Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Did Adam make the right choice?

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

Did Adam make the right choice?

Did Adam make the right choice in partaking of the fruit from the tree of knowledge and should we be grateful to him and give due respect and honor our first earthly parents?

2. Did Adam’s choice prohibit anyone from receiving ALL that our Father in heaven has ever promised us pertaining to our eternal destiny?

Kind regards,
RW

Revelations won
Sage

Re: Did Adam make the right choice?

Post #141

Dear Onewithhim,

As I understand it, the simple matter is that all you can offer is your “private interpretation of the scriptures”. This appears to be based on
JW doctrine and your understanding based on the interpretation of man by deductive reasoning.

You deny revelation from God to obtain truth. You, as far as I can observe is that you also do not have or accept the gifts of the Holy Ghost. In fact I have not found that you accept the Holy Ghost as part and parcel of the Godhead.

If on the other hand, you claim to be a current active recipient of the gifts of the Holy Ghost then please so demonstrate your acceptance and how that agrees with JW doctrine.

Kind regards,
RW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #142

Post by onewithhim »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:41 pm Dear Onewithhim,

As I understand it, the simple matter is that all you can offer is your “private interpretation of the scriptures”. This appears to be based on
JW doctrine and your understanding based on the interpretation of man by deductive reasoning.

You deny revelation from God to obtain truth. You, as far as I can observe is that you also do not have or accept the gifts of the Holy Ghost. In fact I have not found that you accept the Holy Ghost as part and parcel of the Godhead.

If on the other hand, you claim to be a current active recipient of the gifts of the Holy Ghost then please so demonstrate your acceptance and how that agrees with JW doctrine.

Kind regards,
RW
If you would pay closer attention to my posts you would see that I do not deny revelations from God to obtain truth. His revelations are right there in the Scriptures, and I respect what he is telling us. There is no "Godhead," but the one true God Jehovah and his Son, Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is God's electricity, if you will. It carries out all that Jehovah wishes to do. It is not a person. And I don't receive any "gifts" of the Holy Spirit.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #143

Dear Onewithhim,

Thank you for your clarifications.

In summary you deny the Holy Ghost and the gifts of the Holy Ghost.

You appear to accept some, but not all of the revelations and prophesies contained in the Bible.

You make it quite clear that you deny any and all revelations since the compilation of the Bible.

Thus all of your latter day prophesies are clearly "man made " prophesies.

Your JW doctrines are therefore the product of private interpretations of scripture by your "scholars".

If my understanding of your response is not accurate, please clarify.

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #144

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:36 am

If my understanding of your response is not accurate, please clarify
With pleasure ...
  • We do however believe in holy SPIRIT and do not deny its existence or power.
  • We accept all of the revelations and prophesies contained in the Bible
  • We do not deny the existence non-biblical revelations from the spirit world. Satan the devil has may well revealed demonic information to his ministers either individually or through his false religious or political institutions, but we do not accept any of them as being inspired truths from Jehovah God.
  • Jehovah's Witnesses do not have latter day Prophets (that would be the Mormons) we only seek to interpret the already existing Prophecies found in the bible canon.
  • Our methods seek to allow the bible to interpret itself ; we are all (men women and children) bible "scholars"
  • Our doctrines are all based on bible teachings.

You're welcome !
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #145

Post by William »

Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in "ghosts" holy or otherwise.
We do however believe in holy SPIRIT and do not deny its existence or power.
If I understand this correctly, "spirit" is just another word for "energy" and the energy has no personality. The energy is not sentient.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #146

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:26 pm
If I understand this correctly, "spirit" is just another word for "energy" and the energy has no personality. The energy is not sentient.
"Spirit" is not just another word for "energy." There is more than one meaning. Jehovah's Holy Spirit is close to that analogy, but involves more than that. It is God's way of moving and shaking, if you will. He accomplishes what he wants done by maneuvering his Holy Spirit. He sends it where it will accomplish his will. "Spirit" also includes God, Jesus, and the angels. They are all spirits. "God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24) Another meaning of "spirit"---a person's mental inclinations, such as in "Her spirit is down today," or, "he has a happy spirit."

William
Savant

Post #147

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:19 pm
"Spirit" is not just another word for "energy." There is more than one meaning. Jehovah's Holy Spirit is close to that analogy, but involves more than that. It is God's way of moving and shaking, if you will. He accomplishes what he wants done by maneuvering his Holy Spirit. He sends it where it will accomplish his will. "Spirit" also includes God, Jesus, and the angels. They are all spirits. "God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth." (John 4:24) Another meaning of "spirit"---a person's mental inclinations, such as in "Her spirit is down today," or, "he has a happy spirit."
You seem to be describing a membrane/medium of sorts which allows God to move and shake, which also implies a physical object (even that it may not easily be perceived by human senses.) and also since "spirit" has it that it includes God et al, implies sentience. So the Holy Spirit is more than simply a means by which God is able to do things. It is a sentient being in its own right and as physical as anything else which is able to apply force and organize the physicality of matter into functional form?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #148

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:37 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:19 pm
You seem to be describing a membrane/medium of sorts which allows God to move and shake, which also implies a physical object (even that it may not easily be perceived by human senses.) and also since "spirit" has it that it includes God et al, implies sentience. So the Holy Spirit is more than simply a means by which God is able to do things. It is a sentient being in its own right and as physical as anything else which is able to apply force and organize the physicality of matter into functional form?
The H.S. is not a separate conscious being. It is Jehovah's power, to put it briefly. How can a sentient Being be poured out? It's obviously something that has no shape or solidity.

"And in the last days, God says, I shall pour out some of my spirit upon every sort of flesh." (Acts 2:17) How can you pour out a sentient person, and just PART of him at that?

William
Savant

Post #149

Post by William »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #148]
The H.S. is not a separate conscious being. It is Jehovah's power, to put it briefly.
So it is a "spirit" but not a "being" spirit?

Some type of membrane then which enables your idea of God to shake and move/be seen to be shaking and moving?
How can a sentient Being be poured out?
How can a sentient being be physical?

What is this spirit being poured out of?
It's obviously something that has no shape or solidity.
Even so, such things exist as physical. This sounds like spirit is physical in nature.
"And in the last days, God says, I shall pour out some of my spirit upon every sort of flesh." (Acts 2:17) How can you pour out a sentient person, and just PART of him at that?
You can if it is a physical thing. One would also have to be a physical thing to do the pouring.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #150

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Revelations won in post #1]
No, Adam did not make the right choice, and we can see the results of his disobedience. The world is crazy. He would have continued to have everything he could have needed or wanted if he had remained faithful. God doesn't hold back anything good from humans. He has given us so much, even though the ruler of this craziness tries to mess it up for us.

"We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one." (I John 5:19, NASB)

"Thus says the LORD [YHWH] , your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, 'I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your well-being would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.'" (Isaiah 48:17,18, NASB) (Bracket mine.)