Excessive use of tags - restoring sanity ?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

byofrcs

Excessive use of tags - restoring sanity ?

Post #1

Post by byofrcs »

You know who I mean. Can we get a site-wide recommendation ?. #-o #-o #-o

A little to highlight some point but word after word of barf inducing tagging, coupled with emoticons is crazy :P :P :P

Fallibleone
Guru

Post #11

Post by Fallibleone »

I agree with OC. Where the hell does he find the time? It doesn't hurt my eyes, but I do find myself wondering 'why?' so much that I often realise I've got to the end of the post and not taken in a single word. Moderating it? I dunno... how many people does this actually apply to?
''''What I am is good enough if I can only be it openly.''''

''''The man said "why you think you here?" I said "I got no idea".''''

''''Je viens comme un chat
Par la nuit si noire.
Tu attends, et je tombe
Dans tes ailes blanches,
Et je vole,
Et je coule
Comme une plume.''''

otseng
Savant

Post #12

Post by otseng »

Furrowed Brow wrote:If the great all seeing deity (:egg:V:egg:) did not means us to bold underline italicize and leave emoticon 8-) :o #-o :confused2: at the end of every line then he would not have given us the code.
Yes, otherwise I would not have given you the code. :P O:)

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #13

Post by OnceConvinced »

Fallibleone wrote:I agree with OC. Where the hell does he find the time? It doesn't hurt my eyes, but I do find myself wondering 'why?' so much that I often realise I've got to the end of the post and not taken in a single word. Moderating it? I dunno... how many people does this actually apply to?
That actually reminds me of myself in church or in prayer groups. Some person would start praying and every few words would say "Father God", or "Lord God". eg:

Father God, we pray Lord God that you would bless, lord God our brother, father God... etc etc (I'm not kidding! A lot of people actually pray this way!)

I would be sitting there unable to get beyond all the Father Gods and Lord Gods and then come to the end and wonder what the hell they were actually praying about.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World