Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Discrimination is good

Post #1

Post by Greatest I Am »

I have debated discrimination from both sdes and one of my arguements even I don't like to answer but I eventualy do.
In a sence answering positively or negatively can be correct. One is more correct than the other.
Have Fun

You find yourself on the outside of a space ship.
Two space people are floating away by accident and you can only save the life of one.
They are the same distace away and all other conditions are identical.
Except that one of the space people is of the same race as you. The other is not.

Which one will you save, remembering that all other conditions are the same.

Regards
DL

P.S.
I did not use the polling function because I would like a brief explanation for your decision with your reply.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

DISCRIMINATION IS GOOD

Post #21

Post by Greatest I Am »

Man has two natures, the political and the spiritual.

If we view the situation from a spiritual point of view, the problem solves itself easily. All we see coming is two souls and there is no conflict of conscious. Flip your coin and go with chance.
From the political side of our nature, I contend that showing positive discrimination is a better good than not, simply because choosing is good, choosing to do good plus use positive discrimination is better.

Regards
DL

Osiris
Student

Post #22

Post by Osiris »

Im sorry but this is a complex situation that would likely not happen and has nothing to do with discrimination. I would think-which astraunot could better help us survive. It would be a hard decision and would not be based on culture or ethnicity...

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by Greatest I Am »

Osiris wrote:Im sorry but this is a complex situation that would likely not happen and has nothing to do with discrimination. I would think-which astraunot could better help us survive. It would be a hard decision and would not be based on culture or ethnicity...
The scenario is quite simple to answer.

Run away if you like but recognize it as discrimination. If it was not you would not run from the answer.

Regards
DL

Osiris
Student

Post #24

Post by Osiris »

It may not be the answer you want but im not "running away". Believe it or not ppl make decisions on things other than ethnicity or looks.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by Greatest I Am »

Osiris wrote:It may not be the answer you want but im not "running away". Believe it or not ppl make decisions on things other than ethnicity or looks.
You are right and we do but here we have nothing else.
Would you then do nothing because you have no other knowledge and let them both go?

Regards
DL

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by Greatest I Am »

Every law passed by any country is permission to discriminate against a sub group of of that society.

If discrimination is not good then all of our laws must be bad??

Regards
DL

melikio
Guru

Ethnicity doesn't matter, to "me".

Post #27

Post by melikio »

Some people think ethnicity matters, but not for everyone.

I'm one of those who realize that if I were in any situation like that, it's just a terrible dilemma; I would do what I could, ethnicity would not matter...
and I would seek the grace to deal with any troubles that come after. :(

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

mister_lee
Scholar

Re: Discrimination is good

Post #28

Post by mister_lee »

Greatest I Am wrote:I have debated discrimination from both sdes and one of my arguements even I don't like to answer but I eventualy do.
In a sence answering positively or negatively can be correct. One is more correct than the other.
Have Fun

Two space people are floating away by accident and you can only save the life of one.
Except that one of the space people is of the same race as you. The other is not.

Regards
DL

P.S.
I did not use the polling function because I would like a brief explanation for your decision with your reply.
Interesting question. With all situations being equal, me not knowing either party, I would probably act on instinct. Honestly, why is it that I can save just one? I have two arms, am I also holding on with one of them? Would it be possible to tie something on and grab both? No. Then here is the progression of my thought process:

I can't save both so I'll reach my hand out, first one that grabs it, I save. Truthfully, race would not even come into my mind. If by chance I had long enough to think about it, and race did cross my mind as a consideration, then I would likely choose the one most different than myself. You see, I have no race. My mother hails straight from Europe, probably right off the Mayflower, while the other side hails from Ireland. My father is primarily African descendant, while he claims there are traces of Native American on the other side, but I've never been able to confirm or deny that claim. Being that I am the personification of differences, I would choose the one most different, assuming of course I had the time to process such information, because race plays little part in my decisions, except the women I find attractive. I'm specifically partial to two or three races so if it was a woman from one of those three, she's as good as saved. :2gun:
Dubtribe Soundsystem from San Francisco:

HONOR each other... ONE LOVE, ONE BOND, between all people, no matter what your COLOR, no matter what your RACE, your CREED, your CULTURE, your PREFERENCE, your PRIDE, RISE, and come together with ONE LOVE

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Re: Ethnicity doesn't matter, to "me".

Post #29

Post by Greatest I Am »

melikio wrote:Some people think ethnicity matters, but not for everyone.

I'm one of those who realize that if I were in any situation like that, it's just a terrible dilemma; I would do what I could, ethnicity would not matter...
and I would seek the grace to deal with any troubles that come after. :(

-Mel-
The issue is not ethnicity although I use it here.

In you case we can change the color to sexual orientation.
You know my views on homosexuality so you know that I do not mean any denigration here.
I just want you to see the issue correctly about positive discrimination.

Regards
DL

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Re: Discrimination is good

Post #30

Post by Greatest I Am »

mister_lee wrote:
Greatest I Am wrote:I have debated discrimination from both sdes and one of my arguements even I don't like to answer but I eventualy do.
Have Fun

Regards
DL

P.S.
Interesting question. With all situations being equal, me not knowing either party, I would probably act on instinct. Honestly, why is it that I can save just one? I have two arms, am I also holding on with one of them? Would it be possible to tie something on and grab both? No. Then here is the progression of my thought process:

I can't save both so I'll reach my hand out, first one that grabs it, I save. Truthfully, race would not even come into my mind. If by chance I had long enough to think about it, and race did cross my mind as a consideration, then I would likely choose the one most different than myself. You see, I have no race. My mother hails straight from Europe, probably right off the Mayflower, while the other side hails from Ireland. My father is primarily African descendant, while he claims there are traces of Native American on the other side, but I've never been able to confirm or deny that claim. Being that I am the personification of differences, I would choose the one most different, assuming of course I had the time to process such information, because race plays little part in my decisions, except the women I find attractive. I'm specifically partial to two or three races so if it was a woman from one of those three, she's as good as saved. :2gun:
I think that this is the first time I see one of your posts that run's away from a hard decision. I'm surprised with you.

Regards
DL