Why Would God Make Rules Subjugating Women?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Diogenes
Guru

Why Would God Make Rules Subjugating Women?

Post #1

Post by Diogenes »

This subtopic takes as a given that all three major Abrahamic religions developed laws to control or subjugate women to a different or lesser status. That is taken as a given for the purpose of this thread. Anyone who doubts the Abrahamic religions have, historically, fashioned rules for men to control women is advised to read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and ... _religions and start their own, separate topic for discussion, rather than argue that here.

The question for debate in this topic is "Why would God make rules that allow for the subjugation and control of women by men? The current example of such subjugation in its extreme form deals with the morality police in Iran, punishing and allegedly even murdering women for not 'properly' covering their hair with the hijab.
https://www.npr.org/2022/09/21/11242372 ... ity-police
But historically similar rules have been endorsed by both Jewish and Christian scriptures as well.

Before You Embark On A Journey Of Revenge, Dig Two Graves

— Confucius

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Why Would God Make Rules Subjugating Women?

Post #211

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:32 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:15 am
Miles wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:57 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:42 pm
Without a "beginning", you would not exist. If you think you "exist", then there was an initial initiator of that existence. The initiator would be your ultimate creator.
Couldn't the initial initiator or ultimate creator be abiogenesis? If not, why not?

As stated in Genesis, life/man was created out of the dust of the earth, which are the minerals (crystalline structures) of the earth.
For what it's worth, not all minerals have a crystalline structures. The mineral Obsidian (SiO₂), is often called a mineraloid simply because it lacks such a structure, and opal (SiO₂·nH₂O), whose structure is also not crystalline, was granted the right to be called a mineral by the IMA (International Mineralogical Association).

The architectural geometry of the earth and plants match the 3D Platonic/Archimedean geometry of DNA with its 4 base molecules being combined into different sequences evolving into a double helix structure, along with the structure of plants, all based on the three beginning units of length, which include the golden mean ratio.
https://mountaintruss.yolasite.com/resources/H-P2.GIF
https://mountaintruss.yolasite.com/reso ... OLOMON.GIF
So what??

You might want to refer to your Wikipedia with respect to Obsidian. " Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed when lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimal crystal growth. " Minimal crystal growth does not mean "it lacks such a structure". The base of Opal is SIO2, which comes in 3 varieties of crystals. The nH2O portion comes in the form of a crystal when frozen, better known as ice.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #212

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:29 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:52 pm Israel was judged around the 730s B.C. by the Assyrians capturing Jerusalem and sold into slavery by the Assyrians.
More unevidenced assertions will not cover for your failure to show a god's involvement in our beginnings, our existence, or now in this whole Israel judgement claim.

Face it, preaching you're good at. It's the putting truth to it where ya fall off the stool
If you don't know this history already, I must assume you are of a younger generation,
My age has no bearing on your inability to show you speak truth.
educated by the woke academia, whose emphasis seems to be of counting the number of genders, and blurring the lines between sexes.
I've got an eighth grade education.

Railing against "woke" only further solidifies you as so rigid of thought as to not be able to come to rational conclusions.

But do tell us all how sexes / gender supports your contention of a god's involvement in our beginnings, or existence, or now this ludicrous idea of Israel being judged by a god you can't even show exists.
At least, in general, your horse probably doesn't seem to have that problem.
That wasn't my horse I was referring to.

Notice what's happening here, dear observer... Our claimant is just piling one unevidenced claim upon the other, attempting to steer the discussion further away from their own claim, further away from challenges to that claim.

And for what? An inability to just fess up and say they can't put em no truth to the initial claim I've steadfastly stuck to throughout this exchange. That is the claim of a god's involvement in our beginnings or existence.

If one was a bit untrusting, they might think our claimant here is up to some skullduggery.

The liar lies and the preacher preaches.
I guess our claimant has decided to abandon their challenged claims.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Miles
Savant

Post #213

Post by Miles »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:55 am
Miles wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:32 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:15 am
Miles wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:57 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:42 pm
Without a "beginning", you would not exist. If you think you "exist", then there was an initial initiator of that existence. The initiator would be your ultimate creator.
Couldn't the initial initiator or ultimate creator be abiogenesis? If not, why not?

As stated in Genesis, life/man was created out of the dust of the earth, which are the minerals (crystalline structures) of the earth.
For what it's worth, not all minerals have a crystalline structures. The mineral Obsidian (SiO₂), is often called a mineraloid simply because it lacks such a structure, and opal (SiO₂·nH₂O), whose structure is also not crystalline, was granted the right to be called a mineral by the IMA (International Mineralogical Association).

The architectural geometry of the earth and plants match the 3D Platonic/Archimedean geometry of DNA with its 4 base molecules being combined into different sequences evolving into a double helix structure, along with the structure of plants, all based on the three beginning units of length, which include the golden mean ratio.
So what??

You might want to refer to your Wikipedia with respect to Obsidian. " Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed when lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimal crystal growth. " Minimal crystal growth does not mean "it lacks such a structure". The base of Opal is SIO2, which comes in 3 varieties of crystals. The nH2O portion comes in the form of a crystal when frozen, better known as ice.
You are correct in that obsidian is not a mineral; however, I defer to the IMA in its decision to consider opal to be a mineral.

brunumb
Savant

Post #214

Post by brunumb »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:55 am The base of Opal is SIO2, which comes in 3 varieties of crystals. The nH2O portion comes in the form of a crystal when frozen, better known as ice.
Two points.
Silica, SiO2 is divided into two main groups, crystalline silica and amorphous silica (non-crystalline silica). The water molecules in SiO2.nH2O can in no way be related to water in the crystalline form of ice.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #215

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

brunumb wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:34 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:55 am The base of Opal is SIO2, which comes in 3 varieties of crystals. The nH2O portion comes in the form of a crystal when frozen, better known as ice.
Two points.
Silica, SiO2 is divided into two main groups, crystalline silica and amorphous silica (non-crystalline silica). The water molecules in SiO2.nH2O can in no way be related to water in the crystalline form of ice.
The point is that silica dioxide comes in three forms of crystals. As for H20, it also can be found in crystalline form, as in snowflake crystals and ice. Amorphous ice and glass are a product of conditions. You can find amorphous ice mostly in outer space, but on earth it is mostly crystalline. The theory I was taught in school was that every snowflake was an independent crystal, with no matching crystal to be found, but apparently, they can be quite similar. I am a little skeptic about them all being unique, but it kind of works with fingerprints, so who is to say. The point is that the mathematical geometry of the crystalline structures and shapes of plants, animals, and gems, can be traced back to grouping of numbers found in the Torah. The ultimate point is that women came from man, which means the chicken came before the egg, which makes man the base of woman, therefore their elder, but with both unique.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #216

Post by Clownboat »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:22 am The point is that silica dioxide comes in three forms of crystals. As for H20, it also can be found in crystalline form, as in snowflake crystals and ice. Amorphous ice and glass are a product of conditions. You can find amorphous ice mostly in outer space, but on earth it is mostly crystalline. The theory I was taught in school was that every snowflake was an independent crystal, with no matching crystal to be found, but apparently, they can be quite similar. I am a little skeptic about them all being unique, but it kind of works with fingerprints, so who is to say. The point is that the mathematical geometry of the crystalline structures and shapes of plants, animals, and gems, can be traced back to grouping of numbers found in the Torah. The ultimate point is that women came from man, which means the chicken came before the egg, which makes man the base of woman, therefore their elder, but with both unique.
What! That was not the point at all.

The point was to distract from the fact that you cannot show you speak the truth when you made specific claims.

You were asked to confirm that we came into existence.
You were asked to establish that a heaven exists.
You were asked what initiated the initiator.

What did we get? Crystal talk and a claim that women came from men. You belong in Holy Huddle where your claims will not be subject to questioning. You can preach and preach and wouldn't even have to bring up crystals there. Here, we read your words and are left in bewilderment.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

brunumb
Savant

Post #217

Post by brunumb »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:22 am The point is that the mathematical geometry of the crystalline structures and shapes of plants, animals, and gems, can be traced back to grouping of numbers found in the Torah. The ultimate point is that women came from man, which means the chicken came before the egg, which makes man the base of woman, therefore their elder, but with both unique.
Crystals are the result of the regular packing of ions and molecules that leads to the lowest energy configuration. The size, shape and charges associated with those particles will determine the type of crystal that forms. Numbers are irrelevant, the Torah notwithstanding. How one goes from crystals to woman coming from man beats me.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #218

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

brunumb wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:48 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:22 am The point is that the mathematical geometry of the crystalline structures and shapes of plants, animals, and gems, can be traced back to grouping of numbers found in the Torah. The ultimate point is that women came from man, which means the chicken came before the egg, which makes man the base of woman, therefore their elder, but with both unique.
Crystals are the result of the regular packing of ions and molecules that leads to the lowest energy configuration. The size, shape and charges associated with those particles will determine the type of crystal that forms. Numbers are irrelevant, the Torah notwithstanding. How one goes from crystals to woman coming from man beats me.
Well, the topic is with respect to "women" and "God", and it needed to be brought back into perspective. The formation of ice crystals is dependent on conditions found during formation, regardless of lowest energy configuration. There are apparently an infinite number of geometries for ice crystals. There are 3 different crystal types with regard to SIO2, not one. The 3D geometry of the Crystals is mathematical based around the Golden mean, unity, and the square root of two, which combine in the formation of 12 Platonic geometrical foundational shapes. These geometries are evident in plants, viruses, DNA, minerals, fractals, and are mirrored in the formation of Israel, the "Sanctuary" of God. (Ezekiel 37:28)

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #219

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:37 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:22 am The point is that silica dioxide comes in three forms of crystals. As for H20, it also can be found in crystalline form, as in snowflake crystals and ice. Amorphous ice and glass are a product of conditions. You can find amorphous ice mostly in outer space, but on earth it is mostly crystalline. The theory I was taught in school was that every snowflake was an independent crystal, with no matching crystal to be found, but apparently, they can be quite similar. I am a little skeptic about them all being unique, but it kind of works with fingerprints, so who is to say. The point is that the mathematical geometry of the crystalline structures and shapes of plants, animals, and gems, can be traced back to grouping of numbers found in the Torah. The ultimate point is that women came from man, which means the chicken came before the egg, which makes man the base of woman, therefore their elder, but with both unique.

The point was to distract from the fact that you cannot show you speak the truth when you made specific claims.

What did we get? Crystal talk and a claim that women came from men. You belong in Holy Huddle where your claims will not be subject to questioning. You can preach and preach and wouldn't even have to bring up crystals there. Here, we read your words and are left in bewilderment.
I don't know. I am thinking there was a "bewilderment" to start with. I was simply trying to inject order into chaos. If there was no initiator of the heavens, you would not have come into existence, and you wouldn't be in such a "bewildered" state. Being that you declare you are in some type of "bewildered" "state", I must assume you must have come into existence, but do not know how or why. That seems a problem for individuals to work out on their own.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #220

Post by Clownboat »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:06 pm
Clownboat wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:37 pm

I don't know. I am thinking there was a "bewilderment" to start with. I was simply trying to inject order into chaos. If there was no initiator of the heavens, you would not have come into existence, and you wouldn't be in such a "bewildered" state. Being that you declare you are in some type of "bewildered" "state", I must assume you must have come into existence, but do not know how or why. That seems a problem for individuals to work out on their own.
Well, you again failed to show that you speak the truth. At least you didn't talk about crystals formation though.

It would not be logical for people to work out on their own as far as where we all came from. That would lead to all sorts of beliefs, like we get from the Bible when people work it out on their own.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb