What is the difference from growing up God's way from the world's way ?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

michaelgabriel88
Apprentice

What is the difference from growing up God's way from the world's way ?

Post #1

Post by michaelgabriel88 »

Here we will have discussion what is grown up from God's point of view since Adam, since the noahide law, moses law,a nd in Jesus Christ and then into our own modern world. Because their so much debate as to what how should we be doing ? And what the world teaches our kids about transgender agenda and how the world is separating from the world and God and mixing it all making us believe what the world is how man must be effeminate or man losing their way with God.

Give your opinion as we dive deep in how men were in times of the Eden and women, how it was with Moses, and then with Jesus so we can identify correctly what is from God and what the world is teaching in school. With bible verses.

onewithhim
Savant

Re: What is the difference from growing up God's way from the world's way ?

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:37 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:03 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:31 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:12 pm
Tcg wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:04 am
michaelgabriel88 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:53 pm Here we will have discussion what is grown up from God's point of view since Adam, since the noahide law, moses law,a nd in Jesus Christ and then into our own modern world. Because their so much debate as to what how should we be doing ? And what the world teaches our kids about transgender agenda and how the world is separating from the world and God and mixing it all making us believe what the world is how man must be effeminate or man losing their way with God.

Give your opinion as we dive deep in how men were in times of the Eden and women, how it was with Moses, and then with Jesus so we can identify correctly what is from God and what the world is teaching in school. With bible verses.
You'd need to prove that there ever was an Eden to begin this discussion.

Tcg
Why? Don't we consider the Bible the ultimate authority in our discussions? Isn't it a given that the Bible contains the facts of what we are bringing to the table?
Not always, unless you demand that it's a fact that hares eat cud---which they don't---and that bats are birds---which they're not.

It says plainly: "Jehovah God planted a garden in Eden, toward the East, and there he put the man whom he had formed." (Genesis 2:8)
It also says, "Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) which never happened.

Oh yes it did. Directly after Jesus said that there would be those standing there that would see him like he will be coming in his Kingdom, he transfigured in front of Peter, James and John. They saw him "coming in his Kingdom,"
Where does it say he was in/with his kingdom when he returned? It doesn't.

or, as he would be when he came into his Kingdom.
How do you know? You don't because the Bible says nothing of the sort.

It does if you check out the whole Bible. Jehovah's Spirit makes that clear to His worshippers. Study the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses and you will be able to see the truth. Jehovah's Spirit is with the WTS and it guides the brothers of Jesus in the way that they should go.

Miles
Savant

Post #12

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:59 pm
Miles wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:37 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:03 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:31 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:12 pm
michaelgabriel88 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:53 pm Here we will have discussion what is grown up from God's point of view since Adam, since the noahide law, moses law,a nd in Jesus Christ and then into our own modern world. Because their so much debate as to what how should we be doing ? And what the world teaches our kids about transgender agenda and how the world is separating from the world and God and mixing it all making us believe what the world is how man must be effeminate or man losing their way with God.

Tcg
Why? Don't we consider the Bible the ultimate authority in our discussions? Isn't it a given that the Bible contains the facts of what we are bringing to the table?
Not always, unless you demand that it's a fact that hares eat cud---which they don't---and that bats are birds---which they're not.

It says plainly: "Jehovah God planted a garden in Eden, toward the East, and there he put the man whom he had formed." (Genesis 2:8)
It also says, "Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) which never happened.

Oh yes it did. Directly after Jesus said that there would be those standing there that would see him like he will be coming in his Kingdom, he transfigured in front of Peter, James and John. They saw him "coming in his Kingdom,"
Where does it say he was in/with his kingdom when he returned? It doesn't.

or, as he would be when he came into his Kingdom.
How do you know? You don't because the Bible says nothing of the sort.

It does if you check out the whole Bible. Jehovah's Spirit makes that clear to His worshippers. Study the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses and you will be able to see the truth. Jehovah's Spirit is with the WTS and it guides the brothers of Jesus in the way that they should go.
In other words, there are NO specific Bible verses that undeniably back up your claim that:

"Directly after Jesus said that there would be those standing there that would see him like he will be coming in his Kingdom, he transfigured in front of Peter, James and John. They saw him "coming in his Kingdom,"

It's all a fabrication. The Bible never says they saw any such thing. Of course, if it does, all you have to do is point out the specific verse(s). . . (I await your chapter and verse.)

