Bobcat
Apprentice

Re: THE MYSTERIES OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD

Post #11

Post by Bobcat »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:31 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:23 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:55 pm [Replying to Bobcat in post #2]

The "mysteries" are plainly understood in these last days. Speaking of these last days Daniel wrote: "The ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars forever. And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant." (Daniel 12:3,4) We know now about the mysteries of the Kingdom. This is the time of the end.

The Bible says: "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder....Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his Kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever." (Isaiah 9:6,7, KJV)

And further: "In the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, KJV)

Who will be the King of the Kingdom of God? That is a mystery that most of the world had not known. The King is Jesus Christ, and his rule will transform the entire earth and bring to perfect health all the people. So there are no more mysteries.
Jesus will not rule. It will be THE HOLY ONES OF THE MOST HIGH who will possess the kingdom as scripture has written.

Daniel 7:13
As I watched in the night visions, I saw one like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. And he came to the Ancient One and was presented before him.
14 To him was given dominion and glory and kingship, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not pass away, and his kingship is one that shall never be destroyed.
15 As for me, Daniel, my spirit was troubled within me, and the visions of my head terrified me.
16 I approached one of the attendants to ask him the truth concerning all this. So he said that he would disclose to me the interpretation of the matter:
17 "As for these four great beasts, four kings shall arise out of the earth.
18 But the holy ones of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever—forever and ever."
The holy ones will "rule as kings with the Christ for a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4b)

"They will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years." (Revelation 20:6)
In Daniel it reads that the holy ones are the Anointed, the Christ. Scripture cannot contradict itself.

Christianity misunderstands.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #12

Post by onewithhim »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:43 pm

The "mysteries" are plainly understood in these last days. Speaking of these last days Daniel wrote: "The ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars forever. And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant." (Daniel 12:3,4) We know now about the mysteries of the Kingdom. This is the time of the end.

The Bible says: "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder....Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his Kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever." (Isaiah 9:6,7, KJV)

And further: "In the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, KJV)

Who will be the King of the Kingdom of God? That is a mystery that most of the world had not known. The King is Jesus Christ, and his rule will transform the entire earth and bring to perfect health all the people. So there are no more mysteries.
Jesus will not rule. It will be THE HOLY ONES OF THE MOST HIGH who will possess the kingdom as scripture has written.

As I watched in the night visions, I saw one like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. And he came to the Ancient One and was presented before him.
14 To him was given dominion and glory and kingship, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not pass away, and his kingship is one that shall never be destroyed.
15 As for me, Daniel, my spirit was troubled within me, and the visions of my head terrified me.
16 I approached one of the attendants to ask him the truth concerning all this. So he said that he would disclose to me the interpretation of the matter:
18 But the holy ones of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever—forever and ever."
The holy ones will "rule as kings with the Christ for a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4b)

"They will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years." (Revelation 20:6)
In Daniel it reads that the holy ones are the Anointed, the Christ. Scripture cannot contradict itself.

I agree that Daniel speaks of the holy ones, and they are anointed. That doesn't contradict what I said above. (The anointed are not Christ. As I posted above, they rule with Christ.)

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by Bobcat »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:56 am
Bobcat wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:43 pm

I agree that Daniel speaks of the holy ones, and they are anointed. That doesn't contradict what I said above. (The anointed are not Christ. As I posted above, they rule with Christ.)
I’m saying revelations contradicts Daniel. It’s plain to see.

The holy ones are Christ. Christ means anointed. The son is the Christ but not a singular individual. Christianity is flawed.

“Israel is my son….”

“Let my son go so he can serve me.”

The servant of God is the son, the Holy ones.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:40 pmThe holy ones are Christ.
  • "Holy ones" is obviously in plural [ONES] ; so the holy ones is a reference to a group of people.
Bobcat wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:40 pm The son is the Christ but not a singular individual.
  • Christ is often the title given to one JESUS if Nazareth. Jesus is an individual person, refered to in the bible as "Christ" or "The Christ" (which means anointed). Jesus was "anointed by holy spirit".
  • Although other individuals were also eventually anointed like Jesus, Jesus remains the First and most important which is why only he is called THE Christ, The Messiah (which literally means "anointed one") or Christ.

Bobcat wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:40 pm “Israel is my son….”

The word "son" can be used for anyone with a literal or symbolic Father. In the bible God refered to both individuals and groups of people as his "son[s]" All those that love and serve the true God are welcome by him as his sons and daughters. Angels are also called "sons of God"
Jesus of Nazarth was different from the above because he is God's FIRST son. He is both God's literal and spiritual son. He is the only individual created directly by YHWH Jehovah ALONE. His special position is highlighted by the title God's only begotten son.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

To learn more please go to other posts related to

JESUS , MESSIANIC PROPHECY and ...CHRISTIANITY
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Bobcat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:26 am
  • "Holy ones" is obviously in plural [ONES] ; so the holy ones is a reference to a group of people.
Bobcat wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:40 pm The son is the Christ but not a singular individual.
  • Christ is often the title given to one JESUS if Nazareth. Jesus is an individual person, refered to in the bible as "Christ" or "The Christ" (which means anointed). Jesus was "anointed by holy spirit".
  • Although other individuals were also eventually anointed like Jesus, Jesus remains the First and most important which is why only he is called THE Christ, The Messiah (which literally means "anointed one") or Christ.

The word "son" can be used for anyone with a literal or symbolic Father. In the bible God refered to both individuals and groups of people as his "son[s]" All those that love and serve the true God are welcome by him as his sons and daughters. Angels are also called "sons of God"
Jesus of Nazarth was different from the above because he is God's FIRST son. He is both God's literal and spiritual son. He is the only individual created directly by YHWH Jehovah ALONE. His special position is highlighted by the title God's only begotten son.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

No. Jesus was not God’s only begotten son. That is a misunderstanding. All of those who serve the Father as the son are His only begotten son.

“I shall declare the decrees of the Lord, He said to me, you are my son this day I have begotten you.”

onewithhim
Savant

Post #16

Post by onewithhim »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:23 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:26 am

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

No. Jesus was not God’s only begotten son. That is a misunderstanding. All of those who serve the Father as the son are His only begotten son.

“I shall declare the decrees of the Lord, He said to me, you are my son this day I have begotten you.”
Jesus is called "begotten" because it is a term to show that he was created. He is called "only begotten Son" because he is the first thing the Father created, by Himself without anyone else. Then Jesus was given the ability to create all other things. This is no "misunderstanding."