What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Post #1

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

My question is, that what dose the bible prophecise about the comming of Prophet Muhammad(SAWM)?

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #21

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

Tilia wrote:...Jesus, as the vast majority of non-Mohammedan scholars believe- that is why the word has been capitalised in translation. It cannot refer to any non-Jew.
If you would have read the post above that the Qur'an was not copied, you would not have sounded that much illogical. "Comming back to the topic" I wrote, for, you started to discuss whether or not is the Qur'an copied or not. And that is not the topic.

Now, why Jesus? I know I know. Why Jesus. Because this is what I've been searching for, for a quite long time. What most of your scholars say: "Since prophecies are word-pictures of something that is going to happen in the future, we find that the wordings of this verse adequately describe him. You see the most important words of this prophecy are 'SOOS JY IS' (like unto thee), - LIKE YOU - like Moses, and Jesus is like Moses. "

In which way is Jesus like Moses?

And secondly, I thought I was discussing with a "Christian Scholar" or a person who has learnt the bible. All of them agree that this is for Jesus. You should have had enough knowledge why is it for Jesus. I am not even a christian, its you who should be telling me all that.

But I agree with that, I agree with your illogical arguments also no problem. I'm a person who has conflict approach with the Qur'an and a concordious approach with the bible.

So, in which ways is Jesus like Moses?

Tilia
Guru

Post #22

Post by Tilia »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:in which ways is Jesus like Moses?
He was a 'brother', an Israelite, for a start. Now are there any more supposed prophecies of Muhammad in the Bible?

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #23

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

Tilia wrote:
He was a 'brother', an Israelite, for a start. Now are there any more supposed prophecies of Muhammad in the Bible?
Ok, I suppose you ran out of logics. Let me add a few more:

In the first place Moses was a JEW and Jesus was also a JEW; secondly, Moses was a PROPHET and Jesus was also a PROPHET - therefore Jesus is like Moses and that is exactly what God had foretold Moses - "SOOS JY IS".

Is that really enough to convience a logical person that this prophecy talks about Jesus? Ok you can have another chance, you can consult with a bible scholar and let me know. Can you think of any other similarities between Moses and Jesus?

If these are the only two criteria for discovering a candidate for this prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:18, then in that case the criteria could fit any one of the following Biblical personages after Moses:- Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist etc., because they were also ALL "Jews" as well as "Prophets". Why should we not apply this prophecy to any one of these prophets, and why only to Jesus? Why should we make fish of one and fowl of another?

You see, my conclusions are that Jesus is most unlike Moses, and if I am wrong I would like you to correct me.

Whatever I say, I reson with it:

In the FIRST place Jesus is not like Moses, because, according to You - 'JESUS IS A GOD', but Moses is not God. Is this true?

Yes or No? Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses!

SECONDLY, according to You - 'JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD', but Moses did not have to die for the sins of the world. Is this true?

Therefore Jesus is not like Moses!

THIRDLY, according to You - 'JESUS WENT TO HELL FOR THREE DAYS', but Moses did not have to go there. Is this true?"

Therefore Jesus is not like Moses!

These are not hard facts, solid facts, they are mere matters of belief over which the little ones (Kids) can stumble and fall. Let us discuss something very simple, very easy, of your level, that if your little ones are called in to hear the discussion, would have no difficulty in following it, shall we?

Moses had a father and a mother. Muhummed also had a father and a mother. But Jesus had only a mother, and no human father. Is this true?

DAAROM IS JESUS NIE SOOS MOSES NIE, MAAR MUHUMMED IS SOOS MOSES!

