Happy Anniversary?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

myth-one.com
Savant

Happy Anniversary?

Post #1

Post by myth-one.com »

Today, June 20th 2009, is the eighth anniversary of the sacrifice Andrea Yates made for her children. Had she not murdered them, Noah would be 15 years old, John would be 13, Paul 11, Luke 10, and Mary would be 8. Instead, they were murdered by their mother so they would go immediately to live with God eternally in the paradise of heaven, thus avoiding the possibility of eternal torment in hellfire.

Is this a victory for Christianity?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #151

Post by ttruscott »

Bust Nak wrote:
Ted wrote:IF we are to be free from the evil that causes our suffering, then they must be banished from our reality. Heaven cannot be eternal bliss if it contains eternal evil. By the time of the final judgment, all those who are temporarily evil who can repent will have totally repented and come to accept the necessity of cleansing their whole house (reality) from all leaven (evil).
Or God can just mess with their free will to avoid all these.
Yes HE could. My answer as to why HE would not mess with their free will is that the final culmination of our creation and the eradication of evil from this reality is to be a wedding based upon love which can only arise from the free will of the participants.

Of course the options would be, if HE messed with the free will of the eternally evil ones to stop their evil we would have those in the heavenly state of telepathic communion of both emotional and intellectual content and those who are not a part of the marriage but wandering around like Stepford zombies being coerced into being nice to everyone or their banishment from this reality.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #152

Post by Bust Nak »

ttruscott wrote: Yes HE could. My answer as to why HE would not mess with their free will is that the final culmination of our creation and the eradication of evil from this reality is to be a wedding based upon love which can only arise from the free will of the participants.
So be more selective, mess with the free will of Satan while leaving those who want to be married to God to their own free will, which seems to be what you are suggested below.
Of course the options would be, if HE messed with the free will of the eternally evil ones to stop their evil we would have those in the heavenly state of telepathic communion of both emotional and intellectual content and those who are not a part of the marriage but wandering around like Stepford zombies being coerced into being nice to everyone...
And that does not sound like a win-win to you? Like I said - better for everyone.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #153

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 145 by ttruscott]
Better for who? Sin corrupts and the end of unchecked sin is total corruption.
According to Genesis, God walked and talked with Adam and Eve while they were in their naked state, which they only learned was a sin after eating the magic fruit. Apparently then, God can be in contact or close proximity to sin (whatever that is), and not be corrupted.

Also, what about all the stories of Jesus from the New Testament having meals with sinners? It seems kinda strange to me to try to mesh these stories with your view Ted - that Jesus/God can be in contact with 'sin' here on Earth, but in heaven or whatever it is you call the God dimension...he just can't. God can't be around sin.
It's like you're saying to me that here, matter and anti-matter can't come into contact with each other, but over there, they can coexist just fine.
Are you offering to allow Satan in all his complete psychotic degredation to live in your house with your family to save him from being sent to hell?
If I was an all powerful deity who would obviously have all the powers, abilities, knowledge and willingness to save my family from Satan's naughtiness...yes. The reason we humans don't allow registered child molesters to be alone with kids is because well...they're alone with kids. Outside of our immediate knowledge and supervision, and thus, if (or should I say when) those molesters harm the kids, that harm could have been prevented if we had been around to monitor the situation.
This is all just a variation of the Sandy Hook thread that was popular a few months back.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense