piracy.An issue?

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

jesse
Student

piracy.An issue?

Post #1

Post by jesse »

hey all, i really need to ask. Do you agree that piracy is an issue to the future of the entertainment industry?
should issues like morality, revenue and gradul seriousness be overweighed by simply the temptation of convieneice, substantial costs and simplisity of piracy?

Or should it instead be revered as the more important factor?

feedback will be appreciated! :D

Vladd44
Sage

Post #31

Post by Vladd44 »

wiredmom wrote:So, I guess that musicians should go out and get a real job like everyone else to pay the bills.
OK, lets have some perspective. Out of all the people who would define themselves as musicians, what percentage of them support their lives with "real jobs"? I will give you a hint almost all of them.

So the system as it is now benefits an infinitesimally small group of individuals, not musicians as a whole.

The majority of musicians earning any money do so primarily by performing. From classical orchestras to a band performing for free alcohol at a bar, it is not from record sales. Performance situations also allow one to market other products at a profit as well.

But back to that 1/10% of musicians who you are defending.

They can earn it the same way other musicians do, by performing. Unfortunately for them many sound like total crap outside of a studio. Many of them being little more than marketing ploys.

Break the industry and you will see more diversity in music and a better distribution of the money people do spend on music. I personally think that FM heavy rotation is not conducive to real artists who don't fit the company perspective of marketability.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[GOD] ‑ 1 Cor 13:11
WinMX, BitTorrent and other p2p issues go to http://vladd44.com

ChristianGuy
Student

Post #32

Post by ChristianGuy »

Because I would like to be a famous musician one day, I would like to ask all of you to not pirate my music until I'm a millionaire. Then, you may limewire away :D