Meaning: "Therefore Jesus is not like Moses, but Muhummed is like Moses!" (By now the reader will realise that I was using this language only for practice purposes. I shall discontinue its use later).
Moses and Muhummed were born in the normal, natural course, i.e. the physical association of man and woman; but Jesus was created by a special miracle. You will recall that we are told in the Gospel of St. Matthew 1:18 ".....BEFORE THEY CAME TOGETHER,(Joseph the Carpenter and Mary)SHE WAS FOUND WITH CHILD BY THE HOLY GHOST." And St. Luke tells us that when the good news of the birth of a holy son was announced to her, Mary reasoned: "...HOW SHALL THIS BE, SEEING I KNOW NOT A MAN? AND THE ANGEL ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HER, THE HOLY GHOST SHALL COME UPON THEE, AND THE POWER OF THE HIGHEST SHALL OVERSHADOW THEE..." (Luke 1:35). The Holy Qur’ân confirms the miraculous birth of Jesus, in nobler and sublimer terms. In answer to her logical question:
" O MY LORD! HOW SHALL I HAVE A SON WHEN NO MAN HATH TOUCHED ME?
"
The angel says in reply: "EVEN SO: ALLAH CREATETH WHAT HE WILLETH:
WHEN HE HATH DECREED A PLAN, HE BUT SAITH TO IT "BE,"
AND IT IS " 1 (HOLY QUR'AN, 3:47).
It is not necessary for God to plant a seed in man or animal? He merely wills it and it comes into being. This is the Muslim conception of the of birth of Jesus. (When I compared the Qur’ân and the Biblical versions of the birth of Jesus to the head of the Bible Society in our largest City, and when I enquired: "Which version would you prefer to give your daughter, the QUR'ANIC version or the BIBLICAL version?" The man bowed his head and answered: "The Qur’ânic.")
In short is it true that Jesus was born miraculously as against the natural birth of Moses and Muhummed? “Therefore Jesus is not like Moses, but Muhummed is like Moses”
And God says to Moses in the Book of Deuteronomy 18:18 "LIKE UNTO THEE" (Like You, Like Moses) and Muhummed is like Moses."
Moses and Muhummed married and begat children, but Jesus remained a bachelor all his life. Is this true? Therefore Jesus is not like Moses, but Muhummed is like Moses.
Moses and Muhummed were accepted as prophets by their people in their very lifetime. No doubt the Jews gave endless trouble to Moses and they murmured in the wilderness, but as a nation, they acknowledged that Moses was a Messenger of God sent to them. The Arabs too made Muhummed's life impossible. He suffered very badly at their hands. After 13 years of preaching in Mecca, he had to emigrate from the city of his birth. But before his demise, the Arab nation as a whole accepted him as the Messenger of Allah. But according to the Bible: 'He (Jesus) CAME UNTO HIS OWN, BUT HIS OWN RECEIVED HIM NOT.' (John 1:11). And even today, after two thousand years, his people- the Jews, as a whole, have rejected him. Is this true?"
"THEREFORE JESUS IS NOT LIKE MOSES, BUT MUHUMMED IS LIKE MOSES."
Moses and Muhummed were prophets as well as kings. A prophet means a man who receives Divine Revelation for the Guidance of Man and this Guidance he conveys to God's creatures as received without any addition or deletion. A king is a person who has the power of life and death over his people. It is immaterial whether the person wears a crown or not, or whether he was ever addressed as king or monarch: if the man has the prerogative of inflicting capital punishment - HE IS A KING. Moses possessed such a power. Do you remember the Israelite who was found picking up firewood on Sabbath Day, and Moses had him stoned to death? (Numbers- 15:13). There are other crimes also mentioned in the Bible for which capital punishment was inflicted on the Jews at the behest of Moses. Muhummed too, had the power of life and death over his people.
There are instances in the Bible of persons who were given gift of prophecy only, but they were not in a position to implement their directives. Some of these holy men of God who were helpless in the face of stubborn rejection of their message, were the prophets lot, Jonah, Daniel, Ezra, and John the Baptist. They could only deliver the message, but could not enforce the Law. The Holy Prophet Jesus (Peace p.b.u.h) also belonged to this category. The Christian Gospel clearly confirms this: when Jesus was dragged before the Roman Governor, Pontius Pilate, Charged for sedition, Jesus made a convincing point in his defence to refute the false charge: JESUS ANSWERED, "MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD': IF MY KINGDOM WERE OF THIS WORLD, THEN WOULD MY SERVANTS FIGHT, THAT I SHOULD NOT BE DELIVERED TO THE JEWS; BUT NOW IS MY KINGDOM NOT FROM HENCE" (John 18:36) This convinced Pilate (A Pagan) that though Jesus might not be in full possession of his mental faculty, he did not strike him as being a danger to his rule. Jesus claimed a spiritual Kingdom only; in other words he only claimed to be a Prophet. Is this true?
Moses and Muhummed brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Moses not only gave the Ten Commandments to the Israelites, but a very comprehensive ceremonial law for the guidance of his people. Muhummed comes to a people steeped in barbarism and ignorance. They married their step-mothers; they buried their daughters alive; drunkenness, adultery, idolatry, and gambling were the order of the day. Gibbon describe the Arabs before Islam in his "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire", THE HUMAN BRUTE, ALMOST WITHOUT SENSE, IS POORLY DISTINGUISHED FROM THE REST OF THE ANIMAL CREATION.' There was hardly anything to distinguish between the "man" and the "animal" of the time; they were animals in human form.
"From this abject barbarism, Muhummed elevated them, in the words of Thomas Carlysle, "into torch-bearers of light and learning.' 'TO THE ARAB NATION IT WAS AS A BIRTH FROM DARKNESS INTO LIGHT. ARABIA FIRST BECAME ALIVE BY MEANS OF IT. A POOR SHEPHERD PEOPLE, ROAMING UNNOTICED IN ITS DESERTS SINCE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD. SEE, THE UNNOTICED BECOMES WORLD NOTABLE, THE SMALL HAS GROWN WORLD-GREAT. WITHIN ONE CENTURY AFTERWARDS ARABIA WAS AT GRANADA ON ONE HAND AND AT DELHI ON THE OTHER. GLANCING IN VALOUR AND SPLENDOUR, AND THE LIGHT OF GENIUS, ARABIA SHINES OVER A GREAT SECTION OF THE WORLD. ..." The fact is that Muhummed gave his people a Law and Order they never had before.
As regards Jesus, when the Jews felt suspicious of him that he might be an impostor with designs to pervert their teachings, Jesus took pains to assure them that he had not come with a new religion - no new laws and no new regulations. I quote his own words: 'THINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY, BUT TO FULFIL. FOR VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, ONE JOT OR ONE TITLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.'(Mathew 5:17-18). In other words he had not come with any new laws or regulation he came only to fulfil the old law. This what he gave the Jews to understand- unless he was speaking with the tongue in his cheek trying to bluff the Jews into accepting him as a man of God and by subterfuge trying to ram a new religion down their throats. No! This Messenger of God would never resort to such fo ul means to subvert the Religion of God. He himself fulfilled the laws. He observed the commandments of Moses, and he respected the Sabbath. At no time did a single Jew point a finger at him to say, 'why don't you fast' or 'why don't you wash your hands before you break bread',which charges they always levied against his disciples, but never against Jesus. This is because as a good Jew he honoured the laws of the prophets who preceded him. In short, he had created no new religion and had brought no new law like Moses and Muhummed. Is this true?
Moses and Muhummed died natural deaths, but according to Christianity, Jesus was violently killed on the cross.1 Is this true?
Therefore…?
Moses and Muhummed both lie buried in earth, but according to you, Jesus in heaven. Is this true?

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #24

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

The prophecy is not completed yet, but I first want you to go through this. Agree or not, reply what ever it is.

HughDP
Scholar

Post #25

Post by HughDP »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:Is that really enough to convience a logical person that this prophecy talks about Jesus?
Doctor, you seem to be quoting 'standard' Islamic arguments about Deuteronomy 18:18. I could equally quote a 'standard' Christian response, such as:

- Moses had no known tomb, but died on Mount Nebo (Deut. 34:6).

- Moses came out of Egypt at the Exodus, and Jesus went to Egypt as a baby and returned.

- Moses was brought up by his mother as a nurse in Pharaoh's household, and Jesus was brought up by Mary, but Muhammad was an orphan. Moses was saved as a baby in the rushes; Jesus was saved when God told Joseph to take him to Egypt.

- Moses was transfigured on Mt. Sinai (Exodus 34:29) and Jesus was transfigured in Matthew 17:1-6.

- Moses offered to take the sins of Israel on himself in Exodus 32:30-32; Jesus was sacrificed for the sins of mankind.

Deut. 18:21-22 also states that: "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

This indicates that the prophet would give some sort of miraculous sign or prophecy that it is him. Jesus performed miracles and prophecies that were fulfilled in his own lifetime. Muhammed performed no miracles and I'm a bit sketchy about His prophecies.

Please note that I certainly do not personally represent a Christian viewpoint. I'm just pointing out that there are 'standard' arguments for both sides and I'm wondering how (or if) you plan to forward your claims beyond those arguments.

Tilia
Guru

Post #26

Post by Tilia »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
Tilia wrote:

In the first place Moses was a JEW and Jesus was also a JEW
But Muhammad wasn't. Now read the verse you quoted very carefully, keeping your finger on the line. Got, it, now?

So that is the first Mohammedan idea shot down in flames, simply because Mohammedans never learned to read. And it seems that they may need to be told things at least twice, too.

Next idea? Or is that it?

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #27

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

Moses had no known tomb, but died on Mount Nebo (Deut. 34:6).
Yea, so? This explains what?
Moses came out of Egypt … Jesus went to Egypt...
Therefore Jesus is NOT like Moses!!
Moses was brought up by his mother as a nurse in Pharaoh's household, and Jesus was brought up by Mary, but Muhammad was an orphan. Moses was saved as a baby in the rushes; Jesus was saved when God told Joseph to take him to Egypt.
Now, compare it with:
Moses had a father and a mother. Muhummed also had a father and a mother. But Jesus had only a mother, and no human father.
Which one carries more logic and weight as a similarity?!?
Moses offered to take the sins of Israel on himself in Exodus 32:30-32; Jesus was sacrificed for the sins of mankind.
Moses ‘Offered’, and Jesus ‘sacrificed’, on the other hand, Muhammad too, in all the 23 years of Prophet Hood, used to cry every Night to demolish the sins of the Ummah. (Bayaan ul Qur’aan) Therefore Moses is not like Jesus but is Like Muhammad.

That was the most lame logic I ever heard from anybody, but even this dosen’t speak in your favour.
Deut. 18:21-22 also states that: "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

This indicates that the prophet would give some sort of miraculous sign or prophecy that it is him. Jesus performed miracles and prophecies that were fulfilled in his own lifetime. Muhammed performed no miracles and I'm a bit sketchy about His prophecies.

But whatever he did, as the Bible says in the Gospel of Mathew, Ch.12, Verse No. 28... ‘He cast out devil by the Spirit of God. Gospel of Luke, Ch.11, Verse No.20 ‘With the finger of God, he cast out devil’. He did everything which bore witness of the Father. So I have got no objection in agreeing, that Jesus did do miracles. Whatever miracles he did, Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), said that… ‘This is done by Allah Subuhana Wa Taala (The Allmighty God). And again Jesus Christ (peace be upon him ) said in the Gospel of Mathew, Ch24 Verse No. 24. ‘For there shall arise many false Christs, and false prophets… and if it is so possible, they shall deceive the very elect’ – Miracle is not the test. Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) said - Its mentioned in the Gospel of Mathew, Ch. No. 11, Verse No. 11… ‘Of those that are born of a woman, the greatest person is John the Baptist’. That means, he was greater even than Jesus (peace be upon him)… because Jesus was born to Mother Mary. So ‘Amongst all born of a women, the greatest is John the Baptist’ according to Jesus (peace be upon him). Which miracle did he do? - Not a single. Therefore, miracle is not the criteria!!

Yet, I don’t mind, even if I agree with you for the sake of argument, that ok Miracle is the test. For I am a person, like I said, who has concordance approach with the Bible, and a conflict approach with the Qur'an. So I agree with you, that OK, Miracle is the test. Yet, I can list a hundred miracles performed by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), Sevral! Its mentioned in Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Hadith Number 387, that Muhammad (PBUH) broke the moon into two pieces with the command of His finger.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 170, “He (the Prophet) put his hand in that pot and ordered the people to perform ablution from it. I saw the water springing out from underneath his fingers till all of them performed the ablution”

I can give a LIST of miracles that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) performed.
Muhammed performed no miracles
Just because you have no knowledge of Islam dosen’t mean that those things donot exist. Its illogical.
… would give some sort of miraculous sign or prophecy that it is him. … I'm a bit sketchy about His prophecies.
hughDP, besides replying to my 10 points, he started speaking about prophecy… what has prophecy and miracles to do, with mention of Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible?

If ‘Prophecy’ is the test… then Nosterdamas’ book, should be the best book. Nostradamas’ book should be the best book, to be called…‘the word of God’ - It is not?

But even if there is one unfulfilled prophecy, the whole Bible is disproved to be the word of God - I can give you a list of unfulfilled prophecies. For example if you read Genesis, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 12, it says… ‘God told Cain: you will never be able to settle you will be a wanderer.’ Few Verses later on Genesis, Chapter No.4, Verse No.17, says…‘Cain built up a city’ – unfulfilled prophecy. If you read Jeremiah, Chapter No.36, Verse No.30, it says that…‘Jehoiachin the father of Jehoiachin… no one will be able to sit on his throne - The throne of David, no one will be able to sit after Jehoiachin.’ If you read later on, II Kings, Chapter No 24, Verse No 6, it says that… ‘Jehoiachin after he died, later on Jehoiachin sat on the throne’ - Unfulfilled prophecy. One is sufficient to prove it is not the word of God - I can give plenty. If you read Ezekiel, Chapter No 26, it says that…‘Nebuchader, he will destroyed Tyre.’ We come to know that Alexander the great, was the person who destroyed Tyre - Unfulfilled prophecy. Isaiah, Chapter No. 7, Verse No 14, says, prophesying of…‘The coming of a person who will be born to a virgin - his name shall be Emmanuel.’ They say… the Christians - it refers to Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Born to a virgin - the Hebrew word there is ‘amla’, which means not ‘a virgin’- ‘a young lady.’ The word for ‘virgin’ in Hebrew is, ‘baitula’, which is not there. Even if you agree - we are using concordance - we agree… ‘Virgin’… ‘Virgin’ - No problem. It says… ‘He will be called Immanuel.’ No where in the Bible is Jesus Christ peace be upon him, is called as Immanuel - Unfulfilled prophecy. I can give several, plenty unfulfilled prophecies - One is sufficient to prove the Bible wrong - I have given a few. According to your theory Bible is not the word of God.

Regarding Prophecies of Prophet Muhammad, Hundreds, more than hundreds! The Sign he told of the day of Judgment, the body of the Ferro (as mentioned above), I challenge everybody here to prove a ‘single’ prophecy of the Qur’an to be wrong. Or to prove it against the established science. There are more than 6000 verses in the Qur’an, and about 1000 of them speak about science. Scientific facts, which were not known at that time when the Qur’an was revealed. Who was the source of that knowledge? I can give a whole talk on this.

I gave only 10 logics as to why Moses is like Muhammad and not like Jesus, and all VERY STRONG ONES! Even a kid could understand them. What you mentioned were too mostly on my side.

The prophecy proceeds further:'...AND I WILL PUT MY WORDS INTO HIS MOUTH...' What does it mean when it is said 'I will put my words in your mouth'? You see, when I asked you to open Deuteronomy chapter 18, verse 18, at the beginning, and if I had asked you to read, and if you had read: would I be putting my words into your mouth? No, of course not. But, If I were to teach you a language like Arabic about which you have no knowledge, and if I asked you to read or repeat after me what I utter for instance:

Qul Hu Allah Hu Ahad,
Allah HusSamaad
Lam Ya Lid
Walam Yu Lad
Walam Ya Kul Lahu Kuffuwan Ahad.

Would I not be putting these unheard words of a foreign tongue which you utter, into your mouth?

In an identical manner, the words of the Holy Qur’ân, the Revelation vouchsafed by the Almighty God to Muhummed, were revealed.

History tells us that Muhummed was forty years of age. He was in a cave some three miles north of the City of Mecca. It was the 27th night of the Muslim month of Ramadaan. In the cave the Archangel Gabriel commands him in his mother tongue: 'IQRA' which means READ! or PROCLAIM! or RECITE! Muhummed is terrified and in his bewilderment replies " MA ANA BEQARA which means I AM NOT LEARNED! The angel commands him a second time with the same result. For the third time the angel continues.

IQRA BISSMI RABBIKAL LAZEE KHALAQ.

Now Muhummed, grasps, that what was required of him was to repeat! to rehearse! And he repeats the words as they were put into his mouth.
This was the first verse, which was revealed to Muhummed, which now occupy the beginning of the 96th chapter of the Holy Qur’ân.
Immediately the angel had departed, Muhummed rushed to his home. Terrified and sweating all over he asked his beloved wife Khadija to 'cover him up!' He lay down, and she watched by him. When he had regained his composure, he explained to her what he had seen and heard. She assured him of her faith in him and that Allah would not allow any terrible thing to happen to him. Are these the confessions of an impostar? Would impostars confess that when an angel of the Lord confronts them with a Message from on High, they get fear-stricken, terrified, and sweating all over, run home to their wives? Any critic can see that his reactions and confessions are that of an honest, sincere man, the man of Truth- 'AL-AMIN' - THE Honest, the Upright, the Truthful.
During the next twenty-three years of his prophetic life, words were 'Put into his mouth', and he uttered them. They made an indeliable impression on his heart and mind: and as the volume of the Sacred Scripture (Holy Qur’ân) grew, they were recorded on palm-leaf fibre, on skins and on the shoulder-blades of animals; and in the hearts of his devoted disciples. Before his demise these words were arranged according to his instructions i n the order in which we find them today in the Holy Qur’ân.
The words (revelation) were actually put into his mouth, exactly as foretold in the prophecy under discussion: 'AND I WILL PUT MY WORDS IN HIS MOUTH.' (Deut. 18:18).
Muhummed's experience in the cave of Hira, later to be known as Jabal-un Noor – The Mountain of Light, and his response to that first Revelation is the exact fulfillment of another Biblical Prophecy. In the Book of Isaiah, Chapter 29, verse 12, we read: "AND THE BOOK" (al-Kitaab, al-Qur’ân the 'Reading', the 'Recitation') "IS DELIVERED TO HIM THAT IS NOT LEARNED," (Isaiah 29:12) "THE UNLETTERED PROPHET " (Holy Qur’ân 7:158) and the biblical verse continues : "SAYING, READ THIS, I PRAY THEE:" (the words "I pray thee", are not in the Hebrew manuscripts; compare with the Roman Catholics' "Douay Version and also with the "Revised Standard Versions") "AND HE SAITH, I AM NOT LEARNED." ("I am not learned." is the exact translation of the Arabic words MA ANA BEQARA which Muhummed uttered twice to the Holy Ghost - the Archangel Gabriel, when he was commanded : IQRAA "READ!").
Let me quote the verse in full without a break as found in the "King James Version," or the "Authorised version" as it is more popularly known "AND THE BOOK IS DELIVERED TO HIM THAT IS NOT LEARNED, SAYING, READ THIS I PRAY THEE: AND HE SAITH, I AM NOT LEARNED." (Isaiah 29:12).
See! how the prophecies fit Muhummed like a glove. We do not have to stretch prophecies to justify their fulfillment in Muhummed.

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

Post #28

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

Tilia wrote:
Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
Tilia wrote:

But Muhammad wasn't. Now read the verse you quoted very carefully, keeping your finger on the line. Got, it, now?

So that is the first Mohammedan idea shot down in flames, simply because Mohammedans never learned to read. And it seems that they may need to be told things at least twice, too.

When you have something that is worth mentioning, then you are most welcome to speak out. Other wise, I think we can have a few silent readers as well.

What you are quoting is the logic I gave 'from your side'. If you would have read the rest of the post, you would not have dared to write such an illogical post, once again.

Tilia
Guru

Post #29

Post by Tilia »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
Tilia wrote:
Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
Tilia wrote:

When you have something that is worth mentioning
So the Bible says that a/the prophet/Prophet is to be one of the Israelites' brothers. The Mohammedans say that Muhammad fits the description, even though he was not an Israelite. Now we have a fellow here who thinks that is worth mentioning. Or rather, says that it is worth mentioning. Perhaps he is hoping that everyone here has severe brain damage, or is only two years old if not.

But perhaps it is worth mentioning, to show how seriously the world should take these wretched people. But for their cowardly bombs, surely nobody of intelligence would.

HughDP
Scholar

Post #30

Post by HughDP »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:hughDP, besides replying to my 10 points, he started speaking about prophecy… what has prophecy and miracles to do, with mention of Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible?
Doctor. I have read your post (a few times) and it is quite comprehensive, but I think you've missed my point.

I am not a Christian; nor am I a Muslim. My point is this: for every point an Islamic scholar raises, an equally versed Christian scholar (and that isn't me) will find a way to refute it. Likewise, for every point a Christian scholar raises, an equally scholarly Muslim can find a way to repute it.

Now, a Christian scholar may not refute an Islamic claim to your satisfaction but they are likely to refute it to their satisfaction. And vice versa.

Do you accept that?

So what we have is the same sort of impasse between Islam and Christianity that we've had throughout history. It's likely to stay that way for some time unless something new and significant is introduced as evidence.

The sort of evidence required is something outside of both the Bible and Qu'ran. The chances are that even if such evidence was produced - and it was indeed very significant - there would still be a large amout of disagreement about it.
If ‘Prophecy’ is the test… then Nosterdamas’ book, should be the best book. Nostradamas’ book should be the best book, to be called…‘the word of God’ - It is not?
Quite so. To me, Nostradamus' books are just as valid in terms of prohecies as the Bible or the Qu'ran, but - as I said - I'm neither Muslim nor Christian, so those religious texts mean little to me beyond academic interest in such influential literature.

I will read your post again and see if there are individual sections I feel qualified to reply about, but I'm not going to be as well-versed in the scriptures as scholarly Christians and Muslims. Indeed, it's 20 years since I read the Bible in its entirety and I've never read anything but extracts from the Qu'ran.

This makes it difficult for me to continually reply to your points. I'm simply not as well-versed in the Biblical texts as you are, so I only have generalist ideas and snips of stuff I've studied from time-to-time to fall back on.
Last edited by HughDP on Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.