
bluethread
Savant
Posts: 9133
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Post #10

Post by bluethread »

Tcg wrote:
bluethread wrote:
Good comparison, fertilized chicken eggs are chickens,
I see. You specialize in fertilized eggs. Where do you obtain them?
I gathered that was your point. However, I probably eat mostly unfertilized eggs. The same principle applies. Unfertilized chicken eggs are not chickens and unfertilized human egg is not a humans.

Post Reply