Is promiscuous sexual behavior a bad thing?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Is promiscuous sexual behavior a bad thing?

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

It has repeatedly been pointed out to me while debating on this site that a part of moral decline is promiscuous sexual behavior?

I am really confused on how this is exactly morally bad :-k

Question for debate is promiscuous sexual behavior morally bad?

I am not talking about someone cheating on someone that has more to do with lying than being promiscuous. If one is honest and does not have an intent to cause harm by their promiscuous sexual behavior how is it morally bad?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Eternity

Remove what is good and bad from debate of promiscuity.

Post #41

Post by Eternity »

[Replying to bluethread]

Hi, let me interject the idea of removing all possibilities of how we consider promiscuity to be bad except for having casual sex.

No possible way of contracting a sexual disease. No getting pregnant.

What then is the problem with sexual promiscuity?

bluethread
Savant

Re: Remove what is good and bad from debate of promiscuity.

Post #42

Post by bluethread »

Eternity wrote: [Replying to bluethread]

Hi, let me interject the idea of removing all possibilities of how we consider promiscuity to be bad except for having casual sex.

No possible way of contracting a sexual disease. No getting pregnant.

What then is the problem with sexual promiscuity?
So, are you asking if something is irresponsible, if there is nothing to be responsible for. Of course not. However, one can hardly call a sexual encounter that includes a verification of no possibility of pregnancy or disease casual.

Eternity

Re: Remove what is good and bad from debate of promiscuity.

Post #43

Post by Eternity »

[Replying to post 41 by bluethread]

That is not my point. Address sexual promiscuity without the baggage of sexually transmitted disease or pregnancy. I suspect that you can agree that by taking off the table for a debate about sexual promiscuity that debate then takes on a focused regard for what the Bible really says.

In the OT pregnancy had everything to do with a man's property; his worth. This concern was what adultery addressed. There was laws governing man's property. But those laws had nothing to do with what was sexual. Actually, I'd challenge anybody to come up with a biblical passage that speaks to human sexuality.

So, returning to what is sexually immoral about promiscuity, with disease and pregnancy off the table, what is the morality of sexual promiscuity? I did address what sexual immorality was biblically defined as in my first post as well as setting the stage for debate regarding how morality is defined.