Role reversals

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

TQWcS
Scholar

Role reversals

Post #1

Post by TQWcS »

Just for a little fun lets have the Deists argue for Atheism and the Atheists argue for Deism. The agnostics can pick and choose what side they want to be on :lol:.

Nameless

Re: uh huh

Post #11

Post by Nameless »

otseng wrote:[... is against the rules
Perhaps a new thread, under the 'Psychological' section, might be to inquire why Christians need and make so many rules in their (and our) lives. Using 'moderator cross section' is irrelevent as this is still a basically christian site. More 'politically correct' rules on here than anywhere else I have been. You even have a 'public stocks'!!!! How 'retro'...

Jose
Guru

Post #12

Post by Jose »

Nameless wrote:Perhaps a new thread, under the 'Psychological' section, might be to inquire why Christians need and make so many rules in their (and our) lives. Using 'moderator cross section' is irrelevent as this is still a basically christian site. More 'politically correct' rules on here than anywhere else I have been. You even have a 'public stocks'!!!! How 'retro'...
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the Christians. I'm just about as non-Christian as they come, and the discussion rules don't bother me any. I've spent time on other sites as well, and had discussions get derailed by one-liners and insults. I think I can see that the reason for these rules isn't so much to be politically correct, but to try to get discussions that actually work. It's much more challenging to put together a reasonable argument than it is to make fun of the other guy, or just try to make 'em mad. Besides, if there's an insult-fest, then the rest of us have to wade through a bunch of squabbling before we can get back to the discussion. That gets tiresome. So, "retro" or not, at least it keeps things going reasonably smoothly.
Panza llena, corazon contento