Why do you believe what you believe ?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Illyricum
Apprentice

Why do you believe what you believe ?

Post #1

Post by Illyricum »

Just a question, wether you believe in God or something else, why do you believe what you believe ?
So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:19

Nameless

Re: Uh, lions eat grass?

Post #21

Post by Nameless »

Maybe, but I always make the assumption that your heart is who you are to believe :)
To each her own, but if you read your own bible, you might have come across the quote, "the heart is deceitful above all things!" Ever hear it? What do YOU think it means? But, hey, to each his own, right?

scorpia
Sage

heh

Post #22

Post by scorpia »

well, no I haven't heard it, nor do I know what it would mean. But I'll make this assumption anyway, biblical text or no.

t
Student

Re: heh

Post #23

Post by t »

scorpia wrote:well, no I haven't heard it, nor do I know what it would mean. But I'll make this assumption anyway, biblical text or no.
Wesley wrote "Jer 17:9 - The heart - There is nothing so false and deceitful as the heart of man; deceitful in its apprehensions of things, in the hopes and promises which it nourishes, in the assurances that it gives us; unsearchable by others, deceitful with reference to ourselves, and abominably wicked, so that neither can a man know his own heart, nor can any other know that of his neighbour's."

Nameless

Re: heh

Post #24

Post by Nameless »

t wrote:Wesley wrote "Jer 17:9 - The heart - There is nothing so false and deceitful as the heart of man; deceitful in its apprehensions of things, in the hopes and promises which it nourishes, in the assurances that it gives us; unsearchable by others, deceitful with reference to ourselves, and abominably wicked, so that neither can a man know his own heart, nor can any other know that of his neighbour's."
WOW! I'd forgotten the whole thing was as wonderfully stated as that. Thank you. Such glowing 'truth' and wisdom!!!!