Following on the heels of your previous statement, "They saw him "coming in his Kingdom" you then pull your punches by saying

"or as he would be when he came into his Kingdom."

Which I challenged with my question "How do you know?" Something that would require information taken directly from the Bible. A verse that actually said "or, as he would be when he came into his Kingdom." or incontrovertible words to this effect.

Alas, having failed to support your claim you now come out with the apologists last resort: The reader would understand it all if only he wore Ruby Red slippers and read the Bible backwards by the light of a holy candle, or was Lord of the Rings and blessed with the contents of a bottle of Dom Perignon P2 2003 at full moon. But what really gets me though, is that you expect me to ferret out the truth of your assertion: "It does if you check out the whole Bible." Sorry good buddy, this isn't how it works in a debate. I support my side of the debate and YOU support YOUR side. And from what I see, I can and you can't, but no biggie. Life will go on without Jesus ever coming in his kingdom. ;)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #13

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Miles in post #12]

No, it's pretty clear what is happening in the passage we have been discussing. Mark 9:1,2 shows that right after Jesus said that some standing there would not die until they saw him "coming in his kingdom power" Peter, James and John saw him transfigured. That is the way he would be coming back in kingdom power---he will be a mighty spirit individual, "who dwells in unapproachable light." (I Timothy 6:16) God's Spirit helps us understand this.

Miles
Savant

Post #14

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:50 pm [Replying to Miles in post #12]

No, it's pretty clear what is happening in the passage we have been discussing. Mark 9:1,2 shows that right after Jesus said that some standing there would not die until they saw him "coming in his kingdom power"
Mark 9:1,2 says no such thing. All it addresses is the "god's kingdom," or "the kingdom of god." It never mentions "him," "he," or "Jesus." (Although some Bibles do identify the speaker of the prophecy as Jesus.)

Peter, James and John saw him transfigured.
Okay. Image

That is the way he would be coming back in kingdom power---he will be a mighty spirit individual, "who dwells in unapproachable light."
Other than yourself, who says so? And while Jesus MAY eventually "be coming back in kingdom power" the Bible never says he DID so.

(I Timothy 6:16) God's Spirit helps us understand this.
It may help you with something, but it does nothing to buttress your claim that "They saw him "coming in his Kingdom."

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by Purple Knight »

I think what you're getting at asking is why is this the way it is. I'll just assume you're correct and explore it.

What's at play here is that when children are young they're very impressionable. And they'll believe whatever they're told with the most confidence. If their parents say, "This is the way I think it is," and their teachers say, "No, your parents are dinosaurs, that's silly," the kids are going to believe the teachers.

People are also going to preferentially believe what gives them benefits. The fact that (for example) women want to be equal, has nothing to do with whether they are or not. Even if they weren't, they would preferentially believe they were, if you have two people telling them two stories about it. So even if this equality business is incorrect, it's an easy sell, and something you'd have to overcome with a disproportionately large measure of facts and proof, because people want to believe it.

Once you tell a group of people they are equal and they have these rights, even if the rights go beyond what others have, that seed has been sewn, grown roots, turned into a tree, and you'll need four horses to pull it out, even if it doesn't happen to be true. People don't care if it's true. You tell them it is and they're going to hold onto that. And it really is bad form to tell people they have some right, and then take that away. Even if it isn't the same person doing the former and the latter, you're going to deal with the same degree of (imo righteous) anger, which surfaces because they've been tricked and someone is trying to take what was said was theirs. Even if it's the first person who deceived, they can't notice the deception until the second person comes along and rains on their pride parade, so the second person is going to take the flak. That's not right but the anger is, because people have a right to know what is moral and what is not... what rights they have and what rights they do not.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg
I don't see why; the garden of Eden is mentioned in the Bible book of Genesis and regardless of one's interpretation of the text, that is surely enough for a discussion on the individuals therein; at least in this forum. The OP invites posters to share their interpretation of the text in view sex and gender; if scripturally one supports the view that Eden was merely allegorical, one is free to proceed from that point but I don't think one needs prove a literal garden of Eden existed before discussing what the text says on the subject.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8