Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

About Exoneration

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

~
Paroles and early releases leave one's criminal history on the books. That's not a good thing because those histories will be examined at the great white throne event depicted by Rev 20:11-15. It's crucial that people get their histories wiped prior to that day so that when the books are opened, it will look as though they've never been anything but innocent their entire lives. That way God will have nothing with which to accuse them.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" roughly pertains to a verdict of innocence due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict, viz: exoneration.

Note that Jesus' crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to gain folks exoneration, viz: had his crucified dead body not been restored to life, we'd all remain in very grave danger of facing justice at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 where the lost will be forced to undergo the wrath of God via a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron. .

1Cor 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins.

FAQ: How might an interested party obtain this exoneration?

REPLY: Find a quiet moment. Cover your face with your hands for a sense of privacy and simply speak with God saying, in so many words:

"God, I'm a sinner with a lot to answer for. I would like to take advantage of your son's death and resurrection if I may. Thank You."
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: About Exoneration

Post #11

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #10
I am stumped-- even after 55 years of conscientious Bible study via sermons, Sunday schools, lectures, seminars, Christian books, and radio --how it's even remotely fair to condemn Adam's entire posterity for something he alone did with neither their knowledge nor their consent (Eve being the one exception). I expect that kind of justice from the likes of Kim Jong-Un and Xi Jinping, but from God? No; I just don't get it.
Then maybe the Christian concept of "original sin" needs a rethink.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #12

Post by WebersHome »

Athetotheist wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:59 pmThen maybe the Christian concept of "original sin" needs a rethink.

Were I a thinking person, I would question why God planted a tree unfit for human consumption where Adam and his wife could find it; knowing in advance they would eventually give it a try. What's with that?

And I would also question why God sat on His hands and did nothing to prevent the Serpent from leading Eve down a path to her posterity's ruin.

Taking this a bit further: if Christianity's supreme being is able to see the future, and knew in advance all that would happen in the garden, and that He would eventually wreak havoc on the globe with a lethal flood, and incinerate Sodom and Gomorrah, and finally, and cruelly, subject an innumerable number of folks to a manner of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron per the event depicted by Rev 20:11-15, then why did He proceed to create the cosmos in the first place; especially knowing in advance He would blow the whole thing to smithereens per 2Pet 3:10-12? I fail to see the logic of it all.

But get this: according to 1Pet 1:18-20 and Rev 13:8, Christ was put on a road the cross before even one stone of the third rock from the sun was created. In other words: Jesus wasn't a paramedic sent to the scene of a train wreck; no, he was on his way to the wreck before tracks for a train were even laid.
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #12
But get this: according to 1Pet 1:18-20 and Rev 13:8, Christ was put on a road the cross before even one stone of the third rock from the sun was created. In other words: Jesus wasn't a paramedic sent to the scene of a train wreck; no, he was on his way to the wreck before tracks for a train were even laid.
......assuming that the Christian narrative is correct, in spite of the evidence to the contrary.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #14

Post by WebersHome »

Gen 6:5-6 . .The Lord saw that the wickedness of Man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And The Lord was sorry that He had made Man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

If true that Christianity's God can see the future, then He knew even before creating Man that the day would come when He'd regret it; yet went ahead and created Man anyway. Very puzzling.
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by Athetotheist »

WebersHome wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:58 pm .
Gen 6:5-6 . .The Lord saw that the wickedness of Man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And The Lord was sorry that He had made Man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

If true that Christianity's God can see the future, then He knew even before creating Man that the day would come when He'd regret it; yet went ahead and created Man anyway. Very puzzling.
_
"The Apostle Paul asserts that if it were possible for us to be righteous through keep the Torah then Jesus died in vain. The viability of the Torah invalidates the need for Jesus to die to atone for our sins."

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/vi ... -the-torah