Who collected the Ransom?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Nick Hallandale
Apprentice

Who collected the Ransom?

Post #1

Post by Nick Hallandale »

The New Testament says that Jesus paid a ransom for many, for all.

Matthew 20:28 KJV
28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

1Timothy 2:6 KJV
6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

So who collected the ransom?
Was it God?
Was it the Devil?
Was it Mankind?
Tell me who you think collected the ransom and why ?
Nick Hallandale enterprisestrategy@earthlink.net
If GOD gave us a conscience, doesn''t he expect us to obey?
If GOD expects us to obey, can we expect judgement and reward or punishment?

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #41

Post by chachynga »

bernee51 wrote:
Easyrider wrote: As the Bible says, God gives to each man a measure of faith;[
Then he short changed me - I have no faith whatsover in this god of yours, and even less in anything other than the bible being a cultural history of from an agrarian society.
Easyrider wrote: He then provides an eternal life of joy and happiness in heaven.
Struggling with the impermanance of the phenomenal world has led to many such beliefs. Why is yours anything special?
Easyrider wrote: If man doesn't wan't to partake of all that he can't blame God.
I am partaking in a growing understanding of the nature of our being...the kingdom of 'god' is within. Blaming your god for any shortcomings on that score would be an exercise in futility.
The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Or in this case Them and not YOU.

DEAL WITH IT. And THANK GOD for it! Praise him that you can be so used in his Glory, and ask to see the whole truth if he is willing, and expect an answer always, and keep knocking and asking and reflecting and praising... ask to be shown some turth... ask for a new heart... Ask for the Peace of Christ to be manifested, if not in you then in the world and ask to see that manifestation, and ask that it not be grievious to your heart.

Ask yourself if you truly love the truth at all costs, and then when you find out that you don't, seek to so then do!

It's not in you to do anything, the strength to do and see and hear anything will be revealed by God. You must love the truth at all costs, and then tear down walls by the strength of christ that you see are in the way.

BTW, asking is not enough, baptism is also required and following his laws too... see you can be a bible thumping professing christian, healing the sick, and going to church and paying tithes and being kind to everyone in the world, and your still damned.

This truth is a basis to build upon: God never Changes, he is the same yesterday, today and forevermore, amen.

Read the bible with that in mind and a heart that is willing to yield to any truth revealed as true, even when contrary to your now nature.

In the end, you may never be chosen, and many are called but few chosen.

I would count on God being Just and not a monster, and know he will do what is proper no matter if man thinks otherwise, know he is full of equity and love and mercy and his patience endureth much, and his wrath is not as harsh as man sells it to so be.

If you are meant to be one of Christs, then may you see and repent, and if you are his enemy that seeks to destroy his ways may that you be cursed.

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #42

Post by chachynga »

Cathar1950 wrote:According to the oldest traditions, Jesus became God's son at his baptism.
Becoming God's son (anointed) was not divinity any more then David the Priests or the Prophets. The virgin birth is hardly credible and is a misreading of the Hebrew scripture translated into Greek.
In order to create a dependence of us on himself (God), which I suspect was God's intent.
Dependence? Wow, you sure have a low view of God's intent.
"I call you friends not servants"
God is judging Jesus as himself in human. When Jesus walked the earth he was God taking on human form. So for that period of time he was taking on both natures, God and man. So when God judges Jesus he does so in the same fashion he would judge a man. Like you said, there are attributes of mankind that are definitely less then perfect.

How can he have both natures and be perfect?
Why is he judging Jesus or himself?
But because Jesus is God, and he circumvented the curse of sin (by means of the virgin birth) he is able to be found righteous in God's eyes.
The curse of sin is a Pauline invention, which is really the curse of the law.
Maybe he found righteousness in God's eyes as others have but that hardly justifies us. But the fall is really not a Hebrew concept.
The whole thing sound convoluted.
because one man sinned to bring a curse so can one man bring a blessing to remove the curse

you dont understand the bible story or why christ came or who Christ came for... until you know that then you'll be lost even if you so called believed in a god...