Why is God Hidden?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Bro Dave
Sage

Why is God Hidden?

Post #1

Post by Bro Dave »

Let’s, just for the sake of this conversation, accept that God exists, and has “always” existed(although that word has no meaning outside of a time/space reference) Let us also consider that if God were to create a time/space universe for the purpose of creating beings with the potential of achieving a relative perfection, He would by necessity, need to remain hidden. This is because imperfect beings, scurrying around gaining experience, are doing so only because of some relative level of discomfort. If God were to be right there, provably present and directly contactable, the entire focus of survival would be for God to create a welfare state where they are taken care of with no effort on their part, and therefore, no chance of further growth. This would be entirely counter to His reason for their creation! However, God would have to be available in some way, to share in those experiences, and to guide his Kids. So, God, being spirit, gives his Kids that attribute as well, in the form of a soul. And so the partnership begins; God and humankind, experiencing this material realm. The human making judgment calls, and he/she and God experiencing the results. Good calls, make life a little easier. Bad calls, lead to more difficult, but even richer experiences, all of which eventuates in wisdom and therefore growth of the human soul.

Bro Dave
:-k

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #41

Post by Cathar1950 »

CJK wrote:
Quote:
Why is God Hidden?

Perhaps because the particular God you speak of does not exist.

In another place I wrote:
God is Love is diffrent then Love is God. We would be writing a new gospel.
I am not against it. They didnt have any problem when yhey wrote the ones we have. Or when they reworked them. Maybe the whole concept of God needs to be reworked. The hebrew God and the God of Paul and thus he NT seem almost to be diffrent Gods. One is platonic as interpreted by the later church fathers the other Hebrew interpreted after the exile.
After the exile God changes dispite the verses that say God dosn't change. They are just verses.
The bible is not a mathematical formula Where you run around making sound doctrine that is Biblical. That is an adventure game like dungeons and dragons. I say He is hidden because he is largly old tail ans stories from many sources weaved into a legal document forced upon them my ezra and the Persian experience. A hidden God is easier to explain then one made up of pieces of legends .