Who was made first?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Chem
Apprentice

Who was made first?

Post #1

Post by Chem »

The following post is a little faceious on my part. I know that in the bible that Adam was the first human to be "created". However, there does seem to be a problem with the anatomy of man. Why do we have nipples? This would seem to suggest that woman was first. Any Comments.

Jose
Guru

Post #11

Post by Jose »

What about the human mutations in the human homologs of the Ubx gene, that result in changes in segment identity in the chest? Just like the 4-winged fly, we get 4-nippled humans. Ed Lewis described someone to me once with traces of a third pair, as well. This isn't a big surprise, since other mammals (dogs, for example) have nipples on each thoracic segment, so it doesn't take much to revert our segment identity back to a more ancestral condition.

So...call forwarding, call waiting, hold, and ... a spare?
Panza llena, corazon contento

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Good point!

Post #12

Post by Cathar1950 »

Why was Eve called the "mother of all living" if Adam(human kind) was first? Maybe Adam wasn't alive untill he ate the fruit. What do I think about Eve? "You Go Girl!"

Jose
Guru

Re: Good point!

Post #13

Post by Jose »

Cathar1950 wrote:Why was Eve called the "mother of all living" if Adam(human kind) was first? Maybe Adam wasn't alive untill he ate the fruit. What do I think about Eve? "You Go Girl!"
It wouldn't quite be appropriate to call Eve the father of all living people, would it? If nothing else, there's a semantic issue here. I wonder, though, whether Adam or his male descendents were ever quite alive, until the invention of duct tape.

I do rather wonder how Adam could have given rise to Eve by means of a mere body part. That's human cloning, of course, which True Christians seem to want to forbid now. Since it was a cloning procedure, Eve should have had an X chromosome and a Y, just like the tissue from which she was derived. Was there some kind of chromosome manipulation to make Eve come out Eve, and not Steve? You'd have to throw away the Y from every cell from Adam's rib (or whatever it was), and cause the X to duplicate. This is the kind of thing in which every cell has the same mutation at the same time, which YECs seem to think is how evolution is supposed to work. Perhaps this is the precedent for this belief?

Of course, if we started with Eve, then Madam would have two X's, and we have the same problem. Hmmm....
Panza llena, corazon contento

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

I like the way we turned out(MEN AND WOMEN)MOSTLY WOMEN

Post #14

Post by Cathar1950 »

I think Creationism is bad science and bad theology.
From the DNA studies we all go back to one women although there were others about 120,000 years ago. We all go back to one man about 70,000
years ago. I have no idea how these two got together.
But the Bible Just isn't infallible nor should it be equated with the Word of God. I see Faith as faithfulness not belive in a proposition that is irrational
"come let Us reason together though your sin be as scarlet they shall be white as snow" I like reason much better then God had to wack his kid because we suck. I belive evolution makes sense and the creation and humanity is Good even when we are bad. I belive Xianity has some real issues that need to be explored and debated. The Bible is a collection of writings about people and communities looking and the awe of life. With a little editing and a lot of power stuggles.

Chem
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Chem »

From the DNA studies we all go back to one women although there were others about 120,000 years ago. We all go back to one man about 70,000
years ago.
I think "Eve" (an unfortunate name!) is dated via mitochondrial DNA which is passed through the maternal line. Using the mutation rate scientists can estimate when she was alive (I think it is estimated to be between 150,00 to ~300,000 years ago). with regards to "Adam", he could have been alive either before or after "Eve" as it is far more difficult to trace the paternal line.

I'm sure Jose or somebody else can give a more detailed outline than that above.
"I'd rather know than believe" Carl Sagan.

"The worst Government is the most moral. One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane. But when the fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression." H.L. Mencken

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

12,000~300,000

Post #16

Post by Cathar1950 »

Men Have some thing that is passed on also he is dated to about 70,000
years. still it must have been awful on the relationship. I read some where
that semen was two viral organisms. Snails have both and are asexual.
But every now and then two run across each other and get it on. asking who came first is like the chicken and the egg question. Sex evolved. Do we ask who came first when we talk about the other animals? Did God create the male dog first or the female dog? It is a silly question unless your 4 and your starting to question the crap the adults have been telling you. Most kids catch on and realize that Mom and Dad don't know either.